Official Planet Pet Peeves Thread

Won't the tuna under the desk thing punish me as well? LOL Our cube wall between us isn't very high lol If we stand up we can see in each other's cubes.
ok put gum on your shoe and walk around on teh carpets....then the boss sees his bottom jaw chomping like a mule and takes gum away from him..

I am trying anything I can here..

ok put gum on your shoe and walk around on teh carpets....then the boss sees his bottom jaw chomping like a mule and takes gum away from him..

I am trying anything I can here..

LOL now THAT one sounds great!!! Keeps my cube stink free as well!!

From a practical standpoint, can you use an MP3 player while at your desk?

I would guess the music wouldn't have to be that loud to mask the audio component of his mastication.

Alternatively, you could get some of those noise cancelling headphones that Bose and others make.

Even if you don't have real ones, if you made him think that's what they were, and told him it was so you didn't have to listen to him chew, it might embarrass him enough that he'd stop.

From a practical standpoint, can you use an MP3 player while at your desk?

I would guess the music wouldn't have to be that loud to mask the audio component of his mastication.

Alternatively, you could get some of those noise cancelling headphones that Bose and others make.

Even if you don't have real ones, if you made him think that's what they were, and told him it was so you didn't have to listen to him chew, it might embarrass him enough that he'd stop.

I have headphones here small earbuds where only one side works now. I just can't hear people when they are coming around the corner. Or when they all yell over their cubes for a question (which they do very often here other depts must hate us)

But also I wouldn't be able to roam the planet because I would always be getting caught LOL :p

But no when I get really annoyed which is usually when Taylor Swift is on that's when I break out the loud music.

I say break his fvkin jaw...:coffee:

He was just humming a few minutes ago LOL I could make one hell of a soundtrack by just recording his sounds.

Funny thing is when we had our summer intern and they were putting him on the other side this guy says oh I dunno Kat might not like that cause he is loud and talks too much. LOL ummmm??

He was just humming a few minutes ago LOL I could make one hell of a soundtrack by just recording his sounds.

Funny thing is when we had our summer intern and they were putting him on the other side this guy says oh I dunno Kat might not like that cause he is loud and talks too much. LOL ummmm??
The other day while watching the Sunday night Football Pregame I told my daughter that everytime she clicked her mouse it was aggravating like fingernails on the chalk board, and warned her for the well being of her Laptop that she should either close the lap top or leave the room... She left the room... Apparently I look like a Neanderthal with rabies right before and during game time...:coffee:

People who pass you on the right doing 85 on the highway.

They suck.
I don't give a shyt if it's legal.. it's rude.

The other day while watching the Sunday night Football Pregame I told my daughter that everytime she clicked her mouse it was aggravating like fingernails on the chalk board, and warned her for the well being of her Laptop that she should either close the lap top or leave the room... She left the room... Apparently I look like a Neanderthal with rabies right before and during game time...:coffee:

I have two dogs and they can get rambunctious at times.

evil_eye2A.jpg

I taught them a command word to go in the other room, lie down, and be quiet.

The command word is.........

FOOTBALL!​

I have two dogs and they can get rambunctious at times.

evil_eye2A.jpg

I taught them a command word to go in the other room, lie down, and be quiet.

The command word is.........

FOOTBALL!​
:toast:

Androgyny. Reminded of this by "one (let'd be PolitInc) of them" in the Market Basket parking lot this morning. Don't mind anyone's orientation and I suppose uncertainty and or ambiguity falls in that rubric. But for some reason, it bother's the hell out of me when I can't figure out what he or she is trying to be. :shrug:

Androgyphobic??? :(

pat.jpg

Cheers, BostonTim

Androgyny. Reminded of this by "one (let'd be PolitInc) of them" in the Market Basket parking lot this morning. Don't mind anyone's orientation and I suppose uncertainty and or ambiguity falls in that rubric. But for some reason, it bother's the hell out of me when I can't figure out what he or she is trying to be. :shrug:

Androgyphobic??? :(

pat.jpg

Cheers, BostonTim
I had the same issue of confusion there, two patrons of the store were talking behind me and I swore I thought they were 13 year old boys until further inspection and they were all tattoo'd up and female

My biggest pet peeve: fellow teachers on their smart phones in the classroom.

Sorry, you have ONE job to do, and that's to educate students during the time that they're in your care.

Even if they're working on an assignment, the teacher should be circulating, helping, even just use his/her presence to stand by students who may not be working hard. That mere presence focuses students to work.

Angers me more than anything else.

My biggest pet peeve: fellow teachers on their smart phones in the classroom.

Sorry, you have ONE job to do, and that's to educate students during the time that they're in your care.

Even if they're working on an assignment, the teacher should be circulating, helping, even just use his/her presence to stand by students who may not be working hard. That mere presence focuses students to work.

Angers me more than anything else.
And if that S*** goes on at Lawrence, imagine what it's like in the public schools. :(

BostonTim

Back