Official Planet Pet Peeves Thread

Won't the tuna under the desk thing punish me as well? LOL Our cube wall between us isn't very high lol If we stand up we can see in each other's cubes.
He sounds like a male giraffe (the only animal in the world who can say 'The high balls are on me.'). :insane:

A little background: I drive a car that looks almost exactly like this:

38475990001_medium.jpg

The issue is this. Most of my engine sits behind me, my dog, or my date (they sit in the same seat, just not at the same time).

So, if I were ever to be rear ended, it's curtains, Batman.

I should be allowed to not only carry a firearm, but also, discharge it in the direction of any driver who wilfully tailgates me.

That is all.

Friends and family that come to visit and spend all their time on their phones texting, Tweeting, MyFacing, Crushing Candy, Tumbling or what have you. It is the epitome of rudeness.

Friends and family that come to visit and spend all their time on their phones texting, Tweeting, MyFacing, Crushing Candy, Tumbling or what have you. It is the epitome of rudeness.

I hate when people do that stuff. Stay the hell home :thwak:

Yes, but if they stayed at home, how would you serve them dinner? :shrug:

OK, here's a new one...I HATE HATE HATE when I am making a new recipe and the "prep" time is way way way off. If I had a nickel forevery time it said 10 minutes when the real prep time was 1 hour plus, I'd be rich.

Just happened again the other night. What do these recipe writers think prep time consists of? Pulling out all the urtensils you'll need to make the dish? Cuz that's what 10 minutes is. I get that since I alter most recipes that any extra time shouldn't be counted and yes I get that if you've cooked at all you know that 10 min is unrealistic when you are chopping by hand various veggies and cutting up meat. So I know 10 min is wrong. But why don't they even TRY to get it close? ARGH!!!!

OK, here's a new one...I HATE HATE HATE when I am making a new recipe and the "prep" time is way way way off. If I had a nickel forevery time it said 10 minutes when the real prep time was 1 hour plus, I'd be rich. Just happened again the other night. What do these recipe writers think prep time consists of? Pulling out all the urtensils you'll need to make the dish? Cuz that's what 10 minutes is. I get that since I alter most recipes that any extra time shouldn't be counted and yes I get that if you've cooked at all you know that 10 min is unrealistic when you are chopping by hand various veggies and cutting up meat. So I know 10 min is wrong. But why don't they even TRY to get it close? ARGH!!!!

Maybe they're using the same time base that's used when the following answer "soon".

A man on how long till a basketball game will be over when the clock has less than 2:00
A woman when asked when she is going to be ready
A software developer on when the code is going to be done
Any doctor or nurse in an ER when asked when you'll be seen, get results, be discharged, etc.

UPS is a new pet peeve of mine.
Since the 12th they've sent a package of mine out for delivery, only to not deliver it with the reason "EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL"

And they won't tell me what the emergency is. Fedex, Lasership, USPS, the school bus, a moving truck and a repo truck has had no problem getting around to our neighborhood.

UPS is a new pet peeve of mine.
Since the 12th they've sent a package of mine out for delivery, only to not deliver it with the reason "EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL"

And they won't tell me what the emergency is. Fedex, Lasership, USPS, the school bus, a moving truck and a repo truck has had no problem getting around to our neighborhood.

If it was going via air, it's probably the ice/snow storms down south. IIRC, UPS routes everything through one major hub in Kentucky. It goes to a local airport, is flown to their hub, transferred to another plane and flown to a local airport near the point of delivery.

So if that airport in KY is closed, nothing moves by air.

If it was going via air, it's probably the ice/snow storms down south. IIRC, UPS routes everything through one major hub in Kentucky. It goes to a local airport, is flown to their hub, transferred to another plane and flown to a local airport near the point of delivery.

So if that airport in KY is closed, nothing moves by air.

It's been sitting in a UPS location 15 minutes from my house since the 12th according to their tracking system.

It's been sitting in a UPS location 15 minutes from my house since the 12th according to their tracking system.

Is that outbound or inbound?

If outbound, the weather issue could still have been a factor.

I may have mentioned this earlier in the thread but @&#*@^*#^$( @ people who pull out in front of you on a high speed road when no one is behind you and they have a clear sight line to see that and they proceed to go 10-15 mph under the speed limit.

Is that outbound or inbound?

If outbound, the weather issue could still have been a factor.

It literally showed in their tracking system as out for delivery for all those days in a row. At the end of each day, the status would change as "emergency"

Hence it took me an extra eight days to receive my package from UPS, despite every other major delivery service being able to deliver packages to my house.

I'm not sure anyone has mentioned this yet:

The Windows 8/Surface commercial with the song that says: "Honestly I wanna see you be brave".

What kind of sales pitch is that? "Grow a pair. Try our product. It's not as bad as you think." or "Buy our product, unless you're...chicken."

Why should I have to be "brave" to buy their product? Should I be afraid it'll blow up? Chew my arm off? Everyone will laugh at me for buying the thing?

Even if it is good. That commercial gives me the impression they're anything but proud and confident in their product.

Back