Offseason Fantasy Baseball League

What kind of draft should we have?

• Live

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Auto

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd like to do it, but can't do a live draft on 3/2 since I will be soaking up rays in the tropics and using the internet cafe on the ship for something like this would cost a bloody fortune, but it is still a good idea.

It's kind of funny how little conversation the football fantasy leagues generated on here. I'm not sure if it was the bare bones free league interface that Yahoo provides or not, but I still had fun with it. When the season was over we barely mentioned it here.

Maybe the problem was that people didn't relate to the players from the autodraft as much as if they had carefully selected their own guys.

Good luck commish and enjoy it everybody. Something like this can help get you through the long baseball season, especially if the home nine takes the pickle early.

Not that it might actually happen. :eek:

Ottawapatty said:
Currently the Max is 20 and that can work, sometimes players like to have fewer teams so there is more talent, personally I like having to choose between Coco Crisp and Brian Roberts for a position. It gives the league a more authentic feel

I'm in favor of increasing the bum to star ratio. The more dilute the talent pool the more unpredictable the results will be, and the more amusing. This isn't the MF Yankees we are building, this is baseball the way it should be.

Hawg73 said:
I'd like to do it, but can't do a live draft on 3/2 since I will be soaking up rays in the tropics...

How rough...

We could pick for you....or we could change the date. I think a live draft is a must, although it seriously favors those who have done this before. Come on Hawg, it won't be the same without you.

Aww it is too bad that you won't be in the leauge Hawg . . . you seem like a fairly knowledgable baseball fan. I think the reason the football talk died down was because everyone got caught up with the Pats and the last few weeks was really a two horse race.
If you have a friend of family member that you want to be co-owners of a team with that works too. I did that a few years back with a friend and it worked because our philosphy matched. The other person can do the draft and you share equal interest in trades, waivers and position setting etc.

Matt

Ottawapatty said:
Update: Sorry only earlier times availible!

Earlier in the day? What about another day, in the evening? What are the choices, it would make sense to pick a time with the least conflicts.

I believe that this is the solution for people who can't be there at the draft?

Welcome to Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball.

This note is to confirm that you have created a team called
WellHungSquirrels, which has been placed in the Custom League named
Pats Planet Offseason Killer (20847).

You have chosen to participate in one of our live online
drafts, which is set for Tue Mar 2 1:45pm EST.

On draft day, please arrive 10 minutes ahead of the scheduled
time. The draft will start promptly and may conclude rapidly
if only a few managers are logged in.

We also suggest that you pre-rank players in case you can't
make it to the draft. You can do this at any time by simply
going to the Fantasy Baseball home page and clicking on your
team name.

NoRespect said:
I believe that this is the solution for people who can't be there at the draft?

Yeah, that works pretty decently, but of course is no substitute for being there. You also have to make sure you go deep on your rankings or you'll get the default.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but as BB says: it is what it is.

Ok, you talked me into it.

When I get a few minutes a little later on I'll create "Hawg's Lost Planet Nine". I forgot about the autorank feature which they also had for the football draft and as long as I have an automatic backup all things will be copacetic.

As long as I get my at-bats I'm happy. Me and my number one superstar MANNY.

Count me in.

Okay here's who we have so far:

GAETTISGODFREAKS -- MrSteel
Assclowns -- Pookie
RyansRockets -- Nomah
Toxic Zombies -- PSC_Pats_fan
The Lost Planet Nine -- Hawg73
Well-Hung Squirrels -- NoRespect
Chowders Champs -- Chowder35
Needles of Doom -- Annihilus
Bongomonkeys -- nepatsfan93
Harper's Heros -- OttowaPatty

You won't regret it Hawg!

Who's next? (Needles of Doom is a riot).

10 more spots available.

I AM IN!!!

Thanks for telling me about this POOK!

Hey all, I just joined the fantasy league and my team is called:

RyanzRockets (no, has nothing to do with Clemens)

Looking forward to some good clean fun!!

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-NomaH

Toxic Zombies

Toxic Zombies in da house!

May the best man win... no wait, may the best team of the undead win ;)

By the way, I REFUSE to draft certain players no matter how good they are. (cough*RogerClemens*cough)

Before I end this post... I just have one question for y'all:

Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do, brother, when the Toxic Zombies run wild all over you?

Let ZombieMania begin! :D

NoRespect said:
Okay here's who we have so far:

7. Toxic Zombies -- ??

Just in case you missed it in my last post, I am the Mad Scientist who thought up and created the Toxic Zombies.

Its a team of undead players with special powers, coached by Ted Williams' head. :)

Hey all,

Good news I hope,

Draft time is now:

Sat Feb 28 2:45pm EST

This is the best I could swing, I don't know why the other dates opened up, but they did, I hope I can remember to sign in weekends are crazy for me!

LET Me know if the new time is good for everyone, people seemed to want a Saturday!

CRAP!!!!

Having a weekday draft was going to work out the best for me. I am not home during the day on Saturdays!!

Oh well, I will just pre-rank my players and hope for the best.

-NomaH

I think that is what I am going to do as well! I have an interesting way of pre-ranking so we will see how it will work out!

Cool!

I'll definitely try to make the Sat. Feb 28th 2:45 pm draft if possible! Thanks for setting this up!

I preranked just in case. :)

GO TOXIC ZOMBIES!!! :thumb:

Last year...

I played in a Yahoo! league last year and had to pre-rank and I ended up with most of the players I wanted! Finished 2nd in a groups of 8 teams. Not to shabby. Hopefully it will work out this year!

-NomaH

Back