Once he finds his way around Gillette, Leonard Hankerson hopes to chip in

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
ESPN link

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england...ocker-room-leonard-hankerson-hopes-to-chip-in

This dude is ripped

i

Reiss:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Things can change fast in the NFL, as wide receiver Leonard Hankerson experienced this week.

On Monday, he was rehabbing his hamstring back to health with the Atlanta Falcons. On Tuesday, he was deemed to be healthy enough to be released off the Falcons’ injured reserve list. Then on Wednesday, he was claimed by the New England Patriots.

So it’s no wonder that the 6-foot-2, 211-pound Hankerson joked that one of his biggest challenges these days is “knowing how to get back to the locker room.”

It’s all new to Hankerson, but he’s embracing the opportunity to join the 11-2 Patriots for their playoff push.

“I was just doing my thing, rehabbing as much as I can, staying in the training room and working. You never know what can happen, so you just have to stay on top of your stuff,” Hankerson said Friday in his first meeting with New England reporters.

Hankerson played in eight games for the Falcons this season, totaling 26 catches for 327 yards and three touchdowns. He was plagued by drops at times.

“I was trying to be anxious and make a play, that’s it,” he said, when asked about the drops. “You want to make that big play and help your team, [but] you have to focus, do what you can, and get the ball.”

Hankerson knows he has a chance to get plenty of balls in New England’s pass-first offense, which he described as “a totally different system” than Atlanta’s. He joins a receiving corps that includes Julian Edelman (sidelined by a left foot injury), Brandon LaFell, Keshawn Martin and Danny Amendola (limited by a knee injury).

In claiming Hankerson on waivers, coach Bill Belichick said, “He’s been a good player and he was available. It’s not that frequent that you see players like that available at this time of year.”

Hankerson saw a few familiar faces in the Patriots’ locker room upon his arrival, as he played with running back James White at St. Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and then tight end Asante Cleveland at the University of Miami.

As for the health of his hamstring, he said, “Feeling pretty good. Playing this game, you’ll never be 100 percent. The only thing you can do is keep working, keep doing what you can.”

Fingers crossed for this guy, this is a move with a massive potential because he is a genuinely class receiver. The dropsies can be cured with coaching.

He has all the tools necessary.

ESPN link

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england...ocker-room-leonard-hankerson-hopes-to-chip-in

This dude is ripped

i

Reiss:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Things can change fast in the NFL, as wide receiver Leonard Hankerson experienced this week.

On Monday, he was rehabbing his hamstring back to health with the Atlanta Falcons. On Tuesday, he was deemed to be healthy enough to be released off the Falcons’ injured reserve list. Then on Wednesday, he was claimed by the New England Patriots.

So it’s no wonder that the 6-foot-2, 211-pound Hankerson joked that one of his biggest challenges these days is “knowing how to get back to the locker room.”

It’s all new to Hankerson, but he’s embracing the opportunity to join the 11-2 Patriots for their playoff push.

“I was just doing my thing, rehabbing as much as I can, staying in the training room and working. You never know what can happen, so you just have to stay on top of your stuff,” Hankerson said Friday in his first meeting with New England reporters.

Hankerson played in eight games for the Falcons this season, totaling 26 catches for 327 yards and three touchdowns. He was plagued by drops at times.

“I was trying to be anxious and make a play, that’s it,” he said, when asked about the drops. “You want to make that big play and help your team, [but] you have to focus, do what you can, and get the ball.”

Hankerson knows he has a chance to get plenty of balls in New England’s pass-first offense, which he described as “a totally different system” than Atlanta’s. He joins a receiving corps that includes Julian Edelman (sidelined by a left foot injury), Brandon LaFell, Keshawn Martin and Danny Amendola (limited by a knee injury).

In claiming Hankerson on waivers, coach Bill Belichick said, “He’s been a good player and he was available. It’s not that frequent that you see players like that available at this time of year.”

Hankerson saw a few familiar faces in the Patriots’ locker room upon his arrival, as he played with running back James White at St. Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and then tight end Asante Cleveland at the University of Miami.

As for the health of his hamstring, he said, “Feeling pretty good. Playing this game, you’ll never be 100 percent. The only thing you can do is keep working, keep doing what you can.”

Calling Rob Gronkowski's dad, calling Rob Gronkowski's dad.....common sense on aisle 5.

Reiss:

I was trying to be anxious and make a play, that’s it,” he said, when asked about the drops. “You want to make that big play and help your team, [but] you have to focus, do what you can, and get the ball.”

You know what Crash Davis would say to this?

"Don't think, Meat ... just catch."

Leonard Hankerson is not......good.

The dude is fast and tall. That's it. He looks good in a uniform.

He cannot catch the football with any kind of consistency. There is a reason why he was floating around and that reason is that he isn't a good player.

He'll be gone soon.

Leonard Hankerson is not......good.

The dude is fast and tall. That's it. He looks good in a uniform.

He cannot catch the football with any kind of consistency. There is a reason why he was floating around and that reason is that he isn't a good player.

He'll be gone soon.

In other words.... He can't rush the passer?

Back