Only one more semester left

Reaction score
Today, I completed my last final of the semester and I'm officially done with the semester. As many of you know, though a Colts fan, I go to Providence College. I'll be graduating in May and I'm really not thrilled over that.

Despite getting scorned by Colts fans for going to enemy territory and getting dumped on by just about everyone for wearing Colts gear and having my Colts gear get stolen/hidden/crumpled...I have legitimately loved my time here. I've got memories that'll last me a lifetime and if I could do it all over again, I definitely would and not change my decision to come up here to New England.

What the hell is the point of this thread? Well, for one I think I'll soon be uttering the often used phrase of Bill Simmons that is "I ****ing miss college" and to give everyone here credit for the area here and the accommodation that I've received. I had high expectations when I decided I'd be coming here during my senior year of high school and they've been surpassed.

Cheers to everyone here. For anyone that's been to college, you all know what the end of exams entails. :party:

Congrats.

"Now get a job you bum."

(Believe me, you'll hear this about a hundred times between graduation and actually getting a job.)

Congrats.

"Now get a job you bum."

(Believe me, you'll hear this about a hundred times between graduation and actually getting a job.)

Heh, I've pretty much got grad school lined up in Minnyscold. I'll be sad to go (I'll miss NE much more than I ever missed FL, where I grew up).

Guess I'm going the Randy Moss route on this one. Though I'm not planning on going to Tennessee after only three weeks there. That would be rather odd.

Heh, I've pretty much got grad school lined up in Minnyscold. I'll be sad to go (I'll miss NE much more than I ever missed FL, where I grew up).

Guess I'm going the Randy Moss route on this one. Though I'm not planning on going to Tennessee after only three weeks there. That would be rather odd.

Nice. What are getting your Masters in?

/Still trying to think of good things to say about Minnesota. :poke:

I'm a History major here, gonna go with Social Studies Education. That will of course prompt many jokes as to me becoming a teacher, but oh well. Minnesota teachers with masters get treated relatively well, and I'd definitely be receptive to the idea of coming back east, where I understand that Mass teachers with Masters also get treated well.

And worry not, you're far from the only person that's at a loss for complimentary things to say about Minnesota. What can I say, it's where my heart is. I sorta always envisioned going to college in New England and then living in Minnesota. Most ambitions fade over time, but I figure if you've got the chance to do it, why not?

PhD programs are a great way to extend your university stay. Speaking from experience.:party:

3 words.

Mall. Of. America.

Other than that ummm yeah, Minnesota is great.:rolleyes:

Where in Minnesota will you be going to grad school? UM? Other?
Posted via Mobile Device

PhD programs are a great way to extend your university stay. Speaking from experience.:party:

I'm but a Masters candidate as well. Good on you to get a PhD though, in talking to some of my professors, I've realized the magnitude of the amount of work that they have to go through in order to get their PhD. Crazy.

3 words.

Mall. Of. America.

Other than that ummm yeah, Minnesota is great.:rolleyes:

Haha, I've been to Minnesota every other summer since 1990, I've gone to Mall of America a million times. Great fun for the whole family or just one. I was there in September by myself and I knocked out just about all of my Christmas shopping. In September. Only Mall of America...

Otherwise, there's other things I enjoy about Minnesota. I actually don't mind cold weather (I'm one of those masochists that's been hoping the weather outside would get colder!) and I love the summers in Minnesota where they're completely temperate.

Where in Minnesota will you be going to grad school? UM? Other?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I'm going to the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. I'm looking forward to it.

As for living there after grad school, not sure how familiar you are with Minnesota, but if I couldn't do the TC/Edina/Bloomington area, I'd probably prefer to do the Detroit Lakes/Pelican Rapids area up north.

Congrats, and, yeah, RI is pretty awesome. :cool:

Suck it, Connecticut. :jerkit:

Thank you sir, Rhode Island is a state that has become so endearing to me in ways that I never thought possible. It's like an entire state is somehow one big small town. No regrets on coming to this state for college.

Yeah, I'm going to the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. I'm looking forward to it.

As for living there after grad school, not sure how familiar you are with Minnesota, but if I couldn't do the TC/Edina/Bloomington area, I'd probably prefer to do the Detroit Lakes/Pelican Rapids area up north.

Iron Range is, to put it mildly, ball-shrinking cold! But on the plus side, you're just a short hop to Canadian beer!
Posted via Mobile Device

Iron Range is, to put it mildly, ball-shrinking cold! But on the plus side, you're just a short hop to Canadian beer!
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, it's technically on the more western side, closer to Fargo, but yeah, ball-shrinking cold is an appropriate description. The 10-day forecast is Detroit Lakes is, umm, extremely fvcking cold.

Haha, I've been to Minnesota every other summer since 1990, I've gone to Mall of America a million times. Great fun for the whole family or just one. I was there in September by myself and I knocked out just about all of my Christmas shopping. In September. Only Mall of America...

Otherwise, there's other things I enjoy about Minnesota. I actually don't mind cold weather (I'm one of those masochists that's been hoping the weather outside would get colder!) and I love the summers in Minnesota where they're completely temperate.
I'm the opposite. I hate the ****ing cold. Hate it. It makes me miserable.

I LOVE SoCal and am very intrigued by South Carolina, but other than that I can't imagine living anywhere else. It is pretty here ( but seriously enough with the leaf peepers already), if only this damn winter thing would just go away forever.

I have spent a fair amount of time in Milwaukee, Cleveland and Detroit. That convinced me there is not enough money on the world to live anywhere North or in the Midwest. I have always pictured Minnesota to be like those states.:shake:

Of course, I am still not entirely convinced that there are actual people who live in Montana, Wyoming or the Dakotas so I may not be the best person to ask.

Back