OrangeMane has ceased operations

Thanks UT and everyone who helps keep this little island of awesomeness on the internet afloat!
Honestly, I'd say shut the political forum down, and any attempts to make football related topics "political" gets removed/banned immediately.
I respect that people have opinions in that arena, but you can take that elsewhere. I'm pretty confident the interwebs has plenty of places to argue politics.

I'd hate to see this place go away, and clearly we used to have more posters (they virus issues kept me away for a while).
thanks again UT!

Thanks UT and everyone who helps keep this little island of awesomeness on the internet afloat!
Honestly, I'd say shut the political forum down, and any attempts to make football related topics "political" gets removed/banned immediately.
I respect that people have opinions in that arena, but you can take that elsewhere. I'm pretty confident the interwebs has plenty of places to argue politics.

I'd hate to see this place go away, and clearly we used to have more posters (they virus issues kept me away for a while).
thanks again UT!
Just get rid of all the lawyers.. :coffee:

I have often been reminded of the thoughts of one of our former members who was not philosophical or deep as a poster, but once commented
"I've found that trying to control the behavior of people on an message board is a very dicey bit of business" and, man, he got that right. It's a lot
of guesswork and more effort than people realize with 98% of the major issues coming repeatedly from the 2% of the membership who seem
unwilling or unable to modify their posting style to create fewer conflicts.

I think that UT, in particular, and all the other moderators (excluding myself) have done a fine job trying of keeping the members happy over the years. The Great Reboot was outstanding
just as we were drowning in pop-ups and starting to resemble your local market's toilet paper shelves in the Spring of 2019. This place was a dead website walking and UT brought it
back to life.

The Web has changed dramatically (for the worse) over the last 20 years but the Planet retains much of the feel from back in the day when we were bigger and the digital world was simpler, but I recognize that nothing is perfect and time marches on.

I have a great appreciation that this place is still here and still free, or rather, privately funded. I understand the role that politics plays in America and try to be balanced/reasonable during my
infrequent visits to the political forum, but if it ceased operation tomorrow I wouldn't care much. Politics is a black hole no matter how much time you spend chasing the truth.

I watched a series on Netflix called "American Vandal" (it is very clever) recently and at the end of season two they did a monologue that was really poignant and reminded me
of my experiences here. I could not locate the transcript, but the point made was something like:

"this generation" is the first to live two lives; one in the real world and the second a curated digital one.

I'm not even close to being of this generation, but hanging around here has given me a certain appreciation for having a second life and for all the pros and cons of having an online presence or persona.

UT (and others) have given me that and I appreciate it.

Last edited:
I was thinking this thread could be stickied, UT's thoughts and the rest of the comments are excellent and not sure everyone will be clicking this thread title.

Like it has already been said, I am grateful for all the work you do for us, especially the thankless aspect of it.

I rarely go into that forum. I tried a few times and thought, nope, I prefer my sanity.

I am very glad that it is separated but still around for people to yell and beat their chest as they comment and create threads.

You do so much for us.

#Appreciateyou

Last edited:
Back