OT: Election Results

Politicians in my book rank one level below lawyers on the bottom of the sea meter. (No offense to our current tenured counsel)

[thread hijack]
Reminds me. Friend of mine works for the DOR here dealing with business tax and such (yeah, effectively he's the taxman). Recently, he's been kinda dating a law student (grad, so she's not that much younger). When they first met and were talking, she paused and said "You know, you may be in the only profession that's hated more than mine."

Ouch
[/thread hikack]

Moebius on 11-08-2006 at 11:55 AM said:
Politicians in my book rank one level below lawyers on the bottom of the sea meter. (No offense to our current tenured counsel)

[thread hijack]
Reminds me. Friend of mine works for the DOR here dealing with business tax and such (yeah, effectively he's the taxman). Recently, he's been kinda dating a law student (grad, so she's not that much younger). When they first met and were talking, she paused and said "You know, you may be in the only profession that's hated more than mine."

Ouch
[/thread hikack]
I work for an insurance company, At the least I am number 3 on the list.

2006108rrsantorumconcedzm3.jpg

Not enough ROFL in the world.

jaric on 11-08-2006 at 10:57 AM said:
I work for an insurance company, At the least I am number 3 on the list.
The Aflac salesman just came through my office.

I need to be more careful. He almost convinced me that death and serious injury is lurking around every corner.

I'm kind of scared.

BY1401 on 11-08-2006 at 01:15 PM said:
The Aflac salesman just came through my office.

I need to be more careful. He almost convinced me that death and serious injury is lurking around every corner.

I'm kind of scared.

I'd be more worried about the duck. That thing scares the bezeesus out of me eeek

Nancy Pelosi is the DEVIL. She will burn the 2nd amendment and join Kofi Annan's crusade to rid america of it's guns. We are looking at a total gun ban just like Autralia where violent crime has now crossed over 400% from where it was when guns were legal.

Hide you guns. Report them stolen. Bury them somewhere.

The world wants American citizens disarmed and Pelosi will be leading the charge.

sonsofkraftybob on 11-08-2006 at 01:55 PM said:
Nancy Pelosi is the DEVIL. She will burn the 2nd amendment and join Kofi Annan's crusade to rid america of it's guns. We are looking at a total gun ban just like Autralia where violent crime has now crossed over 400% from where it was when guns were legal.

The world wants American citizens disarmed and Pelosi will be leading the charge.

:clap:

They'll have to pry my guns from my cold, dead fingers.....

cka203 on 11-08-2006 at 02:06 PM said:
:clap:

They'll have to pry my guns from my cold, dead fingers.....
WTF..???

let me take this opportunity to say cka........

Show Us Your Guns! :eek: :eek:

It is interesting that Bush was asking Democrats for a plan to get out of Iraq. How about not going there in the first place.

That is like asking for a plan to get out of driving under the influence after having too much to drink.

Dems with the House... Looks like they've got the Senate... Rumsfeld resigns... A female Speaker of the House...

Almost all is right with the world.

There is still, unfortunately, that child in the oval office for another two fricken years.

sonsofkraftybob on 11-08-2006 at 01:55 PM said:

Maybe because Texas alone has enough ammo to invade...and occupy, a small european nation?

Just kidding, my only thoughts on guns are that anyone who claims they need an assault rifle for "hunting" can never refer to it as "sport"

"Sport" is hunting something that can hunt you back. With a bow and arrow...or just a big knife.

jaric on 11-08-2006 at 02:32 PM said:
Maybe because Texas alone has enough ammo to invade...and occupy, a small european nation?

Just kidding, my only thoughts on guns are that anyone who claims they need an assault rifle for "hunting" can never refer to it as "sport"

"Sport" is hunting something that can hunt you back. With a bow and arrow...or just a big knife.

"If they outlaw guns, the only people who'll have guns will be outlaws".

Somebody smart said that once.

cka203 on 11-08-2006 at 02:39 PM said:
"If they outlaw guns, the only people who'll have guns will be outlaws".

Somebody smart said that once.

insert witty qoute

Yeah, I got nothing :crying:

I can actually play devils advocate for both sides if I was inclined to (I am not) but I don't think they are taking away our guns anytime soon.

I still stand by my previous statement though, if you need an M-16 to take down a rabbit, its time to re-evaluate yourself as a "hunter."

jaric on 11-08-2006 at 02:46 PM said:
insert witty qoute

Yeah, I got nothing :crying:

I can actually play devils advocate for both sides if I was inclined to (I am not) but I don't think they are taking away our guns anytime soon.

I still stand by my previous statement though, if you need an M-16 to take down a rabbit, its time to re-evaluate yourself as a "hunter."

I do agree on the assault rifle analogy.

I see no logical, lawful reason why anyone should need a weapon like that for hunting or protection.

I just feel we have the right to bear arms, for hunting, protection, or sport.

That's my only point.

cka203 on 11-08-2006 at 02:51 PM said:
I do agree on the assault rifle analogy.

I see no logical, lawful reason why anyone should need a weapon like that for hunting or protection.

I just feel we have the right to bear arms, for hunting, protection, or sport.

That's my only point.

I don't hunt. But I have an assault rifle. Why? Cuz the Constitution says I can. Why is that so hard for people to understand???? Bush let the Clinton Assault Weapon Ban fade away and now it will fade back.

The reason the "framers" wanted a armed populace is to protect people from Tyrannical Govt.

If the people can only have Bolt action rifles and shotguns....what good does that do against an outlaw Govt. wielding automatics?

It is clearly against the "framers" intentions.

great article on what to come now...
http://www.nrapublications.org/standing guard/Index.asp

sonsofkraftybob on 11-08-2006 at 03:15 PM said:
I don't hunt. But I have an assault rifle. Why? Cuz the Constitution says I can. Why is that so hard for people to understand???? Bush let the Clinton Assault Weapon Ban fade away and now it will fade back.

The reason the "framers" wanted a armed populace is to protect people from Tyrannical Govt.

If the people can only have Bolt action rifles and shotguns....what good does that do against an outlaw Govt. wielding automatics?

It is clearly against the "framers" intentions.

great article on what to come now...
http://www.nrapublications.org/standing guard/Index.asp

Don't misunderstand me - I didn't say owning an assault rifle was wrong. I said I didn't see the need for one for hunting or protection.

I think, like most things, it comes down to personal accountability (which we have far too less of these days). A guy can own a submachine gun, for all I care, but I don't expect him to go use it hunting animals or shooting school children.

If he wants to take it somewhere for fun, target practice, or whatever - I got no problem with that.

I like guns. I think they're fun. But I respect them, too.

Heck, I even sit on my front porch and shoot at the friggin' sparrows with a BB gun!
:D

(damn things are pissing me off, eating all my birdseed, taking over my martin and bluebird houses, over running the "good" birds).

Hubby calls me Annie Oakley! :D

Back