OT: Mike Lowell signs with the Sox

seebach_loop.gif

I have to admit that aside from being happy that a great player is coming back to the Sox and I don't have to politely welcome him back to Fenway as a visiting player (like Nixon, Millar, Roberts and the rest), one of the really nice things about this is that he didn't go the Judas Damon route.

I freely admit that seeing Lowell in a MFY uni would have slayed me. I'm over Damon -- largely because he's just OK now and Ellsbury gives me full wood -- but that sucked for the first season, and it sucked big.

To all major contributors to the Sox and Pats: Just don't do it. No signing with the Yankees, Colts or Jets. Not ever. It kills fans like me, even though I get all the rational arguments that some people make. I'm sick of hating Adam Vinatieri, and make no mistake, I do hate him. And I hate that I do. So no more of that, and be like Mike and Curt.

You should hate the sin and not the sinner. Hate that damon signed with the Yankmees, but don't hate Damon. Hate that Vinatiera sold his soul to the Colts, but don't hate him.

The slimmy bastids...

nah, i hate damon. he swore up and down that he didn't want to join the spankees, but went ahead and did it.

Yeah, I can't separate the sin and the sinner. If it was a loved one, I could. But Johnny Damon is the one who went to the Yankees when he said he would not do that, and Johnny Damon is the one who pals it up with guys like Jeter and Alice, and Johnny Damon is the one who gets into the box and tries to beat the Red Sox.

Similarly, Adam Vinatieri is the jackass who said that beating the Pats in the AFC Championship game was one of his greatest moments as an athlete.

My point is that the hate the sin point might be easeir to deal with if the sin was a one time thing with no future consequences. But just seeing those guys in those uniforms makes me vomit. The fact that whenever I watch old DVDs a little bit of the enjoyment has been diminished when I see Judas as a Red Sox in game 7 is enough, by itself, to really hate Damon and not just his decision.

I like the re-signings of both Schilling and Lowell.

And they can still get rid of Coco to make room for Jacoby, possibly packing Coco up with some other pitchers (e.g. Lester and Buchholz) to get a #2/#3 starter. Or they can keep the young guys and keep developing them.

With Beckett shining, and Daisuke moving into his second year, and Schilling still gutting it out, and the ageless Wakefield tossing that knuckler... things look good for next season. :thumb:

You heard it here first, fellas.

The Sox are going to get Santana. And it isn't going to cost them Jacoby or Buchholz.

No inside scoop, just a strong case of intuition.

If I'm wrong, you can giggle if you so choose. But when I'm right, all the props go to me, please.

DarrylStingley on 11-21-2007 at 09:50 AM said:
You heard it here first, fellas.

The Sox are going to get Santana. And it isn't going to cost them Jacoby or Buchholz.

No inside scoop, just a strong case of intuition.

If I'm wrong, you can giggle if you so choose. But when I'm right, all the props go to me, please.

Buchholz would have to be in a deal for Santana. I agree on Ellsbury. Buchholz and Coco (Hunter is leaving via FA) and a low A prospect would likely get it done contingent on the Sox signing Santana to a long-term deal.

Fwiw: If they get Santana, it would be the same as the Pats getting Moss. Unreal overkill.

EasyBigFella* on 11-21-2007 at 10:27 AM said:
Buchholz would have to be in a deal for Santana. I agree on Ellsbury. Buchholz and Coco (Hunter is leaving via FA) and a low A prospect would likely get it done contingent on the Sox signing Santana to a long-term deal.

Fwiw: If they get Santana, it would be the same as the Pats getting Moss. Unreal overkill.
Nope. They are not trading Buchholz. Or Jacoby. I promise you this.

Lester, Crisp, Lowrie, Masterson, Anderson, Bowden....anyone else. It wont be all of them, but it will be a group of them.

Buchholz and Jacoby are off limits.

This trade is going to happen and you are going to remember what I said.

I have never been this confident about a trade in my life.

DarrylStingley on 11-21-2007 at 10:35 AM said:
Nope. They are not trading Buchholz. Or Jacoby. I promise you this.

Lester, Crisp, Lowrie, Masterson, Anderson, Bowden....anyone else. It wont be all of them, but it will be a group of them.

Buchholz and Jacoby are off limits.

This trade is going to happen and you are going to remember what I said.

I have never been this confident about a trade in my life.

Jacoby is THE future mainstay in Boston's outfield IMO..

3EFINRINGS on 11-21-2007 at 12:17 PM said:
Jacoby is THE future mainstay in Boston's outfield IMO..
He'll be out in CF for a long time. And Buccholz is a potential ace. And both are cost controlled for years to come.

Young Theo isn't trading either one.

hahahahahahahaha

No GayRod for the Red Sox!!!

Eat your heart out Yankee fans....you all say you hate a-rod, because he sucks so bad in the postseason

He's Yours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Lowell.....a winner, classy, great third baseman

It's a red-letter day for Red Sox Nation!!!!

Yeah, and Ellsbury's not going anywhere. Except center field for the Red Sox, on base for the Red Sox, knocking in runs for the Red Sox, stealing bases for the Red Sox.....a gold nugget, and Only On the Red Sox!

Back