OT: Newspaper jammed in snowblower.

RhodyPatsFan

there's no end to my limitations
Reaction score
Ok, so I did a really estupido thing yesterday morning and got the Sunday Projo jammed in the snowblower.

I could really use some bonafied ideas as to how to get it out of there. And no I'm not going to light the paper on fire and get a Darwin award.

So when you all stop laughing at me (God knows I deserve it), I could really use some ideas.

Ok, so I did a really estupido thing yesterday morning and got the Sunday Projo jammed in the snowblower.

I could really use some bonafied ideas as to how to get it out of there. And no I'm not going to light the paper on fire and get a Darwin award.

So when you all stop laughing at me (God knows I deserve it), I could really use some ideas.

How the heck did you do that? :shrug:

FWIW, I'd light it on fire. :)

Do you have a friend with a penis lengthening device, a fishy smell, and a g/f with cheeseburger-ass? They can probably help.

If not, I second the idea of lighting it on fire (assuming it's stuck in the metal area and you have no electronics/wires to melt in the process).

First soak it in Gas so you can have a thorough burn,but be sure to take some lighter fluid and run a 20 foot fuse and light it so that way you can be sure not to be a victim of my stupid Idea...

Any mechanical aptitude? If so, you may be able to remove the belts from the auger, which should allow you to spin the auger backwards to get the paper out of what I assume to be the "second stage" of the blower.

If not mechanically inclined, drain the gas from the snowblower first, run the gas out of the carb and put a torch on it (I would recommend outside of the house/garage.)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9zwn134_KDk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9zwn134_KDk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Shove one of these down the shoot and run...

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

DO NOT PUT YOUR HAND INTO THE MACHINE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CALLED LEFTY

just ask Joe Sakic about sticking your hand into it

you could try a broom handle or something but run it out of gas as stated. remember the tension is still there so it could spin one released.

I caught a electric cord a couple years ago (christmas Lights) and took the freaking thing apart to dislodge it

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

DO NOT PUT YOUR HAND INTO THE MACHINE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CALLED LEFTY

just ask Joe Sakic about sticking your hand into it

you could try a broom handle or something but run it out of gas as stated. remember the tension is still there so it could spin one released.

I caught a electric cord a couple years ago (christmas Lights) and took the freaking thing apart to dislodge it
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZxAHx95-oM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZxAHx95-oM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sJNnkwzFxf8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sJNnkwzFxf8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Is it in a position where you could soak it with enough water (obviously somewhere where the temp is above freezing) to soften it up enough that the auger could finish chewing it?

Is it in a position where you could soak it with enough water (obviously somewhere where the temp is above freezing) to soften it up enough that the auger could finish chewing it?
he could ask PP for his urinating little dude

man thast just sounds wrong doesn't it

How old is it?

Buy a new one if old. Easy. That's what I'd do since I have zero mechanical aptitude.
:shake: Why would you throw away a perfectly good snow throwing contraption... (Don't tell me to go eat a ham again...LOL)

That's probably what I'm going to end up doing. Soak the paper and hack away with a saw.

HA HA! That happened to me a couple of years ago. Took me an hour to get out. Combo of digging, burning, and words I haven't used since I was in the Army.

Good luck. BTW we got 16 inches.

we got about 7 or 8 on sat into sunday with about 6 more last night and my snow blower needs work - I ripped the chord out, and I think I froze a line but my spine is crooked (even moreso with all the shoveling) so I have not lifted it up and brought to work to leave in the garage over night

we also lost power yesterday for about 4 hours, playing kids monopoly by candle light with the kids is a blast - my boy looks at me and asks "can we play Wii?" I stare at him look at teh light switch and he starts laughing, at least he was joking or I would have to tell him to smarten up

Back