OT: The sight to see in your town?

In Muncie, it's easily the famous Ball Jar Museum!

For those of you with twisted minds and don't know what a Ball Jar is, it is one of those canning jars for preserving fruit and vegtables. Muncie is the home of the Ball Jars and there is a museum here with every shape and size jar.

Muncie is also the home of Ball State university. My favorite t-shirt they sell reads....

I'd rather Ball U than IU!

Eaglebrook Saloon, Norfolk, MA. Good stop for before or after a Pats game. :thumb:

Lots and lots of good beers. Pizza good, rest of the food - not so good.

FU TOM on 04-02-2007 at 12:54 PM said:
Eaglebrook Saloon, Norfolk, MA. Good stop for before or after a Pats game. :thumb:

Lots and lots of good beers. Pizza good, rest of the food - not so good.
was that joint owned by Russ Francis at one time, or maybe a different Pats player.

I seem to recall my brothers travelling all the way there because of this when I was a bit to young to go with them

grogsox on 04-02-2007 at 11:55 AM said:
In Muncie, it's easily the famous Ball Jar Museum!

For those of you with twisted minds and don't know what a Ball Jar is, it is one of those canning jars for preserving fruit and vegtables. Muncie is the home of the Ball Jars and there is a museum here with every shape and size jar.

Muncie is also the home of Ball State university. My favorite t-shirt they sell reads....

I'd rather Ball U than IU!

My favorite Muncie landmark is the Heorot. :thumb:

The best thing about Lawrence, MA: Lawton's Famous Frankfurts

lawtons1.jpg

I've never had a better dog.

1136481343_7216.jpg

While my little town can't compete with Vegas or even Indy, we do have the Tom Thumb museum. I wouldn't go too far out of my way to see it. Actually, I've been here for 11 years and don't even know where it is, but it's here (Middleboro MA) somewhere.

Another roadside attraction, check out his wife Lavinia Bump. Them are some ugly little people.

Damn Hawg, we're neighbors. We have been in our house 10 years this past March.
We have the Central Cafe too, no matter what anyone says if the right cook is on shift they have the Best Pizza EVER.
Mashed Potato and Bacon Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

babalu87 on 04-02-2007 at 02:07 PM said:
We have the Central Cafe too, no matter what anyone says if the right cook is on shift they have the Best Pizza EVER.
while I am a weekend warrior to the town for the summer months bringing it's credibility down

mikiemo83 on 04-02-2007 at 02:09 PM said:
while I am a weekend warrior to the town for the summer months bringing it's credibility down

KOA?

My town, Londonderry, has several apple orchards. The best known is Moose Hill Orchards, aka, Mack's Apples. The Mack family has owned and operated their orchard since 1725 and were one of the orginal charter families in this area. Along with dozens of varieties of apples Mack also grows strawberries, blueberries and pumpkins. The general store has a museum of apple history. OK, it's not the Smithsonian but it does attract hundreds of people from all over New England in the fall when the harvest is in. Mack grows one of my favorite apples called the Mutsu (Crispin). It has a yellow skin, creamy white inside and has a very sweet, pear-like taste to it. They are known as gourmet eating apples and deservingly so. The General Store has a tasting table set up with the different varieties of apples you can sample. I usually wolf down a couple dollars worth of Mutsus before getting chased away.

Mikie - yes, All-World and a couple of other players had ownership interest in the Eaglebrook. I think Dr. Bill may have been one.

From what I've heard it was a prettty crazy place to hang out in the 70's.

It has now become more of a family hangout with folks coming from Fore Kicks down the street.

babalu87 on 04-02-2007 at 02:07 PM said:

Mashed potato and bacon? I don't care what anyone says. Potatoes and bacon and cheese (cheddar and blue) make a perfect pizza!

I'm not from Munising, Michigan but I spend a lot of time there (my in-laws own a cabin on one of the small lakes off of Lake Superior.) Anyway, the Pictured Rocks of Lake Superior are unbelievable. We take a boat out every time we are there and go by them. There are several spots on the roads around Superior that give you a good view, as well.

patfan64 on 04-02-2007 at 07:43 PM said:
I'm not from Munising, Michigan but I spend a lot of time there (my in-laws own a cabin on one of the small lakes off of Lake Superior.) Anyway, the Pictured Rocks of Lake Superior are unbelievable. We take a boat out every time we are there and go by them. There are several spots on the roads around Superior that give you a good view, as well.

Sorry, meant to include the picture.

nothing interesting in my city but three hours from here you can see the Smokey Mountains.

417f4770.jpg

Back