OT: Tragic..Suicide on the web

ron1625

Reaction score
Teen Commits Suicide Live On Web

A teenager in Florida has apparently committed suicide live on the internet, egged on by people watching.

1892488927-teen-commits-suicide-live-web.jpg

Abraham K Biggs, from Broward County, took an overdose of pills while broadcasting himself on Justin.tv, a live video streaming website.
The 19-year-old used the site to stream footage from a webcam in his bedroom, after telling users he would be committing suicide and inviting them to watch live.
He posted a suicide note in which he said he had hurt other people and hated himself for being a failure.
The teenager then took several pills before lying on the bed with his back to the camera.
Forum members reportedly continued to insult him, believing his actions were staged.
As the film rolled, viewers eventually managed to contact the local police who broke down the door, found the boy's body and turned off the camera.
Biggs's death has been confirmed by the Broward County medical examiner, according to Fox News.

Teen Commits Suicide Live On Web

A teenager in Florida has apparently committed suicide live on the internet, egged on by people watching.

1892488927-teen-commits-suicide-live-web.jpg

Abraham K Biggs, from Broward County, took an overdose of pills while broadcasting himself on Justin.tv, a live video streaming website.
The 19-year-old used the site to stream footage from a webcam in his bedroom, after telling users he would be committing suicide and inviting them to watch live.
He posted a suicide note in which he said he had hurt other people and hated himself for being a failure.
The teenager then took several pills before lying on the bed with his back to the camera.
Forum members reportedly continued to insult him, believing his actions were staged.
As the film rolled, viewers eventually managed to contact the local police who broke down the door, found the boy's body and turned off the camera.
Biggs's death has been confirmed by the Broward County medical examiner, according to Fox News.
Gee I wonder what he did so bad to kill himself.. If he hurt a child or killed somebody then good,but if it was shoplifting that would be horrid...

Wasn't there something like this on CSI once?

So, so sad. I feel for his family. :(

Wasn't there something like this on CSI once?

So, so sad. I feel for his family. :(

There have been a few cases of online suicides. I think the one that got the most media attention was Brendan Vedas (I think that was his name). Kid ate too many prescription meds mixed with mushrooms to impress people he was chatting with.
They didn't notify authorities for few of being implicated in illegal narcotics investigations.

Suicide is no laughing matter. The man reached out to his friends for help even though his "friends" were online personalities. Shame on the people who egged him on and the people who raised them, too. They are the definition of what is wrong with our society.

Gee I wonder what he did so bad to kill himself.. If he hurt a child or killed somebody then good,but if it was shoplifting that would be horrid...

wtf

and the site was the bodybuilding forum

This pretty much shows how everything went down. Pretty unbelievable...

372349055_11202008_1.jpg

Thanks for shareing this Titan126, just goes to show how vulnerable people can be, it appears the lad was Bi-polar so no doubt mixed up inside. This was totally senseless and the fact the members of that particular forum just made fun and did nothing to prevent this saddens me. I dont know how his parents will react to all of this, as a parent I can only hope they come to terms with this tragedy, he says in his note that he's a failure, at that young age can you make that judgement?

I would like to think a forum can be used more as a support network, this board has lots of drama and at times gets a bit crazy but after all is said and done if someone posts a genuine plea I think members of this board would rally round and offer a degree of support...so sad

I read that thread yesterday. Periodically, people send me links from that board because some of the funniest message board threads I've ever seen have come from that site.

I don't endorse anyone's behavior on the topic of the suicide thread, but the culture of that board is nothing short of ridiculous joking and pranking. So I am not surprised some people did not bite at the notion it was serious.

Terrible incident though.

I read that thread yesterday. Periodically, people send me links from that board because some of the funniest message board threads I've ever seen have come from that site.

I don't endorse anyone's behavior on the topic of the suicide thread, but the culture of that board is nothing short of ridiculous joking and pranking. So I am not surprised some people did not bite at the notion it was serious.

Terrible incident though.

Yeah, reading that stuff makes it sound like he would pull this "I wanna kill myself" thing every month or so... no wonder they thought it was just another prank. Especially on a board that seems to have a lot of pranking going on. Then the shit turned real. Cried "WOLF!" one too many times, I guess... eeek

Too bad about the kid though. Whatever was going on in his life didn't seem to be so bad as to want to do this... Must have had some serious emotional issues... :(

Too bad about the kid though. Whatever was going on in his life didn't seem to be so bad as to want to do this... Must have had some serious emotional issues... :(

Judging by the meds he od'd on it sounds like he was under a doctors care for emotional problems.

It's just sad, the kid was only 19. :sulk:

Back