OT: Whats for dinner tonight

Nothing tonight!

But I made a pork cassoulet spinkled with Parmesean cheese bread crumbs ( no allergic) with homemade biscuits Tuesday. And a dark green salad/orange slices with extra virgin olive oil and Japanese rice vinegar. Only I didn't see that it said 10 servings when it was for 2 people ( one a kid). So there's lots of leftovers

Nothing tonight!

But I made a pork cassoulet spinkled with Parmesean cheese bread crumbs ( no allergic) with homemade biscuits Tuesday. And a dark green salad/orange slices with extra virgin olive oil and Japanese rice vinegar. Only I didn't see that it said 10 servings when it was for 2 people ( one a kid). So there's lots of leftovers

What does the Japanese rice vinegar taste like?
That sounds fantastic

Nothing tonight!

Was it good? It sounds it :)

Nothing tonight!

UMM 2 pounds of pork that seems like alot for 2 people oh well here goes...

Thats OK BradyLady, thats something I'd do also..:toast:

What does the Japanese rice vinegar taste like?
That sounds fantastic

Well I buy Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar with is sweet...it goes terrif with olive oil and just that on field greens, romaine or spinach with juicy orange slices. Very different and delicious beyond belief. Sometimes I add roasted sunflower seeds.

It's like a slight sweet/sour taste.

Homemade toasted Italian subs.

Too hot to cook but we're trying to tighten the belt a bit so we're doing the next best thing to getting take-out. Making our own take-out.

Well I buy Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar with is sweet...it goes terrif with olive oil and just that on field greens, romaine or spinach with juicy orange slices. Very different and delicious beyond belief. Sometimes I add roasted sunflower seeds.

It's like a slight sweet/sour taste.

I am not suppose to use vinegar but sometimes I can get away with it so hence the question
That surely sounds fantastic :)

Well, this is going to be an on-going post. JD is hard think of different things for..

UMM 2 pounds of pork that seems like alot for 2 people oh well here goes...

Thats OK BradyLady, thats something I'd do also..:toast:

Well it's a lot of white northern beans too. Maybe there's a way to make it without pork...the other white meat. It called for some turkey sausage too. 2 lbs of whiote northern beans, sliced tomatoes, tomato paste, white wine, thyme, garlic, carrots, onions, celery and topped with sliced red peppers. It was awesome.

I never made it before or ever had cassoulet. It was in a Cooking Light 3 Special Cookbook edition mag I bought a while ago. I've made a lot of things from that one issue and my kid has loved all of it with only one dish being so so.

Sizzling salmon on spinach salad with soy vinaigrette ( Postively Awesome!)

Vietnamese Chicken noodle soup

Green and Yellow Green Bean Salad with chunky tomato and feta cheese
in an olive oil sherry vinaigrette with fresh basil. ( Delicious!)

Chicken, spinach, brie and roasted tomatoes in balsamic vinegear sandwich with Dijon garlic mayonaise ( out of this world....she even called from school about it.

Grilled Tomato ( with Turkey or ham) and Muenster sandwich with sour cream/onion, thyme and Dijon mustard)

Cinnamon Beef Noodles with spinach and sake.

Carrot Ginger Soup ( last week) (so..so...didn't like the honey in it too sweet)

Next is going to be spicy cucumber salad with peanuts
and chicken spinach strudel ( in phyllo dough)

LW, thank you for opening this thread. The users are giving us some great suggestions indeed

Oh cool , I found a pic over at Cooking Light on the cassoulet. If anyone also wants the recipe it's here as well. A French classic gets a healthy makeover.

0109p140a_m.jpg

Back