OT: Whats for dinner tonight

Chicken, spinach, brie and roasted tomatoes in balsamic vinegear sandwich with Dijon garlic mayonaise ( out of this world....she even called from school about it.

Next is going to be spicy cucumber salad with peanuts
and chicken spinach strudel ( in phyllo dough)

Can I have the recipe for this one? And how do you eat phyllo dough????

Oh cool , I found a pic over at Cooking Light on the cassoulet. If anyone also wants the recipe it's here as well. A French classic gets a healthy makeover.

0109p140a_m.jpg

Where is the recipe?

You have GOT to try this sandwich....it is amazing. Take out the chicken if you don't eat meat. But the combination of roasted cherry tomatoes with thyme and balsamic vinegar is with spinach in olive oil/balsamic vinegar and mayo with Dijon and garlic is UNBELIEVABLE.

My kid LOVES it.

I did it in a whole grain wrap and tried with muenster cheese too.

chicken-brie-ck-226532-l.jpg

Thank you.:kisss: Even if it is sarcasm day.

Holy Cow!

I just realized it's still today. This has been a very long week.

Oh, and I thought that last post might have elicited a bookie reaction. I must be losing my touch.

Holy Cow!

I just realized it's still today. This has been a very long week.

Oh, and I thought that last post might have elicited a bookie reaction. I must be losing my touch.

You had me for a minute....I thought I missed a bookie and I never miss a bookie!:kisss:

LurkingWife, all I can say is you must be a Saint to have to put up with this finicky eating Itralian stump of a man of yours --- gawd knows I'd never marry one :shake:

here's RG's Everything-But-The-Kitchen-Sink-Salad Bowl Dinner Meal

1 large bowl (usually his mega pasta dish) and add in layers the following

Iceberg lettuce/Fresh Spinach or other greens as base

1/4 can Garbanzo or Black Beans

3 large slices Vidalia Onion (diced)

4/5 teaspoon-dollops of Re-fried beans (canned)

Diced fresh Tomatoes

Fresh Mushroom slices (1/2d/1/4d by hand)

1 can Tuna Fish/Salmon (drained and forked into the bowl)

Shredded Cheese (bagged) or other cheese of choice on top -- it don't matter sometimes I mix whatever shit we have leftover

Liquid salad dressing/oil/vinegar of choice -- it don't matter sometimes I mix whatever shit we have leftover

if he gives you any shit about this suggestion tell him to eat a bag then :thumb:

edit: almost forgot.....add salsa somewhere in as a layer, with any kind of luck you'll be rich soon if he kept up the life insurance premiums :D

LurkingWife, all I can say is you must be a Saint to have to put up with this finicky eating Itralian stump of a man of yours --- gawd knows I'd never marry one :shake:

here's RG's Everything-But-The-Kitchen-Sink-Salad Bowl Dinner Meal

1 large bowl (usually his mega pasta dish) and add in layers the following

Iceberg lettuce/Fresh Spinach or other greens as base

1/4 can Garbanzo or Black Beans

3 large slices Vidalia Onion (diced)

4/5 teaspoon-dollops of Re-fried beans (canned)

Diced fresh Tomatoes

Fresh Mushroom slices (1/2d/1/4d by hand)

1 can Tuna Fish/Salmon (drained and forked into the bowl)

Shredded Cheese (bagged) or other cheese of choice on top -- it don't matter sometimes I mix whatever shit we have leftover

Liquid salad dressing/oil/vinegar of choice -- it don't matter sometimes I mix whatever shit we have leftover

if he gives you any shit about this suggestion tell him to eat a bag then :thumb:

edit: almost forgot.....add salsa somewhere in as a layer, with any kind of luck you'll be rich soon if he kept up the life insurance premiums :D
Sounds a lot like my garbage soup! :p

Lurking wife, since you have a vegetarian paesano husband you both might like my lentil escarole soup. It's a quick make too:

1 tbl olive oil, 1 onion, 1 rib celery, 1 carrot, 1 clove garlic or more to taste
( I use 4), 2 large tomatoes peeled and chopped, 1/14 cup lentils, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste/ Later add near the end, 1 large head of escarole and sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.

In large pot heat oil over med heat. Add onion, celery and carrots. Cook stirring frequently until veggies are soft 8- 10 mins. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 min, add tomatoes and reduce hat to low and cook 5 minutes more stirring often. Add lentils and 6 cups cold water to pot. Bring to simmer and cook partially covered for 45 mins or until lentils soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Cut crosswise the escarole into strips. Put in soup and simmer 10 more minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.

Tastes good without the tomatoes too.

Sounds a lot like my garbage soup! :p
since I am drinking, I forgot to add to the original recipe leftover steamed peas/Brussel sprouts and a 1/4 can of Green Giant Corn and raisins as additional layers :thumb:

maybe another beer will make me remember something else :spock:

WOW, there are a ton of things now. We ended up having egg salad sandwich with bacon for me. HE tried to make soft boiled egg sandwiches but ended up medium/hard boiling them. I was going to make scrambled eggs, but changed my mind on the way home.

I have an awesome MAC n CHEESE recipe from Paula Deen.

For dessert:
Peanut Butter/Jelly bars complements of Barefoot Contessa. Never made them before but she's got some really good stuff.

:wave: +1 Rep to BY for tonights winning dinner idea. It wasn't eggs and waffles like he suggested but it was in the right category.

But don't worry folks, ALL the ideas are in the data bank, and they will be used..

Back