Ot: Woman accused of groping Santa in Connecticut

KenJr30

Reaction score
MSNBC.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woman accused of groping Santa

Sexual assault allegedly occurred on his lap at Connecticut mall
The Associated Press
updated 5:01 p.m. ET, Tues., Dec. 18, 2007

DANBURY, Conn. - Santa Claus says that a woman who sat on his lap was naughty, not nice. A Santa at the Danbury Fair mall said the woman groped him.

"The security officer at the mall said Santa Claus has been sexually assaulted," police Detective Lt. Thomas Michael said of the complaint.

Sandrama Lamy, 33, of Danbury, was charged with sexual assault and breach of peace in the weekend incident. She was released on a promise to appear in court on Jan. 3.

Police quickly found and identified Lamy because the woman was described as being on crutches, said Capt. Bob Myles.

A call seeking comment from Lamy was answered by a recording Tuesday morning. A woman later called back and said: "It's a false report and I don't have any idea."

Police did not give the name of the disconcerted Santa, but they said he is 65 and felt badly because children were waiting to see him. "He was apparently shocked and embarrassed by the whole incident," Myles said.

A man who teaches hundreds of prospective Santas a year — "Santa Tim" Connaghan, president of RealSantas.com — said he's never heard of a similar incident, though it's not unusual for adults to want to pose with Santa.

"I've had some very nice ladies sit on my lap," said Connaghan, who did not train the Danbury Fair Santa. "Once in a while they'll say 'I hope Mrs. Claus isn't going to be upset.' You have to be discreet and kind and say 'Oh no, she'll be OK. You can sit here, but only for one photo.'"

A spokeswoman for Cherry Hill Photo, the company that coordinates Santas for Danbury Fair, declined to comment Tuesday.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22315962/?gt1=10645

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSN Privacy . Legal
© 2007 MSNBC.com

She was just trying to see what was in Santa's bag.

(Thanks to Kristi Lee for that one.)

What a weird story. I need the sordid details, but the fact that she was on crutches was a bonus fact.

I heard on the radio this morning that this was a "4th degree" sexual asault, which made me wonder what the other degrees are.

For instance, could I possibly get busted for 5th degree for staring at a woman's chest during stiff-nipple season?

"Honest, Judge.....her nipples were staring at my eyes."

What we need are pics of the alleged assailant. There may be a good reason why Santa was offended. ;)

§ 53a-73a. Sexual assault in the fourth degree: Class A misdemeanor

(a) A person is guilty of sexual assault in the fourth degree when: (1) Such person intentionally subjects another person to sexual contact who is (A) under fifteen years of age, or (B) mentally defective or mentally incapacitated to the extent that he is unable to consent to such sexual contact, or (C) physically helpless, or (D) less than eighteen years old and the actor is such person's guardian or otherwise responsible for the general supervision of such person's welfare, or (E) in custody of law or detained in a hospital or other institution and the actor has supervisory or disciplinary authority over such otherperson; or (2) such person subjects another person to sexual contact without such other person's consent; or (3) such person engages in sexual contact with an animal or dead body; or (4) such person is a psychotherapist and subjects another person to sexual contact who is (A) a patient of the actor and the sexual contact occurs during the psychotherapy session, or (B) a patient or former patient of the actor and such patient or former patient is emotionally dependent upon the actor, or (C) a patient or former patient of the actor and the sexual contact occurs by means of therapeutic deception; or (5) such person subjects another person to sexual contact and accomplishes the sexual contact by means of false representation that the sexual contact is for a bona fide medical purpose by a health care professional; or (6) such person is a school employee and subjects another person to sexual contact who is a student enrolled in a school in which the actor works or a school under the jurisdiction of the local or regional board of education which employs the actor.

(b) Sexual assault in the fourth degree is a class A misdemeanor.

http://www.smith-lawfirm.com/criminal_penal_statutes.html

bideau* on 12-19-2007 at 08:35 AM said:
What we need are pics of the alleged assailant. There may be a good reason why Santa was offended. ;)
rosie-oterror.jpg

(2) such person subjects another person to sexual contact without such other person's consent;

We might have to get SOKB involved here, because I don't think the girl is guility of anything except conceivably the above.

I think Santa was asking for it and possibly got wood when the young lady sat in his lap. The poor girl was apparently confused and was just checking to see if she was sitting on his sled keys or maybe the cudgel he uses to beat slacker elves.

INNOCENT!!! FREE SANDRAMA!!!

Cool name. Do you think her friends call her "drama"?

she was reaching for a Candy Cane and grabbed the wrong package, an honest mistake because the package she accidentally grab was sticky - defense rest

*mikiemo83 on 12-19-2007 at 08:50 AM said:
she was reaching for a Candy Cane and grabbed the wrong package, an honest mistake because the package she accidentally grab was sticky - defense rest

Then she was in the right spot at the wrong time because everybody knows Santa only comes once a year.

Hawg73 on 12-19-2007 at 08:55 AM said:
Then she was in the right spot at the wrong time because everybody knows Santa only comes once a year.
true but she thought it was stuck to the bag and repeated pulled on it trying to set it free

when much to her wondering eyes did appear; but a short little burst, premature Santa swears

and he may come once a year but it is down every chimney in town- that must get exhausting

PlayMaker on 12-19-2007 at 08:59 AM said:
The dude is 65. What's he complaining about?

That's the magic question.

I've played Santa a couple of times and can tell you that while the kids are number one, the Jolly elf suit seems to have some pull with the ladies.

No pun intended.

Quick story:

I'm playing Santa at the office. Everyone brought their kids in and I had a great suit, but was not nearly fat enough to be convincing, so had a pillow underneath my shirt.

So, I'm standing up and holding court for the little ones doing reindeer name quizzes or something before the presents ceremony and one of my alert female elves grabbed the back of my pants just as they started sliding towards my ankles from the GD pillow.

Just in the St. Nick of time.

THAT was very nearly a Christmas disaster of unprecedented proportions and I owe that elf a debt of gratitude both for her quick hands and the little tongue she slipped me after the party was over and I was out of sight of the cherubs.

PlayMaker on 12-19-2007 at 07:59 AM said:
The dude is 65. What's he complaining about?

Seems pretty obvious what this case is all about.

Chicky hops on Santa's lap and goes for a wee bit of gropage. Santa, a 65 year old suddenly feels notices his candy cane, which has been lacking somewhat of late has rejuvinated a bit and is thrilled. However, this presents a small challenge. When the next small boy or girl in line hops into Santa's lap, not only is he facing some potential pain, depending on the intellect of the child in question, he's facing much, much worse. I can see the Sexual Predator Clause reports now. So, thinking quickly, our poor stiff Santa had only one choice, which was to report the incident to save his own a$$.

Moebius on 12-19-2007 at 09:24 AM said:
Seems pretty obvious what this case is all about.

Chicky hops on Santa's lap and goes for a wee bit of gropage. Santa, a 65 year old suddenly feels notices his candy cane, which has been lacking somewhat of late has rejuvinated a bit and is thrilled. However, this presents a small challenge. When the next small boy or girl in line hops into Santa's lap, not only is he facing some potential pain, depending on the intellect of the child in question, he's facing much, much worse. I can see the Sexual Predator Clause reports now. So, thinking quickly, our poor stiff Santa had only one choice, which was to report the incident to save his own a$$.

Ahhh. You my friend are very intelligent. I guess when a girl is groping me I don't really think ahead too much. :D

PlayMaker on 12-19-2007 at 08:26 AM said:
Ahhh. You my friend are very intelligent. I guess when a girl is groping me I don't really think ahead too much. :D

Actually, you probably are thinking ahead too much.

of all things we have to be thoughtful, thankful and joyous about at this magical time of year..........

this story is disgusting

this thread is disgusting

all of you posting in it are disgusting :shake:

I myself am disgusting thinking about the thing :harumph: :harumph:

Moebius on 12-19-2007 at 09:24 AM said:
I can see the Sexual Predator Clause reports now.

Wouldn't that be Claus? ROFL

JD10367 on 12-19-2007 at 08:37 AM said:
Wouldn't that be Claus? ROFL

Depends on your point of view I suppose. It'd probably bring about some huge background check requirement for Santas and such.

Back