Our suffering is over

ParanoidPatriot

Big member
Reaction score
for this week. It's the bye week! So next Sunday I can just relax and if I watch a game, I can root for the team that I hate the least.

I may even have to miss my first game since in a long time the next week as I will be in Maryland for the Thanksgiving weekend.

What are your plans for the bye week?

I was thinking of playing some Golf in Maine. I've heard that it's lovely and warm at this time of year, and the bears are in a great mood.
Actually I'll be playing on Thursday as it is going to be near 60. However, it supposed to rain this weekend.
It might be the last time until spring.:(

I am flying out to LA on Saturday for the week. First time I have ever traveled for Thanksgiving. I am going with a friend and my kids. I am excited to have 75 degree weather and T-giving football which will start at 9:30 a.m. :)

I was thinking of playing with my Plums.
Rotum GIF

I'm going to attempt to avoid the NFL this weekend and we'll see how that goes.

Call it a mental health thing. Between parity and the refs plus the fact that the only thing
better about the NFL's game presentation that is better than it used to be is the HD/4K picture.

Sometimes I think if I have to watch one more review or official conference I'll just say to hell with it
and find something more interesting to do. I haven't been wowed by the quality of the games, but maybe it's just the
sorry state of my team that is making me cranky.

I mean, everybody looks better than us, but that doesn't mean the games are thrilling to watch and a lot of
them seem like sloppy shitshows.

How many high-scoring, exciting shootouts are there? Not many is my guess.

I'll be doing what I should have been doing during the Germany debacle. Hanging Christmas lights.

I'm going to attempt to avoid the NFL this weekend and we'll see how that goes.

Call it a mental health thing. Between parity and the refs plus the fact that the only thing
better about the NFL's game presentation that is better than it used to be is the HD/4K picture.

Sometimes I think if I have to watch one more review or official conference I'll just say to hell with it
and find something more interesting to do. I haven't been wowed by the quality of the games, but maybe it's just the
sorry state of my team that is making me cranky.

I mean, everybody looks better than us, but that doesn't mean the games are thrilling to watch and a lot of
them seem like sloppy shitshows.

How many high-scoring, exciting shootouts are there? Not many is my guess.
The quality has been done this year IMO. I like watching Detroit and San Fran. I also like Sam Howell for the Commanders just too bad their D is so awful and Rivera is checked out. That's about it. Even the Chiefs are anemic on offense with their defense winning games for them. Our division is down too and maybe the biggest disappointment of the season. The North is competitive but trying to watch Pitt and the Browns is like watching paint dry.

I'll be watching hockey and possibly some Celtics basketball, hanging out with my wife and pups and hopefully, not plowing and shoveling snow. Fingers crossed!

As I mentioned, I'll be in Maryland over Thanksgiving. The Commanders play on Thursday and the Ravens play on Sunday night. But I can't imagine that the networks in the DC area will televise a game between the Patriots and Giants. Unless they bill it as a battle for the 2 and 3 seed overall in the 2024 draft.

Back