Parking Advice

Somerville76

Reaction score
Hi Everyone - My 16 year old son and I will be flying in for the 11/13 game vs the Seahawks. Don't worry, we are Pats fans, I having moved away 30+ years ago, and he has been brainwashed since birth so he loves everything Boston. Anyway, I haven't been to a Pats home game since 1979, and reading recent posts on this and other sites about how post-game traffic is a disaster has brought back painful memories. Is anyone familiar with a place to park at called Foxboro Terminals? It looks to be on the south side of North Street just east of Route 1. How much does it cost to park there? What time does the lot open? Is the crowd into tailgating pre-game and/or post-game? Will the tailgating scene be different given that this is a Sunday night game? Looks like if I'm approaching on I-95 from the north, that I can bypass the Route 1 exit and get off at Mechanic Street, go right on Beach Street and right on North Street to the lot - is that correct or will traffic diversions by Foxboro police not allow that? What about post-game - will I be able to exit to the right on North Street and get back to I-95 that way?

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions on parking, please let me know? We are staying near Logan Airport and have a mid-morning flight on Monday, so prefer to not get stuck in any more post-game traffic than we have to.

The traffic, though bad, is not nearly as bad as it was at Schaffer/Sullivan/Foxboro. A lot of infrastructure improvements since then. If you are tailgating after the game like you suggested, there is absolutely nothing to worry about in my experience at the stadium.

I've never parked at the terminals, so I can be of no help there.

There are several folks on the board who park at the Terminals. One of them will likely weigh in.

Tailgates for Sunday night games are a bit more "festive" than 1:00 games. The drinking will start earlier, many people will have TV's setup to watch the 4:00 game. The main caveat is weather. Bad weather will cut down on some of it.

One things is the Terminals opens earlier than other lots. 50 bucks. But north street is blocked off so you have to arrive via route one.

No back roads in unless you are a foxboro resident.

Decent place to park and tailgate. The only negative is walking tracks in the dark but phones have flashlights.

Enjoy and let us know your plans. As stated some people may chime in with more info.

Foxboro Terminals is the absolute best place to park without a doubt. It's only $10 more expensive than the "P" lots, but you can get in earlier and (most important), it's a fast exit out afterwards. You can get in your car and be back on route 1 in 5-10 minutes vs. 2 hours. I've parked there for 10 years and will not park anywhere else (it's also open for concerts, etc, too)

If you go straight to the back of the terminals and yell out "Is Darin around?", you'll find a few friendly people for that game.

If you go straight to the back of the terminals and yell out "Is Darin around?", you'll find a few friendly people for that game.

I'm gonna have to ask around next game I go to because our crew always is at the terminals and in the back near the tracks as well.

Back seats are tough at times. They don't make Grampas Buicks anymore.

Hatchbacks can be decent.

Oh, wrong parking.

Nevermind.

Back