Patriots reply to wells report

The "deflate" thing with regard to weight loss does seem weird. However coming between two guys who inflate and deflate balls, not so much. I know that I use terms in my personal life when talking to co-workers that only make sense based on inside jokes, work terminology, etc. Then, of course, to reference a jacket, that strengthens the point even further.

Going forward, I really, really hope that the Patriots stop sitting back and taking what everyone dishes out. We all know that the team, the coach, and everyone up and down the line knows things about every single team that they play, their "indiscretions" or infractions. It's time to take the gloves off, and I know that's not the Patriot way. It's about time, though, that they dime everyone out on every little thing, every week, every team, every coach.

Let's see what every other team does when they have their collective backs up against the wall.

Holy God, this is just savage stuff from the Patriots.

Anyone who doubted Kraft surely must be placated now!!
not there yet...but these are good signs. let's wait until Kraft's ploy hits a major setback. Let's see how he reacts under pressure.

I think it will be the Brady/NFLPA/Kessler that will deflate the NFL, but yes, it is a good thing that Kraft is doing.

The "deflate" thing with regard to weight loss does seem weird. However coming between two guys who inflate and deflate balls, not so much. I know that I use terms in my personal life when talking to co-workers that only make sense based on inside jokes, work terminology, etc. Then, of course, to reference a jacket, that strengthens the point even further.

It's true, that was an eye raiser for me. I still don't see a single thing in the text messages that indicate anyone was actually breaking rules, second I still believe the analysis of the physical evidence was shaking as hell.

"the best evidence we have would indicate that nothing went awry to we're going to massage the hell out of it"

I bet the NFL is glad this had nothing to do with Cockpumps...ROFL

So the Patriots decided to stop messing around and destroyed the whole report with one strike. Love it.
The opening salvo isn't the war, but it;s a good sign they aren't feinting and thrusting, but going for the throat.

Hey, BTW, I'll be in Trier Saturday (currently in Brugge). Hope the weather's nice in Germany

The opening salvo isn't the war, but it;s a good sign they aren't feinting and thrusting, but going for the throat.

That's true. Good first puch though.

Hey, BTW, I'll be in Trier Saturday (currently in Brugge). Hope the weather's nice in Germany

The weather is great right now. Will probably cool off a little until tomorrow and there might be some rain, but overall it should be fine.

Since all the haters reference Spygate and the league may have used it to try to justify these punishments they should tear that to shreds too while they're at it.

Put all the dirty laundry of every team and the league office out there and let God sort it out.

One thing that I am curious about though is why did the Pats suspend the two indefinitely if nothing wrong was done? Or am I mistaken and the league suspended them?

This response KICKS ASS.
It destroys the lack of good science in Wells.
It eviscerates Wells's impartiality.
It points out pre-conceived conclusions and misinformation dissemination by the League. NFLeak.
It points out the whatever texts Brady would have been concealing would have been on McNally/Jastremski's phones.

It does it ****ing ALL.

The Deflator/texting issue HAD to be addressed as well- Wells IGNORES the scientific reasons his conclusions are biased, and hinges the whole goddamn issue on the texts. Science-schmience, LOOK AT THESE TEXTS! These things are what makes the mob stampede, regardless of how many Nobel Prize winners are on your side. It was silly compared to the science beat downs, but only because the Wells 'analysis' of them was silly to begin with.

This is a warning to Goodell- think good and hard when we appeal, toughguy, because this shit will annihilate you in court. Where this WILL head next, should you persist in this bullshit.

Better than I would have ever hoped.

To be honest these 2 guys sound a bit immature to start with. I could be wrong but from reading the text that's the impression i get.

~Dee~

Since all the haters reference Spygate and the league may have used it to try to justify these punishments they should tear that to shreds too while they're at it.

Put all the dirty laundry of every team and the league office out there and let God sort it out.

I don't think bashing other teams even if you do have evidence is productive, but behind closed doors at an owners meeting would be a reasonable time. if warranted

To be honest these 2 guys sound a bit immature to start with. I could be wrong but from reading the text that's the impression i get.

~Dee~

There just being juvenile in there anticks, I have a buddy that I bust balls on all the time, he is in his late 40's and dated a woman in her late 70's, every time we get to gather I feel the need to be juvenile and ask WTF? We're you thinking. Yes it's juvenile

I don't think bashing other teams even if you do have evidence is productive, but behind closed doors at an owners meeting would be a reasonable time. if warranted

Yeah I'm a bit unsure about that. And the "deflator" explanation. They should have just left that be, it proved nothing in the Wells report, a nickname means nothing, no explanation is needed even if Wells says it proves his whole case. This explanation seems a bit ridiculous even if it's true. And it's giving ammo now to moronic f**kbags like Michael Silver who has declared on NFL Network that the "Patriots are insulting our intelligence" with the explanation.

We don't need to go there, the simple rebuttal of the "science" part of there report, the different gauges, the readings etc are enough.

I'm still not buying the excuse. It's all in how you interpret it though. The NFL and all of the witch hunters interpret it as him deflating the footballs to an illegal level. I interpret it as him deflating the balls from the refs over inflated levels to the legal 12.5 psi that Brady prefers. No matter how you take it, it's just all a bunch of assuming and you know what they say about assuming.

That's the perfectly plausible rationale they should have run with imo.

"Back in (whenever), against the Jests, TB felt the balls were severely over-inflated by the officials despite our specific request for a 12.5 psi. Next day tests confirmed TBs suspicions. He put his foot down. Demanded his equipment guy to find a way to make sure the balls are 12.5 before they hit the field."

This.

I'm glad they're swinging back.

But the explanations for those texts are as weak as the science angle is strong.

Imo.

But there are actual text messages using the term "deflate" with regards to weight loss. I mean it can sound as silly as we think, but there is actual evidence to support the Patriots' stance that that's what "Deflator" was used in regards to

That's the perfectly plausible rationale they should have run with imo.

"Back in (whenever), against the Jests, TB felt the balls were severely over-inflated by the officials despite our specific request for a 12.5 psi. Next day tests confirmed TBs suspicions. He put his foot down. Demanded his equipment guy to find a way to make sure the balls are 12.5 before they hit the field."

I disagree. That would still be illegal. And the NFL's entire case centers around the balls being below the legal limit. Destroy that part and you win.

But there are actual text messages using the term "deflate" with regards to weight loss. I mean it can sound as silly as we think, but there is actual evidence to support the Patriots' stance that that's what "Deflator" was used in regards to

Even if it refers to his weight it doesn't really change much. The odds that the only person who has ever referred to their weight loss as "deflation" is also, by mere coincidence, the main person of interest in a ball deflation scandal, seems extremely unlikely.

Even if it refers to his weight it doesn't really change much. The odds that the only person who has ever referred to their weight loss as "deflation" is also, by mere coincidence, the main person of interest in a ball deflation scandal, seems extremely unlikely.

Seems as equally unlikely as the rest of the shit in the Wells report :coffee:

But people keep acting as if the Patriots pulled this out of their asses. There is actual use of deflating with context of weight loss. There is no such text message regarding deflating with context of illegally deflating footballs after referee inspection. At least the Patriots have something concrete to support their theory. The Wells report has dick.

Back