Patriots Run Defense Issues

You can't give a player any more credit then when you see how much he;'s missed when he's not there..

Barmore. End of story.

I don't think he would've helped enough to, say, hold them down in the way we did Cleveland, but he's a lot harder to push around than, say,
Ekuale who was in there a lot and appeared to be struggling. Who knows?

They went jumbo on us and they were already jolting us back off the line. It wasn't anything tricky. Brandon Wesco is one of the better blocking TEs of the last decade and when they
put he and Kmet next to each other they really blocked like hell and outflanked us. I was surprised at how big and tough they were across the board, but we definitely had no answer
to the twin TEs on one side. It was a dark and stormy night for all of us, but you have to give them credit for street-fighting us.

When you have a guy like Fields, who is an excellent runner playing QB, it's almost like they had 12 guys on the field. We tried to take
it away, but they bullied us into submission and controlled the ball. Ground us down. It showed a glimpse into a wrinkle we've used ourselves -- a kind of
counterprogramming to the Ds around the league which are built to defend against passing games. It was just like the Ravens of a few years ago
or Newton with Carolina until his body broke down. I think it'll be a bigger thing before long the way the league is going.

If you're organization is willing to expose your QB to injury by running him like that then you can typically achieve short-term gains at the risk of
losing him and your season to a serious injury at any time, but what have they really got to lose? Meet the new Cam, same as the old Cam. It certainly
worked for them last night.

I feel like I have a hangover and never touched a drop. You can't put a shine on that pig.

The Patriots have given up 957 rushing yards allowed. Almost 140 rushing yards per game. Cannot stop anyone on 3rd down.

The offensive staff is trash but the defensive front7 was not fixed from last year

I don't think he would've helped enough to, say, hold them down in the way we did Cleveland, but he's a lot harder to push around than, say,
Ekuale who was in there a lot and appeared to be struggling. Who knows?

They went jumbo on us and they were already jolting us back off the line. It wasn't anything tricky. Brandon Wesco is one of the better blocking TEs of the last decade and when they
put he and Kmet next to each other they really blocked like hell and outflanked us. I was surprised at how big and tough they were across the board, but we definitely had no answer
to the twin TEs on one side. It was a dark and stormy night for all of us, but you have to give them credit for street-fighting us.

When you have a guy like Fields, who is an excellent runner playing QB, it's almost like they had 12 guys on the field. We tried to take
it away, but they bullied us into submission and controlled the ball. Ground us down. It showed a glimpse into a wrinkle we've used ourselves -- a kind of
counterprogramming to the Ds around the league which are built to defend against passing games. It was just like the Ravens of a few years ago
or Newton with Carolina until his body broke down. I think it'll be a bigger thing before long the way the league is going.

If you're organization is willing to expose your QB to injury by running him like that then you can typically achieve short-term gains at the risk of
losing him and your season to a serious injury at any time, but what have they really got to lose? Meet the new Cam, same as the old Cam. It certainly
worked for them last night.

I feel like I have a hangover and never touched a drop. You can't put a shine on that pig.

Josh Allen twice a year will eat this front7 alive

Our run D hasn't been good enough. I'm sure BB sees that and I'm certain he's smart enough to know how to fix it. It may be next year or it may be at the trade deadline.
I'm not saying you're wrong but it's been bad for 3 straight seasons now. Why are you so confident a fix is coming soon?

Ya I mean I love BB as much as the next guy, but I'm not sure why it's just a foregone conclusion that he can fix any problem.

Let's hope he can though.

Next year the Pats will have some spending money...it SHOULD help out a lot, depending on who BB signs and how much they get paid (hopefully no stupid deals).

I'm not saying you're wrong but it's been bad for 3 straight seasons now. Why are you so confident a fix is coming soon?

Agreed. the run defense has been bad for awhile and then I see bad moves like give Bentley and Godchaux more money, or sign Jonnu but have screen zero plays for him, or sign Agholor but then make him redundant with Parker or Thornton while pissing off Bourne (and pissing off Mac).

BB is almost 71 years old and he’s delegating a lot. I think the defensive front7 talent is a problem while on offense it’s a coaching problem, would be close to firing Evan Rothstein, Joe Judge, and Patricia

Back