Patriots To Consider Signing QB Michael Vick?

-Scar-

Decimate this account, please. Thanks.
Reaction score
There's been a theory making the rounds in the media that the New England Patriots could be a perfect destination for former Falcons quarterback Mike Vick. We're now hearing that there could be something to the chatter, primarily since it's appearing more and more likely that Vick won't have many/any options to compete for the every-down quarterback job in 2009. Of course, this would require coach Bill Belichick to be willing to sign Vick to a one-year deal.

Source: SportingNews.com

How many more of these threads do we need? Really.

The Patriots are not signing Michael Vick, from a purely practical standpoint.

1) He's not going to be a QB
2) He wouldn't get on the field as a RB/WR
3) The Patriots don't run Wildcat because they don't need a gimmick to make a first down
4) Even if for whatever reason they couldn't make first downs; why would the Patriots ever take the best player off the field?
5) The only way he'd even make the team would be as a gunner on the punt team or as a backup returner.
6) Vick won't sign for the Vet Minimum when he's used to making $10mil+ a year.
7) Vick won't be content sitting on the bench.

Glad to see someone brought up this subject. Long over due.

wwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rji4q8.jpg

There's been a theory making the rounds in the media that the New England Patriots could be a perfect destination for former Falcons quarterback Mike Vick. We're now hearing that there could be something to the chatter, primarily since it's appearing more and more likely that Vick won't have many/any options to compete for the every-down quarterback job in 2009. Of course, this would require coach Bill Belichick to be willing to sign Vick to a one-year deal.

Source: SportingNews.com

^Not this.

That is actually a pretty damn retarded theory if Annihilus does say so himself. Whatever the step BELOW retarded is actually where it belongs.

Now hopefully we'll only have one new Vick thread per day until the season kicks off :rolleyes:

^Not this.

That is actually a pretty damn retarded theory if Annihilus does say so himself. Whatever the step BELOW retarded is actually where it belongs.

Now hopefully we'll only have one new Vick thread per day until the season kicks off :rolleyes:
Would that be intellectually scarred? :shrug:

^Not this.

I also still don't get how Foxboro is the "perfect situation".

Because Belichick traded for Randy Moss and Corey Dillon, doesn't mean he's going to sign Michael Vick because he went to jail.

When I say he'll be competing for Punt Team Gunner and Backup Kick Returner, that's not even a little bit of Hyperbole. I mean it.

He WAS fast when he left. He just spent 18 months or so on a less-than-ideal training regimen. He's now 30, correct? And everyone REALLY expects him to throw down a 4.32? Really?

Let's see....Dillon added something....Moss adds something..... what exactly does Vick add? Do they think that NE is some dumping ground for all of the NFL problem children? I thought that was Dallas.

Let's see....Dillon added something....Moss adds something..... what exactly does Vick add? Do they think that NE is some dumping ground for all of the NFL problem children? I thought that was Dallas.

I Think You're Taking It The Wrong Way...In Fact I See It As A Compliment To New England...They Seem To Straighten Out These Type Of Players...

Randy Had A Bad Rep
Dillon Had A Bad Rep

:shrug: Seems Like The Players Buy Into The "Patriot Way"

I Think You're Taking It The Wrong Way...In Fact I See It As A Compliment To New England...They Seem To Straighten Out These Type Of Players...

Randy Had A Bad Rep
Dillon Had A Bad Rep

It's not a compliment. It's shoddy journalism.

I don't recall Pacman getting a look in NE, and the Patriots were hurting in the secondary.

Maybe they just draw the line at felons :shrug:

Well, except Merriweather.

It's not a compliment. It's shoddy journalism.

I don't recall Pacman getting a look in NE, and the Patriots were hurting in the secondary.

Maybe they just draw the line at felons :shrug:

Well, except Merriweather.

Never Looked At It That Way But I Can Understand Your Point...But Pacman Was An Absolute Retard From Day One....No Denying That....The Only Thing I Can Say To Back That Point About Vick Is I Think That City Would Be Quick To Protest His Arrival....I Just Dont See The Fans Or The Area Being So Forgiving....But If They Did It Would Be The One Place That Could Redeem Him...I Guess In The End It's All Brainiac Bellichicks Decision So I'm Waiting To See What He Has To Say In Regards To The Situation...

Tho I Doubt He'll Even Consider Contrary To What The Story Suggests...

:cool:

Randy Had A Bad Rep
Dillon Had A Bad Rep

Both of those players were some of the BEST at their positions....vick wasn't even better than a bottom third of the NFL QB at his BEST.

Never Looked At It That Way But I Can Understand Your Point...But Pacman Was An Absolute Retard From Day One....No Denying That....The Only Thing I Can Say To Back That Point About Vick Is I Think That City Would Be Quick To Protest His Arrival....I Just Dont See The Fans Or The Area Being So Forgiving....But If They Did It Would Be The One Place That Could Redeem Him...I Guess In The End It's All Brainiac Bellichicks Decision So I'm Waiting To See What He Has To Say In Regards To The Situation...

Tho I Doubt He'll Even Consider Contrary To What The Story Suggests...

:cool:

Ok, I'll bite. What do you mean? I honestly can't think of any fanbase or area that would react any different at this point.

Ok, I'll bite. What do you mean? I honestly can't think of any fanbase or area that would react any different at this point.

The ATL would take him back with open arms.. the fans at least. I was just down there and it's freaking weird, EVEN after Matt Ryan's last season, people were saying "well...I still like Vick's style better". Oh the A T L

The ATL would take him back with open arms.. the fans at least. I was just down there and it's freaking weird, EVEN after Matt Ryan's last season, people were saying "well...I still like Vick's style better". Oh the A T L

Wow. Considering he hung that organization out to dry after being treated like royalty, I'm surpised the fans are so loyal. It's not like he won them anything.

It can't last. Those fans will come around when they realize that Matt Ryan is the real deal.

Wow. Considering he hung that organization out to dry after being treated like royalty, I'm surpised the fans are so loyal. It's not like he won them anything.

It can't last. Those fans will come around when they realize that Matt Ryan is the real deal.

I hope so. I hope it's just a case of not being used to success for a long period of time. They've had a few years here and there, but not several years in a row (after Blank bought the team) where they were supposed to contend. Vick was there that whole time, so it's not an unwarranted response. God knows they've been trying to tell people he's good his whole career, so they have a lot of loyalty to him.

They'll figure out Matt Ryan eventually I hope, once they realize that he's a far better QB than Michael Vick has an will ever be.

Back