Patriots vs Chargers Week 13

The issue with the Mahomes hit is he stopped right on the sideline basically waiting to be hit. The hit itself was rather soft IMO and of course he sold it by flinging himself out of bounds. But overall, I agree with your main point. The game sucks when the starting QBs go down.

Mahomes as made a career of doing it, he uses rules designed to protect QBs to fake out defenders and squeeze out a couple more yards

I'd level him every single time he did it, and use a locker room pool money to pay for fines until he stops doing it, because its complete bullshit

Mahomes as made a career of doing it, he uses rules designed to protect QBs to fake out defenders and squeeze out a couple more yards

I'd level him every single time he did it, and use a locker room pool money to pay for fines, until he stops doing it because its complete bullshit
He will get his head taken off eventually. Almost happened last night.

Refs tried helping give the Chiefs the game again, never seen a team with the refs so in their pocket as them

Last edited:
He will get his head taken off eventually. Almost happened last night.

he did it to himself.. if he didnt do his stupid fake out using the "oh im just going to trot out of bounds here" only to cut it back inside at the last second, then the hits he took against packers wouldnt happen... but he does it to get cheesy UR penalites

its my primary gripe with him

he did it to himself.. if he didnt do his stupid fake out using the "oh im just going to trot out of bounds here" only to cut it back inside at the last second, then the hits he took against packers wouldnt happen... but he does it to get cheesy UR penalites

its my primary gripe with him
I really don't have an issue with Mahomes milking the flag. Josh Allen does the same thing with his flopping. If you can get a free 15 yards, you do it every time.

I really don't have an issue with Mahomes milking the flag. Josh Allen does the same thing with his flopping. If you can get a free 15 yards, you do it every time.

i think flopping is different than this

flopping is just pretending to be hit harder trhan you were and fall to the ground

This BS is directly using a rule designed to protect QBs on the sideline against the defenders by faking them out... he trots to sideline and slows down, so the defender starts to slow down respecting him giving himself up out of bounds... then Mahomes will suddenly cut back to inside and the defender misses because hes deccelerated to avoid the penalty

in the "other games" thread I felt the same as people who posted that the "late hit" call Mahommes got was BS and he was still in bounds. they go overboard protecting the QB's, but it's obvious why when you see what inept QB play does to the game.
Trubisky v Zappe on TNF? that should be another proud showcase for the NFL.... imagine Al Michaels and the rest of that crew is wondering what they can possibly say to put lipstick on that pig of a game
these pussy calls are not preventing qb injuries. this year has had the most qbs ever starting games. what is to blame is the players themselves demanding less practice and teaching time in the cba which impacts the ol more than any other position group. and the owners going for it because they don't care about the quality of the game. both sides care only about the $.

The memes via this create themselves…
The Simpsons Dance GIF

the only exception i took was to the "No Days Off" chant lol

maybe no days off for highly paid professional football players, but an odd thing for a middle class fanbase to be chanting in the streets of boston lol
Fans are part owners of their favorite teams…you didn’t know this? :coffee:

I really don't see what one has to do with another. There are plenty of ways to run a football team and win. Any style is frustrating when the team is not winning but the fact remains the Patriots had the best 2 decade run in the history of the game and the Patriot Way was foundational to its unprecedented success starting with TFB.

This is not a hill you want to die on, IMO.

Belichick has acknowledged that he's a tough coach to play for, and that his coaching is not for everyone.

This is not a hill you want to die on, IMO.

Belichick has acknowledged that he's a tough coach to play for, and that his coaching is not for everyone.
That is true of any coach. Not sure if you watched Shannon Sharpe interview Marshawn Lynch but Lynch hated Pete's rah rah style. Said he used to tune him out most of the time as he didn't need/like his speeches.

cant get worse than 0 pts

it would be more entertaining from a fan perspective to see an athlete like Malik running around trying to make sandlot football plays than watch Jones or Zappe throw 2 year screen passes for 0 pts
Well, if a QB is also throwing interceptions or pick 6s, that would be worse.

That is true of any coach. Not sure if you watched Shannon Sharpe interview Marshawn Lynch but Lynch hated Pete's rah rah style. Said he used to tune him out most of the time as he didn't need/like his speeches.

Some coaches are more difficult to work for than others. We need only point to the difference between Andy Reid and BB for an obvious example of this. BB understands and acknowledges that.

Some coaches are more difficult to work for than others. We need only point to the difference between Andy Reid and BB for an obvious example of this. BB understands and acknowledges that.
Sure. But the Patriot Way produced a 20 year dynasty and the best NFL run of all time. Now that the team is losing because they literally don't have a QB and to finger point at the Patriot Way is ludicrous. The defense has been playing its tails off all season despite losing several key players. They don't look exhausted from the "Patriot Way". Or was Rex only referring to the inept offense?

Back