Patriots vs Jaguars Week 2, 2018

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
This should be a tough, physical game with our injury-riddled offense going up against a top 3 defense in their house in the heat. It doesn't look good.
Jalen Ramsey may have helped us by proclaiming that Gronk is over rated. The funny thing about that is that he's only gone up against Gronk on 1 play according to PFF. In fact, Ramsey only lined up over the opposing team’s tight end 34 times in 764 snaps in coverage, including playoffs (4.5 percent), and was thrown at just five times in those situations. Ramsey deserves to be "thrown out the park". We'll see.

Game preview:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...tatistics-to-know-for-afc-title-game-rematch/

Keys to the game:
https://www.patriots.com/news/keys-...p-presented-by-carmax-jags-d-a-true-road-test

The picks:
https://www.patriots.com/news/game-predictions-expert-picks-for-patriots-at-jaguars

I think the Patriots (much like I said before the AFCCG, I think), can get to 20.

Can Jacksonville? They're even more shorthanded on offense than the Patriots are.

Like Bill Belichick says, the weather's the same for both teams. And those dopes chose to wear their dark jerseys, so.. :coffee:

DnGAqSXUwAAXadS.jpg

I think Fournette's going to test it out pregame, to see if he can go. The warm conditions might help him out a bit.

They've got the Titans next week, I think, they may just hold him out. Either way, Jacksonville has their built-in excuse.

"Fournette was hurt!" or "Fournette didn't play!" I don't think Fournette playing or not makes a damned bit of difference.

Cannon is out . So that’s huge for that jags D-line . If burkhead not ready to go. White will be heavily involved in game

Cannon always seems like he is out, so...wasn't he out the last time we played the jags?

Yes Fleming was RT. He’s now on Cowboys . I still thought jags had a great defensive game plan in AFC title game .

I think Fournette's going to test it out pregame, to see if he can go. The warm conditions might help him out a bit.

They've got the Titans next week, I think, they may just hold him out. Either way, Jacksonville has their built-in excuse.

"Fournette was hurt!" or "Fournette didn't play!" I don't think Fournette playing or not makes a damned bit of difference.

No excuse here we should be good with Yeldon and Grant.

According to Curran, Sony Michel traveled with the team and Cory Coleman is listed as one of the active receivers for the game.

According to Curran, Sony Michel traveled with the team and Cory Coleman is listed as one of the active receivers for the game.

Sony Michel is cleared to play and he's excited about it.
Sony Michel‏Verified account @Flyguy2stackz

Game day tomorrow
1f440.png

DnKtiQaU0AEbqVm.jpg

Coleman traveling is a bigger surprise that seems a bit desperate to me if he's active. Maybe Josh put in a few plays just for him but otherwise he's a decoy. I'd rather see the time that went to him go to Patterson but, yeah, I'm on the outside looking in. I'll have to go with "doing what's best for the team" and hope it works out well for the Pats. Having 2 speed freaks at WR is something new for Pats fans - I need time to adjust.

Curran also stated that Slater is the #5 receiver for today.

He was #4 last week, so...

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

Sony Michel is cleared to play and he's excited about it.
Sony Michel‏Verified account @Flyguy2stackz

Game day tomorrow
1f440.png

DnKtiQaU0AEbqVm.jpg

Coleman traveling is a bigger surprise that seems a bit desperate to me if he's active. Maybe Josh put in a few plays just for him but otherwise he's a decoy. I'd rather see the time that went to him go to Patterson but, yeah, I'm on the outside looking in. I'll have to go with "doing what's best for the team" and hope it works out well for the Pats. Having 2 speed freaks at WR is something new for Pats fans - I need time to adjust.

I'm rooting for this kid. From what I saw of him at Georgia, he's got special talent. Let's see what he can do. Love to see him pop one early. I thought he was the best back in the draft this year, reminded me so much of Ladanian Tomlinson in college.

I didn't know.

The jags will have to account for Coleman regardless if they believe he's a viable option or not. Brady sees him open ...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DL Calais Campbell (knee) has been added to the game status report as QUESTIONABLE.</p>— #DUUUVAL (@Jaguars) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1041322646661685248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 16, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hmm, Patriots -1 is looking pretty good, suddenly. :coffee:

We could be seeing a lot of Michel & white in passing game . I don't see the pats having success. Running the ball against jags front seven .

Is the game on Fox @ 4:25? I can't find it on my on screen guide?

Nevwemind, I found it.

Back