Patriots Weaknesses

N’Keal Harry. Rookie. We have no idea. Don’t know if he can or will ever grasp the playbook. If he does and continues his development he’ll be AWESOME. But others have come here, had a look, and collapsed.
No, we do have an idea. We have a pretty good idea what we'll be like by changing out Patterson/Hogan for N'Keal, and it is almost certainly a good thing.

What you are saying is that there is no guarantee. You're right, but that doesn't mean we aren't better off with the WRs this year compared to last.

Given the choice between having N'Keal or having Patterson and Hogan, there are damn few people that would not prefer N'Keal, and I don't believe for a second that you yourself don't prefer N'Keal to Patterson/Hogan.

Just sayin'

Biggest weaknesses, expectations :shrug_n:

~Dee~

Whether it's Crennel or Flores, this is Belichick's defense. Those guys may hold a DC title, but Belichick is the de facto DC

Maybe that is true, but one thing that stood out to me last season was that we saw a whole lot of less of the frantic, last-second yelling and hand-waving by 3 different guys before the ball was snapped than we saw during the entire Patricia era. We appeared to have a better clue. One guy made the call and we went from there.

That isn't a stat kept by profootballreference.com, but it was no less than a fact to my lyin' eyes. And I'm pretty sure Bill was around when Patricia was here.

How much of that was Flores or the scheme or the defensive leadership I can't say, but it was pretty damn refreshing and I'd like to see that continue no matter who is drawing up the D game plans.

Maybe that is true, but one thing that stood out to me last season was that we saw a whole lot of less of the frantic, last-second yelling and hand-waving by 3 different guys before the ball was snapped than we saw during the entire Patricia era. We appeared to have a better clue. One guy made the call and we went from there.

That isn't a stat kept by profootballreference.com, but it was no less than a fact to my lyin' eyes. And I'm pretty sure Bill was around when Patricia was here.

How much of that was Flores or the scheme or the defensive leadership I can't say, but it was pretty damn refreshing and I'd like to see that continue no matter who is drawing up the D game plans.

:party:

No, we do have an idea. We have a pretty good idea what we'll be like by changing out Patterson/Hogan for N'Keal, and it is almost certainly a good thing.

What you are saying is that there is no guarantee. You're right, but that doesn't mean we aren't better off with the WRs this year compared to last.

Given the choice between having N'Keal or having Patterson and Hogan, there are damn few people that would not prefer N'Keal, and I don't believe for a second that you yourself don't prefer N'Keal to Patterson/Hogan.

Just sayin'

No, you’re right.

Just bracing for the 1 in 100 chance it’s a bust.

I LOVE the pick. But it could still blow up.

No, you’re right.

Just bracing for the 1 in 100 chance it’s a bust.

I LOVE the pick. But it could still blow up.

It could. He could pull a Chad Jackson, but Holy Shit I love the pick.

Love the Damien Harris pick, too, Phil Perry was bitching about that one on Quick Slants, but the Pats now have 3 guys who can get the tough yards with Michel, Burkhead, and Harris. Talk about injury-proofing a position. Imagine if we had just one of them in the 2007 Superbowl.

Love the Damien Harris pick, too, Phil Perry was bitching about that one on Quick Slants, but the Pats now have 3 guys who can get the tough yards with Michel, Burkhead, and Harris. Talk about injury-proofing a position. Imagine if we had just one of them in the 2007 Superbowl.

Couldn’t agree more.

At the moment I was dumbfounded. Stunned. Never had him on my radar. And still truth be told Henderson was my guy. But he’d already been had.

But after processing the pick 24 hrs I realized how smart a move it was. It’s the most physically demanding position on the team. The equivalent of 15-20 car wrecks per game. The likelihood of injury is extreme. We had Patterson line up as the primary back 2 games last year. That won’t happen now.

Harris can catch too. He’s more Burkhead than Michel, though I think we may see more from the pass game wrt Michel. It should morph into a 3 headed monster where you just don’t know if it’s run or pass and TB has the ability to audible depending on the declared Defense.

Couldn’t agree more.

At the moment I was dumbfounded. Stunned. Never had him on my radar. And still truth be told Henderson was my guy. But he’d already been had.

But after processing the pick 24 hrs I realized how smart a move it was. It’s the most physically demanding position on the team. The equivalent of 15-20 car wrecks per game. The likelihood of injury is extreme. We had Patterson line up as the primary back 2 games last year. That won’t happen now.

Harris can catch too. He’s more Burkhead than Michel, though I think we may see more from the pass game wrt Michel. It should morph into a 3 headed monster where you just don’t know if it’s run or pass and TB has the ability to audible depending on the declared Defense.

Bringing back the wing T wahoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I like this draft a lot, I hope Harris comes as advertised.

I always have a bit of trepidation when drafting Alabama players.
Is Harris a good player or only looks good due to the surrounding cast of players?

Is Harris a good player or only looks good due to the surrounding cast of players?

Even if your trepidation is accurate is he not surrounded by great players here?

He led the nation with a ridiculous 3+ yds gained after initial contact. I get what your saying and there is justification in it, but this kid seems like a load to finally get to the ground. It’s not only inflated numbers by running through truck size holes.

He led the nation with a ridiculous 3+ yds gained after initial contact. I get what your saying and there is justification in it, but this kid seems like a load to finally get to the ground. It’s not only inflated numbers by running through truck size holes.

:toast:

He doesn't have as much wear off his tires since he played behind Josh Jacobs. I'm not worried about him at all.

Back