Pats are perfectly positioned for playoffs

Truth is I don't care which team we are playing I NEVER take it for granted. NOt even when we play the Raiders this year will I do it.

Yup, as we learned from the first game, anything can happen. The Pats are doing better than I expected though.

Of course you don't see that. You see doom and gloom. I'm not going back and forth with you again.

You mean realistic? I am far from doom and gloom. I'm sorry but losing to a beat up bad colts team did not give me the warm fuzzies to beat a team like the steelers.

He seems to think they have a fair shot at winning the thing. There's a chance you'll see him on Sunday, too. I think he's going to the game.

YAY! That must mean he is feeling better and infection is gone? Best news all week.

He seems to think they have a fair shot at winning the thing. There's a chance you'll see him on Sunday, too. I think he's going to the game.

Thats a good sign if he does.

I would love to see him on the sideline sometime this season cheering on his team.:thumb:

If he is well enough ONLY. One of our players tore his ACL early in summer practice and had it repaired and was noodling around on the sidelines and needs another surgery now. MUST not happen to Tom.

You mean realistic? I am far from doom and gloom. I'm sorry but losing to a beat up bad colts team did not give me the warm fuzzies to beat a team like the steelers.

I saw the game Sunday as a sign of good things. We executed a great gameplan and made uncharacteristic mistakes in a close loss on the home field of a rival that needed to win to save their season. We did it with an undrafted FA at RB, and rookies in the secondary. I view that game like the Rams game in 2001- a loss, but one where I realized this was a legit team.

It's not unrealistic to think we'll beat the Steelers at home. We're a damn good football team, and one of the better ones in the league. Some people don't want to see that, because we aren't going to go 16-0 again. Welcome to the life of the other 31 NFL teams. Everyone has problems.

Please take this in as good a way as possible but dude..you come across as Eeyore incarnate. EVERYONE Thinks their ideas and posts are "realitsic". Our team had MEGA bright lights in that last loss. THe type of mistakes that were made in the Colts game won't happen again.

I saw the game Sunday as a sign of good things. We executed a great gameplan and made uncharacteristic mistakes in a close loss on the home field of a rival that needed to win to save their season. We did it with an undrafted FA at RB, and rookies in the secondary. I view that game like the Rams game in 2001- a loss, but one where I realized this was a legit team.

It's not unrealistic to think we'll beat the Steelers at home. We're a damn good football team, and one of the better ones in the league. Some people don't want to see that, because we aren't going to go 16-0 again. Welcome to the life of the other 31 NFL teams. Everyone has problems.

Who said every team didnt have problems. We should have killed that colts team. The colts have been aweful. I think we are a team that can beat a rams team or a 49ers team, but I think we would struggle bad against a very good team. Its just how I see it and until I see otherwise, thats how I will believe. It would surprise me if they beat the bills this weekend. I would love to see this team take off, the defense get better, the offense get better, get some running backs from injury back, score in the redzone, things like that. I would love to see it, but until I do, I am concerned playing the better teams out there right now.

Please take this in as good a way as possible but dude..you come across as Eeyore incarnate. EVERYONE Thinks their ideas and posts are "realitsic". Our team had MEGA bright lights in that last loss. THe type of mistakes that were made in the Colts game won't happen again.

We should have beat the colts like we did denver to be honest with you. Our redzone offense was bad. The only reason our defense didnt give up more was the run game controlled the ball against a horrid run defense. I mean the game plan was great, the execution to keep the ball awayt worked great, and we still didnt win. Just think if we turned the ball over or commited a ton of penalties, it would have got ugly. I hope the rest of the defenses down the line are as soft as the colts are, but I dont think they are.

Who said every team didnt have problems. We should have killed that colts team. The colts have been aweful. I think we are a team that can beat a rams team or a 49ers team, but I think we would struggle bad against a very good team. Its just how I see it and until I see otherwise, thats how I will believe. It would surprise me if they beat the bills this weekend. I would love to see this team take off, the defense get better, the offense get better, get some running backs from injury back, score in the redzone, things like that. I would love to see it, but until I do, I am concerned playing the better teams out there right now.

There's no way we should've killed that Colts team. We outplayed them and should have won, yes. But they absolutely HAD to have that game, and played like it. I'll take the way we executed last Sunday (minus the questionable coaching decisions and boneheaded penalty) every week from here on out.

I wasn't expecting the Pats to kill the Colts. They were in a desperate situation, playing at home. I thought it would be a close game, actually, I thought with their deficiencies they were more or less on the same level as the Pats.

I was hoping for a win, but the loss did not surprise me. I thought the Pats played well. How often does Gaffney drop a perfectly placed ball like that? Dave Thomas is a steady player who made a dumb decision.

There is room for improvement, sure, like all the teams in the league, except maybe the one that hasn't had a loss yet. I'm not going to worry about them unless the Pats play them though.

There's no way we should've killed that Colts team. We outplayed them and should have won, yes. But they absolutely HAD to have that game, and played like it. I'll take the way we executed last Sunday (minus the questionable coaching decisions and boneheaded penalty) every week from here on out.

I think we played damn near perfect, we had a great gameplan to keep the ball away, we executed between the 20's, and are penalties were almost non existant. Yeah we had a couple mistakes, but if a couple mistakes costs us games against a pretty bad colts team, how are we going to beat a good team?

I think we played damn near perfect, we had a great gameplan to keep the ball away, we executed between the 20's, and are penalties were almost non existant. Yeah we had a couple mistakes, but if a couple mistakes costs us games against a pretty bad colts team, how are we going to beat a good team?

By continuing to improve and not making the same mistakes again.

By continuing to improve and not making the same mistakes again.

and that can happen, but I have to wait and see it. The pats are not getting healthier, we need to get some backs back. The running game is the best thing so far, but we need the bodies.

and that can happen, but I have to wait and see it. The pats are not getting healthier, we need to get some backs back. The running game is the best thing so far, but we need the bodies.

Bejeezus has been OK, but yes, I would love to have Morris and/or Jordan back.

Back