Pats Release DT Darius Kilgo...Is A WR Signing Coming?

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
I think so.

4 have been worked out in the past few days plus Keshawn Martin is a FA.
All the ones worked out have experience in the return department.
Go Patriots!

I'd be in favor of Abbrederis of this group. He met all BB's requirements for athletics in his draft year. His problem has been injuries. ACL in Aug, 2014, concussion in March, 2015 and a rib fracture in Nov, 2015. He had another unspecified injury in wk 1 2016 and was put on IR & waived by GB with an injury settlement Oct 27, 2016.

I'd rather have Keshawn Martin however if healthy.

Quote:
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" border="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> The New England Patriots’ search for another wide receiver continued Thursday when they worked out free agents Griff Whalen, Jared Abbrederis and Kevin Smith, multiple sources told NESN.com. The Patriots only have three healthy wide receivers on their roster after Danny Amendola, who also returns punts for New England, suffered a high ankle sprain in Week 13.
The Patriots worked out rookie Dez Stewart on Tuesday.
Whalen, a Stanford product, most recently was on the San Diego Chargers. He has 47 career receptions for 509 yards with three touchdowns with the Chargers and Indianapolis Colts. He’s returned 46 punts for 376 yards and 29 kicks for 701 yards. Whalen was part of the Colts’ failed fake punt in 2015 against the Patriots.

Abbrederis, a Wisconsin product, caught 10 passes for 119 yards in two seasons with the Green Bay Packers. He returned 55 punts for 587 yards with one touchdown and 31 kicks for 800 yards with the Badgers.

Smith, who went undrafted out of Washington in 2014, caught three passes for 43 yards with the Seattle Seahawks last season. Smith returned 62 kicks for 1,445 yards and two punts for 17 yards in four seasons with the Huskies. </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Read more at: http://nesn.com/2016/12/patriots-wor...-griff-whalen/

I think so.

4 have been worked out in the past few days plus Keshawn Martin is a FA.
All the ones worked out have experience in the return department.
Go Patriots!

A message to Jones and the Jets. :coffee:

Cheers

Pats are signing WR/STs guy Griff Whalen

Whalen, a Stanford product, most recently was on the San Diego Chargers. He has 47 career receptions for 509 yards with three touchdowns with the Chargers and Indianapolis Colts. He’s returned 46 punts for 376 yards and 29 kicks for 701 yards.

Whalen was part of the Colts’ failed fake punt in 2015 against the Patriots.

Newest Patriot Griff Whalen. ROFL at this but he can return pretty well!

CzMDG47UoAAAZhy.jpg

Newest Patriot Griff Whalen. ROFL at this but he can return pretty well!

CzMDG47UoAAAZhy.jpg

Imagine the feeling he has right now going from the above to getting a SB ring! OMG at the difference!!

Returns start at the 1:05 mark

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zVbcRYzS9OM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Surprised it's not Keyshawn Martin.

I am too, a little bit. BB wanted a solid return guy more than a receiver it seems. Not that Whalen can't catch but learning the playbook and gaining TB's trust in 4 weeks is nigh impossible. Maybe 3 or 4 plays can be put in for Whalen just to keep defenses honest but that's not BB's usual style.

I am too, a little bit. BB wanted a solid return guy more than a receiver it seems. Not that Whalen can't catch but learning the playbook and gaining TB's trust in 4 weeks is nigh impossible. Maybe 3 or 4 plays can be put in for Whalen just to keep defenses honest but that's not BB's usual style.
Didn't BB get Austin Collie some reps the week after signing him? I know Collie was signed mid-season and played in several games and started at least once.

Didn't BB get Austin Collie some reps the week after signing him? I know Collie was signed mid-season and played in several games and started at least once.

He was humpty dumpty with bondo...but, Collie was a good wr for a while. Just really fragile though.

Martin was ok...but, JAG. I don't get why everyone was so high on him.

I remember him and Harper muffing punts and dropping passes last year.

I mean, it's not like Martin's incapable of returning a punt. :shrug:

I dunno, guess we had to keep the white receiver average in the league, level.

Kilgo re-signed to practice squad.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Back