Pats sign Galloway

Report: Galloway to Pats

A Tampa TV station is reporting that wide receiver Joey Galloway has reached a one-year deal with the Patriots.

More...

I would say re-signing Wright and signing Galloway makes this a pretty good day.

:dbanana:

And more and more I'm thinking defense and O-line on draft day.

Moss, Welker, Galloway and Lewis......WR core shaping up nicely for Brady when he gets back on the field.

Not so excited about this one. The guy is 37! as a WR! He broke two bones in his foot last season, so the miles are catchin up to him. But meh!:shrug: lets see what he still has in the tank.

Not so excited about this one. The guy is 37! as a WR! He broke two bones in his foot last season, so the miles are catchin up to him. But meh!:shrug: lets see what he still has in the tank.

true, but the Pats signed much worse players in the past.

eh, I don't think it's too bad.

I guess the thing that gives me a bit of optimism is that had thousand yard season in 05, 06 and 07 before the injury. So if he's healed then maybe with the Pats offense he is an asset. Remember, he is considered to be a great route runner, and if he's where Brady expects him to be...

Fun to consider.

Cheers, BostonTim

Btw, apparently me and hooterbot has mERGED.

Thank you merge gods.

Cheers, BostonTim

I guess the thing that gives me a bit of optimism is that had thousand yard season in 05, 06 and 07 before the injury. So if he's healed then maybe with the Pats offense he is an asset. Remember, he is considered to be a great route runner, and if he's where Brady expects him to be...

Fun to consider.

Cheers, BostonTim

Joey Galloway circa 2004 would have brought a much different reaction. Not saying its a bad thing. Its a one year flyer on the guy to see if he pans out. What the hell.

Best thing about Galloway is that we don't really need the guy. With Moss and Welker, he is #3 on the depth chart at best if Lewis doesn't surpass him.

It's in Joey's best interest to play his ass off, which brings nothing but benefits to us.

He was a 1000 yard receiver in 2007 before being injured a lot of last year. He'll be a possession receiver like Gaffney was. If he stays reasonably healthy he'll make a fine 3rd or 4th receiver.

He will be cut after pre-season like Lynch

I agree with you. The guy is old and broken down. I'm sure he can still catch. But I'm skeptical that he's still capable of getting separation.
My opinion is he's just camp fodder.
With all those picks the Pats have there's going to be a WR available who will beat Galloway out for a roster spot.

I don't like this signing at all. its just another old player looking for a free ride to a ring.

I thought we were trying to get younger... Galloway? Springs? Come on...

I thought we were trying to get younger...
Why did you think that? All the talking heads are always carping about the aging Pats. But BB loves smart veterans. If a Player has something left and is older and smart. BB will find a way to use his strengths, hide his weaknesses, and improve his team. Youth (I say, being over 60) is overated. No idea how Galloway (or Springs) might perform, but I'm cool with BB taking a look.

Cheers, BostonTim

Like this signing a lot. Galloway's not going to be asked to do a whole lot; he's a good route runner and has developed good hands over the course of his career. With defenses focusing on Moss and Welker, there are a lot worse options than Galloway being open.

To those of you complaining...why? This is a zero-risk signing with a bunch of upside. AND, there's no one on the roster who's better to fill the position. BB is loading up for one last run; I think that much is clear. Galloway is a nice fit for the job he's going to be asked to do.

Back