Pats using 1 of the 2 1st round picks

Danny88

Reaction score
In a trade? I heard a rumor they Pat's are looking to add a wr through a trade. I wonder who they have targeted? Don't say Moss, because he is not worth a first round pick:Eason:

Ps, this is Al. Davis claiming Moss is worth more than a 3rd round pick :archive:

Danny88 on 03-03-2007 at 01:18 PM said:
In a trade? I heard a rumor they Pat's are looking to add a wr through a trade. I wonder who they have targeted? Don't say Moss, because he is not worth a first round pick:Eason:

Ps, this is Al. Davis claiming Moss is worth more than a 3rd round pick :archive:

Lord please no. Moss is not worth a 1st round pick.

Re: Re: Pats using 1 of the 2 1st round picks

ladypatsfan on 03-03-2007 at 01:36 PM said:
Lord please no. Moss is not worth a 1st round pick.

That is my point, I wonder who they are talking with? Has to be pretty good for a first rounder.

Danny88 on 03-03-2007 at 01:18 PM said:

Source of the rumor? :confused:

Joe Horn?

Nah, he's not worth a 1st.

The only other WRs out there that are worth a #1 would be Chad Johnson, Torry Holt and Steve Smith.

Do you guys think that with NE having 2 1st rders, and the fact that now Samuel is franchised, and could be traded if NE doesnt see him and a big multi year contract in thier long term plans that maybe NE is considering trying to make a serious bid to get C.Johnson?

jetfan4hire on 03-03-2007 at 03:47 PM said:
Do you guys think that with NE having 2 1st rders, and the fact that now Samuel is franchised, and could be traded if NE doesnt see him and a big multi year contract in thier long term plans that maybe NE is considering trying to make a serious bid to get C.Johnson?

C. Johnson as in Chad of the Bungle?

Damn good reciever.

But has way too big of an ego to fit the :pat:

#54 on 03-03-2007 at 05:22 PM said:
C. Johnson as in Chad of the Bungle?

Damn good reciever.

But has way too big of an ego to fit the :pat:

Moss is not comparable to Dillon. Chad is. He plays hard and never gets into trouble. He is also by all accounts a great teammate.

There are patriots players that are just as cocky as Chad. If we could get Chad , you would be stone cold crazy to pass it up.

Mocking the eagles, Mocking the chargers etc etc

Danny88 on 03-03-2007 at 05:28 PM said:
Moss is not comparable to Dillon. Chad is. He plays hard and never gets into trouble. He is also by all accounts a great teammate.

There are patriots players that are just as cocky as Chad. If we could get Chad , you would be stone cold crazy to pass it up.

Mocking the eagles, Mocking the chargers etc etc

All true, but...

Everytime I see Chad yakking on tv, it's like seeing a commercial that's been aired way too often. He's trying to sell something that I no longer have any interest in, so I start channel-surfing.

#54 on 03-03-2007 at 06:02 PM said:
All true, but...

Everytime I see Chad yakking on tv, it's like seeing a commercial that's been aired way too often. He's trying to sell something that I no longer have any interest in, so I start channel-surfing.

I understand your points.They are good ones. I think Chad has a big personality. But, when it comes down to playing the game he plays hard every down. He is a good teamate and has never had off field issues to my knowledge. I would love to have him.

I'm thinking JetsFan4Hire means "Calvin" Johnson out of Georgia Tech by way of "trading up". I can't see any reason why Cincinnati would want to trade Chad Johnson.

Danny88 on 03-03-2007 at 06:13 PM said:
I understand your points.They are good ones. I think Chad has a big personality. But, when it comes down to playing the game he plays hard every down. He is a good teamate and has never had off field issues to my knowledge. I would love to have him.

I was one of those that was against the signing of Corey Dillon so WTF? do I know.

If it happens and he toes the Patriot Line all will be good (though I'll still channel surf during his interviews). If he doesn't, he's outtahere.

Of course, this is all under the assumpton that they are even interested in signing him.

What fully tilted said, and Danny what is the source of your rumor?

dred on 03-03-2007 at 02:12 PM said:
Joe Horn?

Nah, he's not worth a 1st.

The only other WRs out there that are worth a #1 would be Chad Johnson, Torry Holt and Steve Smith.

Joe Horn was released, wasn't he? He'd be free.

I can't really think of too many WRs who'd be on the block for that high a pick... then again, we knew nothing of Corey Dillon until he was signed...

Fully Tilted on 03-03-2007 at 06:33 PM said:
I'm thinking JetsFan4Hire means "Calvin" Johnson out of Georgia Tech by way of "trading up". I can't see any reason why Cincinnati would want to trade Chad Johnson.
Yes, sorry I just put C.Johnson, I figured people would know who I was talking about

I call BS. If you can't cite a source about a rumor, you're just talking smack. Sorry. And I'd like to see Moss in NE, but not for a number 1.

Putting Chad in the same category is nonsense. Chad is dedicated to his craft and not self-hype believe it or not. He has fun with the media but it isn't something that detracts from his preparation of the game which is unquestionable. He's also a very respectful person.

I'm no fan of mouthing off to the media but I do think that Chad isn't as much about self-promotion as he is about playing hard and having fun with people. Someone like TO believes his own hype and won't put in the work to back it up.

Back