Pats vs. Saints Game Thread

Ugh. Awful. I miss Gil and Gino.
I'm sorry,but this is killing me...ROFL

Zolak, in particular, absolutely loses it, screaming about "unicorns" and "showponies" and asking "where's the beef?"

ROFL ROFL

When TB has time to throw and is not hurried, he is still one of, if not the best QB in the NFL. Luckily, the Saints decided not to come after him late in the game, and played coverage. Other teams will watch that, and our OLine has to do a better job of protecting him, and he has to do a better job recognizing blitzes. There were times, today, when the Saints came off the right slot, TB was caught unawares. He can't let that happen. That is right in his line of sight. We might need to keep a back in the backfield more often just for that.

The ending is the best part...ROFL

Patslastdrive3.gif

When TB has time to throw and is not hurried, he is still one of, if not the best QB in the NFL. Luckily, the Saints decided not to come after him late in the game, and played coverage. Other teams will watch that, and our OLine has to do a better job of protecting him, and he has to do a better job recognizing blitzes. There were times, today, when the Saints came off the right slot, TB was caught unawares. He can't let that happen. That is right in his line of sight. We might need to keep a back in the backfield more often just for that.

Several times Tom redirected protection because he saw Blitz and some of our O-linemen (in particular Cannon) just plain and simple failed to pick it up. It happened numerous times.

I'd have to say this, though... As loud as I can.
For a QB that is supposedly easy to rattle, Tom looked MOTHER****ING POISED out there today after getting knocked on his ass routinely in the entire first half. Suck on that, journos and the rest of the NFL.

Before his injury today amendola was pretty much invisible today. Other than 1 catch and that end around I can't remember seeing him make any other plays. And even last week he wasn't very affective although he was limited in his snaps but even with the chances he got he didn't make much of them. He hasn't shown anything near of what he did in buffalo back in week one.

And now he's injured again...

Before his injury today amendola was pretty much invisible today. Other than 1 catch and that end around I can't remember seeing him make any other plays. And even last week he wasn't very affective although he was limited in his snaps but even with the chances he got he didn't make much of them. He hasn't shown anything near of what he did in buffalo back in week one.

And now he's injured again...

He got wide open on what should have been an 85 yard TD but Brady just missed him

He got wide open on what should have been an 85 yard TD but Brady just missed him

This.

Additionally, pretty much anyone that got hit like that would have been knocked out of the game. This injury does not fit with the 'injury prone' label that Amendola has.

That is true. I forgot about that. Still can't believe Brady missed that

This.

Additionally, pretty much anyone that got hit like that would have been knocked out of the game. This injury does not fit with the 'injury prone' label that Amendola has.

I agree.

Also after that play what happened? I remember it was 2nd down I believe and amendola either picked up the first or came close then the hit happened so I was screaming for a flag and then seen a late flag and assumed it was on the saints then I see 2nd and 20 and lost it

Injury rumors:

Dola and Connelly: Head injuries aka concussed. Dola lost consciousness. These things are funny and under scrutiny. Who knows when we see them back. Tomorrow? After the bye?

Talib: Hip Flexor and it appears not serious.

Mayo: Shoulder and it appears not serious.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...nny-amendola-aqib-talib-hurt-in-patriots-game

Personally, I'm not sure I want Amendola back AT ALL. At least this season. He's just too fragile. I don't know whether it's his playstyle or him not adequately covering up/reflexes or whatever. It's a bummer but I think it was a bad signing.

That hit scared me on a human level. The dude was out cold before he even hit the ground. I don't need someone to develop CTE, Parkinson's, dementia, ALS, etc. all in the name of entertainment.

I agree.

Also after that play what happened? I remember it was 2nd down I believe and amendola either picked up the first or came close then the hit happened so I was screaming for a flag and then seen a late flag and assumed it was on the saints then I see 2nd and 20 and lost it

I, too, thought they had thrown a flag for helmet to helmet contact, but I think they called an offensive holding on the play and meanwhile Danny was wobbling around like a drunkard who just won on a scratch off.

I agree.

Amendola was a runner who lowered his head, it's not a penalty
Flag was for a hold on Dobson which from memory was there

This.

Agree with this 100%. That hit would've knocked anybody out. Just bad luck that it was danny. Let's cross our fingers and hope it's not too serious.

On one play, he did, made adjustments and then they just rolled over the right side and got to him anyway....the line was bad tonight. Nothing he coudl have done on most of those, at one point cannon did not even know who he was blocking.

I'm sorry,but this is killing me...ROFL

Zolak, in particular, absolutely loses it, screaming about "unicorns" and "showponies" and asking "where's the beef?"

ROFL ROFL

Zolak has a great gig but he insists on ruining it with his frat boy immaturity.

Most luckily, the Saints (read Sean Payton) went back to his old school roots towards the end. Payton's strategy was to run the ball to take time off the clock and make the Pats use time outs. That strategy accomplished both goals. Problem is, old school gets you beat in today's NFL. BB leads the transition in the new NFL. 4th and 2. 4th and 6.

Several times Tom redirected protection because he saw Blitz and some of our O-linemen (in particular Cannon) just plain and simple failed to pick it up. It happened numerous times.

I'd have to say this, though... As loud as I can.
For a QB that is supposedly easy to rattle, Tom looked MOTHER****ING POISED out there today after getting knocked on his ass routinely in the entire first half. Suck on that, journos and the rest of the NFL.

Brady is beginning to practice what he's been preaching to the rooks. TFB might just be back.

Agree with this 100%. That hit would've knocked anybody out. Just bad luck that it was danny. Let's cross our fingers and hope it's not too serious.

Given the violent nature of that helmet to helmet hit, no one should use this injury as an example of his frailty.

(I wonder if the league will fine the DB even though it wasn't a penalty?)

Not me. I liked this one. Thank you Movethechains:

Days like today are why it just sucks rooting for this team and I ****'n resent the poindexters of this site who think they have the right to give other posters sh!t for their opinions calling them Pats fans and Giants fans. They are gutless little ****s. As painful as it is I'm not in denial and my eyes do not deceive me. I look at the Patriots in amazement because of how they achieve so much with so little time and time again. That organization has been the epitome of excellence in coaching and execution on a consistent basis.

Brady is the most clutch QB the game has seen and Belichick is the best coach in the game. We are the equivalent of the lovers scorned in that we lost him. It hurts, it sucks, but that's just the way it is. Do they get a ton of favor with the officiating? Yes and the Jets by comparison can never catch a break in that regard. But why is it there are so many douches that are completely incapable of conceding the fact that what they have accomplished in the years they've been together is incredible and is far and away more than the product whatever cheating they may be guilty of and the favor they get from the officials.

When Brady got THREE cracks at it for the game, you knew, you just knew it. The refs had nothing to do with that final drive as I've witnessed from that team more times than I care to admit. It makes me sick when all the wuss's on this board ***** and cry like babies and swear that all the success the Pat's have had has been given to them and aren't worthy of any credit. It's classless and it reflects poorly on the rest of the decent fan base. A rebuilding year for them is a 14 win season. I rue the day Belichick rejected the Jets.

Back