Poll: BAMA vs. A&M

Who do you want to win (and why)?

• I'm rooting AGAINST Alabama (I'm tired of them winning everything)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
McCarron is a JAG who has developed well at Bama but is not a legit pro QB.

Agreed. McCarron missed some very easy throws and that really stuck out to me. Three of his 4 TD passes were unimpressive:

1) WR screen with a throw behind the LOS and the WR doing all the work and enjoying both a poor defensive call and defensive execution
2) Flea flicker to a WR without a defender within 10 yards of him
3) Bootleg misdirection play from inside the 5 yard line with two options (TE deep in the end-zone and an unguarded FB near the goal-line), and the short toss went to the FB.

I don't recall the 4th off the top of my head, but I was very unimpressed with McCarron, despite how much the CBS crew was hyping him. Alabama won because A&M couldn't stop Alabama's running game which chewed up huge chunks of the clock and allowed their own defense to rest. If the Ags had even an average defense, they would have won handily.

If the Oregon and Alabama played right now, Oregon wins. Their defense is better than A&M's and their offense is almost as good.

He would've done a good job backing up Marcus Mariota.

I watch Oregon's games. They're an amazing team that, if the two teams played now, would win the NC against Alabama. Mariota is a GREAT player...an ELITE player. He plays on an ELITE team and is the engine that makes that ridiculously good offense hum along at an unbelievable rate.

But he's no Manziel. And that's why people who watch Johnny every week - even the pundits who picked him apart all offseason - call him a "once in a generation player" and "the best college football player I've seen in at least 20 years" and "he's the most exciting athlete in America - yes more than Lebron." What people who don't watch him every week don't get, is that crazy stuff you saw him do in that one or two games you watched him play...he literally does that EVERY week...against SEC teams...on the road. Go watch the last quarter of last week's game against Ole Miss. Down a touchdown twice, and all Manziel could do was laugh and bring A&M back to win it at the end.

3rd & 14? Ah, he'll just run it for 20+ yards, making the "spy" look stupid:

jrun122.gif

Different angle:

johnnyman1.gif

He does this stuff all game, every game. Scramble, juke, double-pump for a TD:

johnnyspaz.gif

Evading pass rushers, scrambling to the complete opposite side of the field to toss a TD pass.

H7DuE.gif

Free and unblocked blitzer? No problem.

johnnyjuke_zps49076f95.gif

His field vision is unparalleled, and his "faster than the guy chasing him" speed is underrated:

johnnyruns_medium.gif

Infamous TD play from last season at Tuscaloosa. Perhaps overplayed, but still an amazing display of poise under pressure.

johnnyf.gif

Redonkulous:

9741446205_23799c01ac_o.gif

Here's a crappy resolution one that I created myself (I didn't want to pay for the premium service). But it's my first gif creation, so yay for me and learning something technologically based instead of defaulting to my old, bitter, codger mode. In this one, JFF does a complete 360, or more of an @ shaped running route to score.

jff-360-td-run-o.gif

I'm not going to convince anyone with words and gif's. Just watch him play! Watch him every week, because every week you'll see something impossible. Enjoy it for another 6 games, because he's going to go pro after this season and he won't be as good or as exciting as he thinks he is going to be. Sadly, neither will college football.

He's the best college football player in at least a generation, and he has more of the unquantifiable "it' factor than anyone I've ever seen play.

Mariota is an ELITE player on his way to a likely NC (though never underestimate Saban's ability to improve his team over the course of the season against quality SEC teams). In any other year he is the Heisman winner, and I imagine he'll win it this season.

But he's no Johnny Football. Nobody is doing what JFF is doing.

-tehmackdaddy

One thing I will say. When he gets to the pro's this little cute thing will have to be altered. I see him drop back and look and look, and then pressure comes and he is running around and such....in the pro's you need to be better at seeing the quick play faster, because the little running around thing will get you killed. Its a good thing to be able to buy time at times in a game, but sometimes Qb's like him are looking for the wide open guy and its not always that way, sometimes you have to fit the ball in a window and you have to do it quick. Brady is great at moving around in the pocket at times to buy times, but he is not always looking for the wide open guy before he throws it, most of the time he makes a read and goes with it. Johnny will have to get better at quicker reads on the next level, or he will have a short career.

One thing I will say. When he gets to the pro's this little cute thing will have to be altered. I see him drop back and look and look, and then pressure comes and he is running around and such....in the pro's you need to be better at seeing the quick play faster, because the little running around thing will get you killed. Its a good thing to be able to buy time at times in a game, but sometimes Qb's like him are looking for the wide open guy and its not always that way, sometimes you have to fit the ball in a window and you have to do it quick. Brady is great at moving around in the pocket at times to buy times, but he is not always looking for the wide open guy before he throws it, most of the time he makes a read and goes with it. Johnny will have to get better at quicker reads on the next level, or he will have a short career.

Idk. Teh Rapist doesn't see teh plays develop very quickly. He's had a fair amount of success even if he is a disgusting rat. Manziel's "little running around thing" is what will save his ass in the NFL. Imagine if he took the punishment Teh Rapist does. My advice to Manziel is to keep doing that "little running around thing" or face certain scrambled brains.

Idk. Teh Rapist doesn't see teh plays develop very quickly. He's had a fair amount of success even if he is a disgusting rat. Manziel's "little running around thing" is what will save his ass in the NFL. Imagine if he took the punishment Teh Rapist does. My advice to Manziel is to keep doing that "little running around thing" or face certain scrambled brains.

While you are correct. Ben is a lot lot bigger than Manziel, and Ben has injuries almost on a game by game basis. This is not really about the talent, its more about how I think the way he is playing will translate to the next level. I could be wrong and stupid as well...sooo

While you are correct. Ben is a lot lot bigger than Manziel, and Ben has injuries almost on a game by game basis. This is not really about the talent, its more about how I think the way he is playing will translate to the next level. I could be wrong and stupid as well...sooo

Which is of course why I said Manziel better keep the running thing going. :cool:

Who IMPRESSED This Weekend
Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M (JR)

As if Johnny Football needed more “impressive” games, Manziel was “money” against Ole Miss is a closer-than-expected win for the Aggies. While Manziel showcased the velocity and composure to be a plus-passer, it was his running ability and overall “creativity” (that’s what I call it) of Manziel to make plays when it counts, or when it looks like nothing’s there. In this game, he still showed the concerns that make him a question NFL passer, such as, according to our own Alex Brown, he “struggled to properly diagnose and anticipate route development”. Still, it’s games and wins like this that get teams excited for the potential to work with Manziel, and find out for themselves if he’s a franchise quarterback in the NFL.
http://www.optimumscouting.com/draf...f-continue-down-in-week-7-weekend-review.html

I think you're right. His game isn't going to translate as well to the pros, and he WILL get injured playing his style. It's a shame he could stick around for another season or two, possibly win a championship, and have a heckuva career that would be a lot of fun to watch.

I know they played last year and A&M won- I'm talking about this years game. You must think I'm stupid.

No they played this year already and no I do not think anyone on this board is stupid. Ok well maybe one person, but thats it...really thats the only one.:thumb:

No they played this year already and no I do not think anyone on this board is stupid. Ok well maybe one person, but thats it...really thats the only one.:thumb:

so, if they already played this year, why is this thread at the top of the page with it's pole sticking up?

Do the play twice becase they are in the same division?

Edit: I just voted in the poll. If the game had already been played, then why is tehmackdaddy's pole still up?

so, if they already played this year, why is this thread at the top of the page with it's pole sticking up?

Do the play twice becase they are in the same division?

No they will not play again I don't think, but I think it got bumped because they were talking about Manziel.

He needs to have fewer red zone turnovers.

Back