Pregame thread - Patriots vs Washington (Preseason game 1) Thursday, 8/12/21, 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who lied?
Every single media report has said he was asymptomatic. Those reports came from sources within the org. Cam himself said he was asymptomatic. You saying he had symptoms is the first time I have seen or heard that anywhere.

Every single media report has said he was asymptomatic. Those reports came from sources within the org. Cam himself said he was asymptomatic. You saying he had symptoms is the first time I have seen or heard that anywhere.

Cam never said he was asymptomatic. His father said he was asymptomatic. The media reported what his father said in domino fashion. I was told he was symptomatic by several people.
On Oct. 4 he posted this:
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CF7eqZhhoSz/

Cam never said he was asymptomatic. His father said he was asymptomatic. The media reported what his father said in domino fashion. I was told he was symptomatic by several people.
On Oct. 4 he posted this:
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CF7eqZhhoSz/

His father saying it is a pretty good source. Lol
And Cam never refuted it then or anytime since. His Instagram says nothing of symptoms not did any media member read that post as an indication that he had symptoms. Again - if had symptoms why would he not say so and mislead?

Just curious - who is your source in this? I don't mean a name specifically but where is it coming from as I would think his dad would be a better source and the numerous media members who have reported on it and are closely connected to the team.

And Cam never refuted it then or anytime since. His Instagram says nothing of symptoms not did any media member read that post as an indication that he had symptoms. Again - if had symptoms why would he not say so and mislead?

Just curious - who is your source in this? I don't mean a name specifically but where is it coming from as I would think his dad would be a better source and the numerous media members who have reported on it and are closely connected to the team.

Seriously?? Because he'd be benched. If he admitted he felt crap and was fatigued and lethargic he'd be given the shepherds crook. Now an argument could be made he was being selfish in doing that and not putting the team first if he was playing when he wasn't right. But athletes are selfish, they will play through injuries in order to play and I would imagine Cam was desperate to play last season to prove himself.

Anyone have suggestions for a free way streaming (as I'm flat broke) to watch the Patriots this season, starting this Thursday? I had to give up cable (got too expensive) and my phone is so bare bones I can't use the app on patriots.com. Thanks for any help you can give me. :giggle:

Anyone have suggestions for a free way streaming (as I'm flat broke) to watch the Patriots this season, starting this Thursday? I had to give up cable (got too expensive) and my phone is so bare bones I can't use the app on patriots.com. Thanks for any help you can give me. :giggle:
Antennas still work for the broadcast networks.

But for streaming, take a look at Locast. It is free and currently legal. Has apps. The free version has some nagging ads. The paid version is $5 a month. It is a live streamer of your local broadcast stations.

Alternatively, you can look into IPTV services.

Bilasport streams all major sports league games. Typically a couple of pop-up ads at the beginning but it's a quality service for the broke as I understand it. A bit questionable ethically but it's there if you want it.

Antennas still work for the broadcast networks.

But for streaming, take a look at Locast. It is free and currently legal. Has apps. The free version has some nagging ads. The paid version is $5 a month. It is a live streamer of your local broadcast stations.

Alternatively, you can look into IPTV services.
Thank you! :giggle:

Bilasport streams all major sports league games. Typically a couple of pop-up ads at the beginning but it's a quality service for the broke as I understand it. A bit questionable ethically but it's there if you want it.
Thank you! :giggle:

Seriously?? Because he'd be benched. If he admitted he felt crap and was fatigued and lethargic he'd be given the shepherds crook. Now an argument could be made he was being selfish in doing that and not putting the team first if he was playing when he wasn't right. But athletes are selfish, they will play through injuries in order to play and I would imagine Cam was desperate to play last season to prove himself.
That is quite a conspiracy theory. But I will give you what Cam actually said happened to him following Covid:

"Ever since coming back from corona to be honest with you, I felt stagnant in my thought process," Newton said Thursday.

However, when NFL Network's Mike Giardi followed up by asking Newton if he subscribed to the "COVID fog" theory, Newton clarified that it was his inability to keep up with Josh McDaniels' offense that left him behind, not the virus.

"No, it's nothing to it," Newton said. "It's just the fact that I wasn't able to do anything for that stint while I was off and it showed. Coming back, pretty much dry and knowing that as this offense goes, it evolves.

"When I did come back, I just felt behind. The production here of late is nothing to blame more or less than me just taking ownership and responsibility that I just have to be better."

His dad said he was asymptomatic just after the positive test. Cam became symptomatic 2 days later.
My sources? LOL. No can do. I want to keep them as sources.
Believe what you want. Ask anyone who has had COVID if it affected them mentally. Almost all will say yes.

His dad said he was asymptomatic just after the positive test. Cam became symptomatic 2 days later.
Believe what you want. Ask anyone who has had COVID if it affected them mentally. Almost all will say yes.
Cam specifically said it did not affect him mentally. I just posted this but here it is again below. If your sources are correct then Cam has been lying and that's not good. Also, I have known dozens of people who have had Covid and were asymptotic and had no mental issues whatsoever. They would not had even known they had it had they not been tested and they were only tested because they were exposed to someone who had tested positive.

"Ever since coming back from corona to be honest with you, I felt stagnant in my thought process," Newton said Thursday.

However, when NFL Network's Mike Giardi followed up by asking Newton if he subscribed to the "COVID fog" theory, Newton clarified that it was his inability to keep up with Josh McDaniels' offense that left him behind, not the virus.

"No, it's nothing to it," Newton said. "It's just the fact that I wasn't able to do anything for that stint while I was off and it showed. Coming back, pretty much dry and knowing that as this offense goes, it evolves.

"When I did come back, I just felt behind. The production here of late is nothing to blame more or less than me just taking ownership and responsibility that I just have to be better."

Yep, Imapig is pretty sure he had it and my dearest fired is off the damn deep end. :rofl: :rofl:

That is quite a conspiracy theory. But I will give you what Cam actually said happened to him following Covid:

A conspiracy theory?! A player not wanting to miss games?!

OK then!

A conspiracy theory?! A player not wanting to miss games?!

OK then!
Please stop this nonsense. He would not have been able to hide it if he was sick. He was being tested every day. As it was, he had to miss 10 days just for being asymptomatic and then had to have back to back negative tests 24 hours apart to be cleared. He passed all of those protocols. He had zero control to try and lie and effect his playing time with the rules/protocols around Covid.

Please stop this nonsense. He would not have been able to hide it if he was sick. He was being tested every day. As it was, he had to miss 10 days just for being asymptomatic and then had to have back to back negative tests 24 hours apart to be cleared. He passed all of those protocols. He had zero control to try and lie and effect his playing time with the rules/protocols around Covid.

Of course, he could! Testing can only show evidence of the virus, but no doctor could tell how sick you actually are/feel bar evidence of fluid in the alveoli which would signify covid induced pneumonia and in that case, he'd be on a ventilator. No medic can tell you how you feel when you have a cold or the flu, only you know that. You're the only one who can know if you're tired or fatigued or have brain fog etc. There's no test for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back