Question for WEEI listeners

foley11

I am anti progress
Reaction score
Has anyone else had enough of Steve Buckley to last a lifetime? What is it about this guy that just rubs me the wrong way.

He comes across as the guy he thinks that he knows more about every topic than anyone else involved in the conversation. I have been hearing him quite a bit lately and it always makes me shrug when I hear his entitled viewpoints spewing forth. "Whoa, whoa, whoa....whoa." (This is his signal for going into assh*le mode)

Is it just me?:huh:

No not just you.

actually most of these guys are tools who think that their sh!t don't stink and they have the last word on all topics of sports. Thing is if they did their job and didn't bow to the sports figures themseles stories about DB's like Manny would have surfaced earlier and maybe he would not have dropped an old man

Gresh on 98.5 is the same way to me, the voice alone makes the hair on my neck crawl and I want to attack and rip the voicebox out old school Patrick Swayze Roadhouse style

No not just you.

actually most of these guys are tools who think that their sh!t don't stink and they have the last word on all topics of sports. Thing is if they did their job and didn't bow to the sports figures themseles stories about DB's like Manny would have surfaced earlier and maybe he would not have dropped an old man

Gresh on 98.5 is the same way to me, the voice alone makes the hair on my neck crawl and I want to attack and rip the voicebox out old school Patrick Swayze Roadhouse style

I have stayed away from 98.5 except for a couple brief times when EEI wasn't coming in well. Probably good for these guys to have a little competition though. I do like the quotes I hear from "ask a pink hat".

I have stayed away from 98.5 except for a couple brief times when EEI wasn't coming in well. Probably good for these guys to have a little competition though. I do like the quotes I hear from "ask a pink hat".

I listen because it comes in better on the radio in my office to be truthful, but more and more prefer the quiet him of the computer to the constant bitchfest of the host.

and Competition is always good, nothing better to smack some sense into WEEI as evident by the format change and commercials being aired properly and no more 5 minute commercial breaks to make up for it while big O eats a foot long

Buckley is a know it all.

I have rarely tuned in to EEI sine 98.5 came on the air.

I had listened to EEI since the first came on the air, I needed a change.

I like 98.5 becuase they talk hockey alot. EEI rarely does, and when they do it's Dale with everything obvious, and no real opinions.

Buckley is a know it all.

I have rarely tuned in to EEI sine 98.5 came on the air.

I had listened to EEI since the first came on the air, I needed a change.

I like 98.5 becuase they talk hockey alot. EEI rarely does, and when they do it's Dale with everything obvious, and no real opinions.

Yeah, I see your point. For some reason on EEI they can't seem to get over the ruse of making fun of hockey talk. Its ingrained in the culture over there. Sometimes Dale does leave me shaking my head but at least he sincerely wants to talk Hockey.

I listen because I used to be on the road every day and it became like a habit for me. I also like the Sox and Pats talk best which they seem to handle nicely.

the big difference is signal, the 98.5 can compete with WEEI now, ESPN radio was not even a strong college channel at times

Yeah, I see your point. For some reason on EEI they can't seem to get over the ruse of making fun of hockey talk. Its ingrained in the culture over there. Sometimes Dale does leave me shaking my head but at least he sincerely wants to talk Hockey.

I listen because I used to be on the road every day and it became like a habit for me. I also like the Sox and Pats talk best which they seem to handle nicely.

I'm not saying 98.5 is perfect.

I just can't stomach the Big O, Buckley & others anymore.

Mazz & Felger can be annoying, but to me, they are more entertaining.

I do tune in to hear Belichick on Mondays..

Dale loves hockey, he just doesnt say anything interestingROFL

I'm not saying 98.5 is perfect.

I just can't stomach the Big O, Buckley & others anymore.

Mazz & Felger can be annoying, but to me, they are more entertaining.

I do tune in to hear Belichick on Mondays..

Dale loves hockey, he just doesnt say anything interestingROFL

I think the big show seems more like a bunch of guys talking sports down at the bar. It almost makes you forget they are a radio show. I now many people don't like it but I like the whole Fred and Steve schtick and i love when Cedric is on talking Celts. They are almost better when they go off topic. Kind of like PP.

For me its the know it all factor.

Don't evah tell one of the Big show guys they are/were wrong...they will shout you down.

Atleast Felger will admit he's wrong, and the guy will make fun of himself.

For me its the know it all factor.

Don't evah tell one of the Big show guys they are/were wrong...they will shout you down.

Atleast Felger will admit he's wrong, and the guy will make fun of himself.

Funny. true.

98.5 purely sucks. Mazzini knows NOTHING except baseball, and yet now that he's on a show, he knows everything. Their morning show is horrendously lame.

No one comes close to Dale and Holley. Great show

I like when Fred and Steve are on the Big show, but other then that I will now listen to Felger and MAzz on the ride home. Felger can be a DB at times, but I find him funny and he'll admit when he's wrong and he's a riot when he goes off on things, like Brett Favre.
Mazz is ok, but clearly baseball is his only real topic you can take seriously.

Felger has been dropping hints about the ratings lately for 98.5 being good, so I was wondering if they really are starting to find an audience at EEI's expense.

morning shows

toss up between the two

D&C when talking sports are the better of teh two but they tend to get to into politics

noon time

Dale and Holley win

Gresh is a blowhard who belongs on the big show while Zo is a douche in real life as well as on the radio

Drive Time

Felger and Mazz

big show with fred, steve and Max, as mentioned, is better but Felger tops Big O so it goes to him

98.5 has been a huge thorn in EEI's side. I have not listened to EEI in several years. I completely enjoy 98.5, especially the morning show. I stream it all day long at work and listen to it in the car as well. EEI can go out of business for all I care.

98.5 or EEI
EEI or 98.5

They both suck so I won't listen to either one of them...

Sirrius Satelite Radio is the only way to go...

Mike and Mike in the Morning, where you get the skinny on all sports, not just the petty Boston slant from a bunch of blowhards...

Ride home with Sirrius NFL Radio. Hosts Pat Kiran and Tim Ryan and nothing but NFL Football from a former executive and former player with interesting perspectives on everything. During the season it's reviews and previews, after than it's very extensive draft coverage, now in the lull they are hitting hard on the x's and o's of the game we all love so much. Sirrius NFL Radio, you can't go wrong.

98.5 or EEI
EEI or 98.5

Mike and Mike in the Morning, where you get the skinny on all sports, not just the petty Boston slant from a bunch of blowhards...

Ride home with Sirrius NFL Radio. Hosts Pat Kiran and Tim Ryan and nothing but NFL Football from a former executive and former player with interesting perspectives on everything. During the season it's reviews and previews, after than it's very extensive draft coverage, now in the lull they are hitting hard on the x's and o's of the game we all love so much. Sirrius NFL Radio, you can't go wrong.

Tough to listen to Mike and Mike in the morning. I catch the TV show from time to time and there is very little substance going on there. Golic is very likeable but Greenie has to take off his Yankee and Jets hats to be considered a national host.

98.5 or EEI
EEI or 98.5

After I stopped listening to EEI and before 98.5 went on the air, I always listened to ESPN radio online. I enjoyed M&M. Cowherd grew on me over time.

98.5 has been a huge thorn in EEI's side. I have not listened to EEI in several years. I completely enjoy 98.5, especially the morning show. I stream it all day long at work and listen to it in the car as well. EEI can go out of business for all I care.

Really? Their morning show sucks. I know that the EEI morning show isn't great, but at least they spend 3 out of the 4 hours talking about sports. When I tune in to 98.5, they are more often than not talking about some stupid reality tv show, or something else completely unrelated to sports.

WEEI is still doing better in the ratings, but 98.5 is certainly competing.

Back