Raiders to Las Vegas?

In your pregame thread I thought you were someone from this board who was entertaining us with a fake persona, so I clicked through the Photobucket album that you posted and then realized that you were legit (or at least you appeared to be who you said you were).

Was your daughter the blonde in the picture in Thailand or wherever with the elephant? If so, you at least seem to have some quality genetics on your side.

I've not seen the picture, so I'd have to know what, exactly, she's doing with the elephant before I comment either way. :coffee:

Just curious. In your pregame thread I thought you were someone from this board who was entertaining us with a fake persona, so I clicked through the Photobucket album that you posted and then realized that you were legit (or at least you appeared to be who you said you were).

Was your daughter the blonde in the picture in Thailand or wherever with the elephant? If so, you at least seem to have some quality genetics on your side.

Yes, that's the one, but all my daughters are beautiful- I sent two to UNLV and they just started dating movie stars and really rich men..

But that ones been in a bunch of movies (bit parts) a few Tv shows, and she's in a lot of magazines and ads- She's been in Europe for a few years but every time I go to Vegas I still see her on Billboards and Marquees, and she pops up in ads here in Denver as well- I saw one for the Tilted Kilt recently so I texted her and asked her if she got paid for that, and she said "no"...It happens all the time- These photographers photo shop her into a tilted kilt waitress outfit or whatever and sell the pics..

I've not seen the picture, so I'd have to know what, exactly, she's doing with the elephant before I comment either way. :coffee:

If it was anything that juicy I would have pasted it into the pregame trolling thread. It was a baby or a midget elephant and she kind of had her arm around its neck.

I realized Sherriff was real when I saw the videos of horse races on his tv and he was talking about the gambling business. I was pretty sure that thomas144 wouldn't have gone to the trouble to include that.

I was asked to be a host on TVG a few years ago, but my wife hates LA and I was i only gonna get about 40k for doing it- And they didn't know it, but I actually have a lifetime bann from every Pari Mutual facility in America..

Here's my biggest bet , 100k to win 134k

You can hear Lil Precious screaming as they cross the wire

The Great Cigar
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-9cgu0Y6G7E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You'd have to have just won that big Power ball...

Did you?

Yup...

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

In your pregame thread I thought you were someone from this board who was entertaining us with a fake persona, so I clicked through the Photobucket album that you posted and then realized that you were legit (or at least you appeared to be who you said you were).

I got dibs on this site...

I have to go out there just about every week and its just a horrible place, and a very small town. I seriously doubt they'd sell out the stadium.

I'm glad it's not just me and Mrs Cat who think this. We visited Vegas for a couple of nights (as part of a long trip). Vegas felt really unpleasant, sordid and just plain nasty. I don't get the whole party town rep, but then I'm not from some hick backwater, where drinking is considered a sin.

No way does this work. At least a successful team anyway. It seems that a successful teams comes with a real strong fan base. I can't see how you get a solid fan base in Vegas. Keep pro sports out of Vegas. But it is the Raiders, so who cares.

There still rumors San Antonio is interested in Raiders . Can sherriff post his photobucket link again. I love to check them out

I wonder how long it will take St. Louis to get desperate enough to give a billionaire the stadium deal they want and get another team. That's a big enough market that they should have an NFL (and an NBA) team.

It's kind of BS how taxpayers get held hostage by owners who would still turn a profit without their help and major cities end up without teams. There's no way Oklahoma City is a better site for an NBA team than Seattle.

I wonder how long it will take St. Louis to get desperate enough to give a billionaire the stadium deal they want and get another team. That's a big enough market that they should have an NFL (and an NBA) team.

It's kind of BS how taxpayers get held hostage by owners who would still turn a profit without their help and major cities end up without teams. There's no way Oklahoma City is a better site for an NBA team than Seattle.

I'm still wondering how Green Bay has its own pro team...

Pretty simple I would think. They got in when their was lest competition for markets and in a day any age where the revenue mostly came from asses in seats.

Cheers

Any place is a better site for an NBA team than Seattle. :coffee:

No way does this work. At least a successful team anyway. It seems that a successful teams comes with a real strong fan base. I can't see how you get a solid fan base in Vegas. Keep pro sports out of Vegas. But it is the Raiders, so who cares.

right here.... good point! Oakland has supported the raiders and it's not a small one-horse or transient town. As Sheriff said, how many residents are there in vegas? sure you'll get a lot of tourists going for the game they happen to be there for, but is that an good nfl fan base?

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

it was probably what, the 40's they got that team. imagine today the NFL was offering up a new franchise and Green Bay Wisconsin bid? they'd get laughed at, but that area supports the team 100%. I'll take that any day. put a team in Podunk Iowa* if you can get the support the Packers get.

*- not sure if there is an actual Podunk Iowa but it sounds right :coffee:

Thought Experiment

Pretty simple I would think. They got in when their was lest competition for markets and in a day any age where the revenue mostly came from asses in seats.

As I understand it, the NFL requires the owners to be selfish short sighted billionaires. They have a special grandfather clause for Green Bay, allowing just the one franchise to be owned by the fans.

What would happen if they allowed just one selfish short sighted billionaire, and required that the other 31 teams be owned by the fans?

Green Bay? Why not Milwaukee?

For a time, they split games between Green Bay and Milwaukee.

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

it was probably what, the 40's they got that team. imagine today the NFL was offering up a new franchise and Green Bay Wisconsin bid? they'd get laughed at, but that area supports the team 100%. I'll take that any day. put a team in Podunk Iowa* if you can get the support the Packers get.

*- not sure if there is an actual Podunk Iowa but it sounds right :coffee:

More like 1920ish. :coffee:

I'm glad it's not just me and Mrs Cat who think this. We visited Vegas for a couple of nights (as part of a long trip). Vegas felt really unpleasant, sordid and just plain nasty. I don't get the whole party town rep, but then I'm not from some hick backwater, where drinking is considered a sin.

Oh it's just horrible, the only people who could enjoy are kids that just turned 21....Unless you go to Lake Las Vegas..Really nice, all millionaires aged 40-65

I get free rooms everywhere so I take them, but we like to go to The JW Marriott Summerlin too- No crowds, very nice, Frank Sinatra music in the background instead of 24/7 pounding jungle beats, men in suits and women in gowns at the crap tables instead of LA gang bangers with their hats on sideways...Private pools...etc...etc..

LVJly273.jpg

LVJly485.jpg

Highly recomended

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lasjw-jw-marriott-las-vegas-resort-and-spa/

Back