Random Football News 2022

The league has gone mad. Denzel Ward has become the highest paid CB in history! $100.5 Million for 5 years...

The league has gone mad. Denzel Ward has become the highest paid CB in history! $100.5 Million for 5 years...

I'd have thought it would have taken a few more years, but the Rams Super Bowl win has gotten seemingly everyone in the NFL (or at the very least in the AFC) thinking they are close to competing for a Lombardi and that throwing obscene amounts of money and draft picks around will guarantee success.

Can't wait for most (if not all) of these teams to end up in cap hell and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

I'd have thought it would have taken a few more years, but the Rams Super Bowl win has gotten seemingly everyone in the NFL (or at the very least in the AFC) thinking they are close to competing for a Lombardi and that throwing obscene amounts of money and draft picks around will guarantee success.

Can't wait for most (if not all) of these teams to end up in cap hell and have absolutely nothing to show for it.
The trend will not stop anytime soon with the cap ballooning up.

JC Jackson only got $83M for 5 years.

FN1sDi9VIAAGtIo

I'd bet not much cap hell anymore with the cap going up significantly every year. You really don't need to shop in the bargain basement as much these days if handle your cap situation correctly.

For all the talk about the Patriots being up against the cap, from what I've seen they could create up to $60MM in 2022 cap room with renegotiations, extensions, trades, and/or cuts of big contracts. Obviously that's an extreme outer-limit number, but you can confidently say that they could sign someone(s) for $10MM comfortably without creating too much pressure for future years. Probably at least twice that, especially considering the rapidly rising cap.

Expect to see some significant manipulations after we get past the FA date break for counting in next year's comp pick calculations. Flowers, for example, wouldn't be a problem if the interest is real and mutual.

For all the talk about the Patriots being up against the cap, from what I've seen they could create up to $60MM in 2022 cap room with renegotiations, extensions, trades, and/or cuts of big contracts. Obviously that's an extreme outer-limit number, but you can confidently say that they could sign someone(s) for $10MM comfortably without creating too much pressure for future years. Probably at least twice that, especially considering the rapidly rising cap.

Expect to see some significant manipulations after we get past the FA date break for counting in next year's comp pick calculations. Flowers, for example, wouldn't be a problem if the interest is real and mutual.

Our cap surplus for 2022 is something like $110M right now and it looks like BB wants to keep most all of it. '22 should be a big year for us.

Our cap surplus for 2022 is something like $110M right now and it looks like BB wants to keep most all of it. '22 should be a big year for us.
Aren't you describing 2023?

Why? Why not borrow against it now to improve this year's roster? What punt on another season?

Why? Why not borrow against it now to improve this year's roster? What punt on another season?
I want the best team possible each year, but not sure which one player was going to put them on top of a very loaded AFC
not punting on the season, but get mac another year with last years shopping spree (and shake out what are keepers), draft pics that didn't play last year, new pics this year, and see what you have.
I suspect BB knows they are not likely getting to SB this year (never give up, but be practical too) and is building things up.
just my 2 cents

who should they have spent money on?
At least one of their two starting guards.
It's really about distributing the monies in a way to maintain some consistency. Their choice of salaries/ signees last year wasn't the best. They now have "overpaid non performers" and wouldn't think that's the best in terms of team building.

At least one of their two starting guards.
It's really about distributing the monies in a way to maintain some consistency. Their choice of salaries/ signees last year wasn't the best. They now have "overpaid non performers" and wouldn't think that's the best in terms of team building.
And Jackson too. Our secondary is a mess. Why keep spending on retreads like Butler instead of going out and getting some young blood?

Flores's lawsuit has caused the Browns to be investigated for tanking.
(y)

Back