Random Football News 2022

I'd say yikes too, though, less because it's Von Miller and more because that is a fat contract to be giving to a 33 year old pass rusher who is a shadow of his former self.

WRT all the big, long term signings, it makes a lot of sense. What we're seeing is league execs planning for the huge annual bumps we're almost certain to be seeing for the next 3-5 years at least. When you have realistic expectations that the cap will be bumping up $20-$25MM/year, you can spend that cap liberally and have an eye towards the contracts that are cuttable in each of the future years.

I tend to be biased towards cap conservatism, but right now it makes perfect sense to be willing to spend. Last year was actually even better, since you get the same benefits, but weren't competing with a ton of other teams doing it.

Still gotsta spend on the right players, of course.

Watson isn't "top-tiered" though...he never won a big game in the NFL. Ever. In fact, he melted down in one vs Chefs. Majorly.
thank you.
to some, talent is an achievement. he has talent but i'd never put him top 10 in league. heard a take on my beloved "speak for yourself" that he is basically stafford. a guy on a shit team with little to no playoff success, but had good weapons on o. and i believe wiley pointed out that he had a good defense and rbs at times, unlike stafford.

Its only a 6 year 120m deal on paper, but even paying 20m for the next 2 years is a lot

thank you.
to some, talent is an achievement. he has talent but i'd never put him top 10 in league. heard a take on my beloved "speak for yourself" that he is basically stafford. a guy on a shit team with little to no playoff success, but had good weapons on o. and i believe wiley pointed out that he had a good defense and rbs at times, unlike stafford.
I'll have to check out that show on YouTube moar...

Back