Random Football News - 2024

Tom E. blamed missing on Hopkins last year on Bill on Early Edition just now. But ironically, he didn't blame this FO for missing out on Ridley. He said "maybe Ridley just didn't want to come here"! Excuses. I'm looking right at Kraft for missing on Ridley and Hopkins, too, at
this point. At least Perry said they had the cash and they should have spent it on the best WR in FA...that the Patriots FO over promised and under delivered. He's right about that.

Perry went on to say Eliot Wolf is treading on thin ice. That if he wants to make his boss happy and keep his job after the draft he'd better not over spend for any FA.
He said Wolf is feeling the heat from above.
Iow, blame Kraft for not getting Ridley but he didn't come out and say it that way.
We went into this offseason with three glaring needs.

1) QB
2) WR
3) OT

We've addressed those with nobody.

We went into this offseason with three glaring needs.

1) QB
2) WR
3) OT

We've addressed those with nobody.

Well 1 is the draft. 2 should have been FA but...and 3...yeah...

sigh.

Scratch Sheldon Rankins off the list.

Edit: I'm going to assume the Bengals, a team who is in a version of cap hell, just barely outbid us, and Rankins didn't come here for some nebulous personal reason.

Oh and the Chiefs just signed Hollywood Brown, 1 year 11 million.

Tre Nixon is making the team again, kids. :coffee:

I wonder what the plan actually is here. Starting to wonder if their strategy is to try to get a lowball deal for Jimmy G before the draft, and go heavy on WR/OL in the draft.

A lot of the deals we see would be at a very low risk concidering how much cap space we have (even if we would have to pay a bit more than they have signed for others).

I wonder what the plan actually is here. Starting to wonder if their strategy is to try to get a lowball deal for Jimmy G before the draft, and go heavy on WR/OL in the draft.

A lot of the deals we see would be at a very low risk concidering how much cap space we have (even if we would have to pay a bit more than they have signed for others).
It doesn't look like a rebuild at all. It looks like a tank, saving as much money as possible. I'm sure they'd like to hit in the draft, but I'm not convinced Kraft's #1 goal is to win football games anymore.

Back