Random Football News

You still think this is about football. It's not. Rodgers can't get past his personal issues with mgmt despite as you say him having a team that went down to the wire last year on the brink of the SB.

There is no team for him to be traded to that will give him a better chance to win the SB than GB. There is no better coach or system for him than LaFleur who helped him be league MVP last year at age 37.

If he actually retires he will have the distinction of being the only player in team sports history to do so after being league MVP. And why? Because his feels were hurt.

And you want him on the Pats??

If you're asking if he can play the game, then, yes, I think he can play the game.
To him, moving up to draft a QB was personal and he responded with an MVP season.

You still think this is about football. It's not. Rodgers can't get past his personal issues with mgmt despite as you say him having a team that went down to the wire last year on the brink of the SB.

There is no team for him to be traded to that will give him a better chance to win the SB than GB. There is no better coach or system for him than LaFleur who helped him be league MVP last year at age 37.

If he actually retires he will have the distinction of being the only player in team sports history to do so after being league MVP. And why? Because his feels were hurt.

And you want him on the Pats??

How do you know it's a "personal" matter and not football related? Do you have access to his shrink or you're just blowing smoke like you usually do? Proof would go a long way.

There's clearly an irreconcilable issue now between Rodgers/Adams and management. I took the Rodgers/Adams picture on IG as saying they will play on while having a GM they despise the way MJ and Pippen did with Jerry Krause.

How do you know it's a "personal" matter and not football related? Do you have access to his shrink or you're just blowing smoke like you usually do? Proof would go a long way.
Are you kidding? GB offered him an extension making him the highest paid QB in football, more than Mahomes. And he turned it down and now is on the brink of retirement. Yeah, it's 100% personal. Everything is personal with Rodgers. It is part of his mental make up and has really torpedoed his career at this point.

Last edited:
Wow!

The QB reported to camp Sunday and reiterated that he wanted to be traded from Houston. Texans are seeking 3+ first-round picks.

16-22.jpg

Ian Rapoport

To make room for newly signed WR DeDe Westbook, the Vikings announced they waived sixth-round draft pick Jaylen Twyman because of a non-football injury. He was recently shot 4 times:

Brutal cut by the Vikings.
Do you consider this to be standard NFL policy?
The policy seems to fluctuate with each player.

Brutal cut by the Vikings.
Do you consider this to be standard NFL policy?
The policy seems to fluctuate with each player.

I suppose it depends on the values of the organization and the context of what happened.

There's clearly an irreconcilable issue now between Rodgers/Adams and management. I took the Rodgers/Adams picture on IG as saying they will play on while having a GM they despise the way MJ and Pippen did with Jerry Krause.
If I were trying to parse what Rodgers is up to, this would make as much sense as anything.

Cheers

That was always going to be the case as he had ZERO leverage with 3 seasons left on his contract. What a total clown he has been since the NFCCG loss. "My future is a beautiful mystery" Lol. No it's not. It was always going to be the Packers or no where.

You seem to have particular ire for Aaron. Is there a reason why?

That was always going to be the case as he had ZERO leverage with 3 seasons left on his contract. What a total clown he has been since the NFCCG loss. "My future is a beautiful mystery" Lol. No it's not. It was always going to be the Packers or no where.

He has all the leverage now. His contract is basically voided after this season if he chooses to leave. You know who else voided years off his contract? I'll give you a hint, you blamed the organization for it ever since.

Last edited:
I need to see the specifics of the new deal which I assume is coming this week but on the surface from what has been reported, this is a huge win for GB IMO.

This is being spun as they conceded but they got Rodgers back for this year which was always the goal and gave him NO money. That is huge. They also voided the final year of his deal and will save money against the cap with the new restructure. They also agreed to just "review things" next off-season with the power to trade Rodgers if he still wants to go but I believe there will be a no trade clause so they just can't dump him to a bottom feeder team. This means they will get picks for him and perhaps a haul as Rodgers will be motivated to play well to get a mega deal from his new team.

He will be turning 39 next year as well so perfect time to move to Love who will have another season to develop. I also would not be surprised to see Rodgers play this year and next because after 2022 he will be an UFA which is really what he wants so that would give Love 3 years to sit and learn which is what Rodgers had when he was behind Favre.

Honestly, this was a home run by GB mgmt. Rodgers is back, no money was given to get him back, he is under contract for the next 2 seasons and GB can trade him next year if he still wants to go. Love gets at least one more season to learn, maybe two. They could not have orchestrated Rodgers departure any better IMO.

ROFL
I need to see the specifics of the new deal which I assume is coming this week but on the surface from what has been reported, this is a huge win for GB IMO.

This is being spun as they conceded but they got Rodgers back for this year which was always the goal and gave him NO money. That is huge. They also voided the final year of his deal and will save money against the cap with the new restructure. They also agreed to just "review things" next off-season with the power to trade Rodgers if he still wants to go but I believe there will be a no trade clause so they just can't dump him to a bottom feeder team. This means they will get picks for him and perhaps a haul as Rodgers will be motivated to play well to get a mega deal from his new team.

He will be turning 39 next year as well so perfect time to move to Love who will have another season to develop. I also would not be surprised to see Rodgers play this year and next because after 2022 he will be an UFA which is really what he wants so that would give Love 3 years to sit and learn which is what Rodgers had when he was behind Favre.

Honestly, this was a home run by GB mgmt. Rodgers is back, no money was given to get him back, he is under contract for the next 2 seasons and GB can trade him next year if he still wants to go. Love gets at least one more season to learn, maybe two. They could not have orchestrated Rodgers departure any better IMO.

This outcome is about as good as it could have been for both parties, imo. GB management screwed up to start the mess and the two parties compromised in the middle so each gets mostly what they wanted. Although AR is under contract for 2 years, GB needs that 2nd year to maximize their trade value for AR. Teams would be far more likely to trade for him knowing they have 1 year of him under contract and then they can extend or FT him for longer if it wants. GB and AR got what they wanted which is one more year of AR for GB and AR gets his wish of being traded for the 2022 season with no fines or repayment of already paid money ($11M). I'd say that's a win-win and the only logical way out for both. In many respects this is similar to TB12 insisting on a no FT clause in 2019. Both QBs got what they wanted so I wouldn't score this as a home run by GB since they're the ones who caused one of best QBs of this era to want to leave.

Back