Random Football News

Mazz, tell me. What's the one and only way TB12 could GUARANTEE he wouldn't be franchise tagged for 2020. That's what matters.
So your answer is no.

It doesn't matter what you or I think BB would have done. What mattered to TB12 is that every other team knew he'd be available.
The teams knew he was available when Bill didn't offer him a contract. The FT was just a formality because Bill wanted him to go year to year but had no intention of paying him anything close to the tag.

Rodgers spoke today and clarified that he was not offered any security beyond May of next year nor was he told that he would he traded next year. Seems as though the media jumped to a lot of conclusions about what the Packers actually gave him/told him. He is basically coming back with the final year of his deal voided and will play this year and most likely next season as well. This is what I have been saying all along. He had 3 years left on his deal and could force the Packers to do nothing. They decided to void his final year because they have every intention of moving on from him either next year or the year after. He got no new money and will play under his current deal.

He [Rodgers] admitted that he wanted more of a commitment, which meshes with what we’d said all along — he wanted the Packers to be tied to him beyond 2021, breaking the year-to-year approach that the Packers are currently taking with him. However, he said that the team had no conversations with him about a contract extension that would extend the commitment beyond May.

Ultimately, he was asked whether he wanted to be with the Packers.

“I do,” Rodgers said. “I love my teammates, I love the city, I love my coaches.”

He nevertheless had his doubts. Rodgers admitted that retirement is “definitely something I thought about.” Recently, however, he decided to stay put.

“We got some things figured out in the last few days and now I’m here,” he said.

Rodgers, despite saying so many things that meshed with so much of what was reported regarding his situation, tried to blame the media for making too much out of his situation. He insisted he leaked nothing and that his agents didn’t, either. (I’ll believe the former, but not the latter.)

So what about 2022?

“I really don’t know,” Rodgers said. “Things in that direction haven’t really changed at all. . . . . There’s gonna be a lot of tough decisions at the end of the year. I’m just gonna enjoy this year.”

He admitted that he’s received no assurances that he’ll be traded in 2022.

“I’m not a victim here at all,” Rodgers said. “It’s a business.”

Last edited:
Apparently he thinks he is a victim too. LOL

The teams knew he was available when Bill didn't offer him a contract. The FT was just a formality because Bill wanted him to go year to year but had no intention of paying him anything close to the tag.

The "no FT" was NOT a formality. If you believe that then I don't know what to tell you. IT SET HIM FREE

A ton of Qbs have played to 40 and beyond - Testaverde, Moon, Deberg, Flutie, Brunell, Hasselbeck, Favre, etc. None have played at a championship level and been a starter into their 40s like Brady. That is the difference. Can another QB actually do what Brady has done in his 40s? He is 1:1.
Yes, and all were exposed to a more violent game, I.e, beat up. In today's rules you can't barely touch the QB without a penalty called.

You need to improve your comprehension as opposed to taking every opportunity to praise Brady.
If you are trolling me, then I consider you to be a bore.

The "no FT" was NOT a formality. If you believe that then I don't know what to tell you. IT SET HIM FREE
They were never going to tag him. You know this.

Yes, and all were exposed to a more violent game, I.e, beat up. In today's rules you can't barely touch the QB without a penalty called.

You need to improve your comprehension as opposed to taking every opportunity to praise Brady.
If you are trolling me, then I consider you to be a bore.
It's a myth that today's QBs are not beat up. Andrew Luck retired due to injuries at age 29. Roethlisberger has had a slew of injuries and missed a lot of games in his career. Rodgers has been banged up multiple seasons with leg injuries and a broken collar bone twice. Mahomes has missed games in multiple seasons. Brees missed multiple games the last 2 seasons forcing him into retirement.

They were never going to tag him. You know this.

No I don't and you don't either. Ever hear of a tag and trade? That's what TB12 wanted to avoid. Think better.

Not understanding the concept of not having the FT applied exposes the lack of depth of knowledge you have.

TB12 wanted to be free to choose his team. Got it now?

No I don't and you don't either. Ever hear of a tag and trade? That's what TB12 wanted to avoid. Think better.

Not understanding the concept of not having the FT applied exposes the lack of depth of knowledge you have.

TB12 wanted to be free to choose his team. Got it now?
Please stop. Kraft/Bill were never trading Brady.
You acting like that this was a big deal is headscratching honestly. Kraft said he was happy to grant that request which again he could have denied but said given Brady played 20 years and won 6 rings, he deserved his freedom.

Brady fulfilled his contract, wanting an extension, was not given one so he left. He went to Krafts house and they called Bill. At any point Bill could have offered him a deal and never did. Brady left for LESS than the tag which seems to be completely lost on you. Bill didn't even want him for LESS than the tag because he did want to give him a 2 year deal. And now of course Bill looks like a complete and utter clown.

Rodgers really did cave just like he does on the field so often. Lol.

I do wonder if he will tank the season though. He was pretty mad during his presser. It will kill his trade value though which means he won't get to go where he wants but he's really not all that bright, so ...

Please stop. Kraft/Bill were never trading Brady.
You acting like that this was a big deal is headscratching honestly. Kraft said he was happy to grant that request which again he could have denied but said given Brady played 20 years and won 6 rings, he deserved his freedom.

Brady fulfilled his contract, wanting an extension, was not given one so he left. He went to Krafts house and they called Bill. At any point Bill could have offered him a deal and never did. Brady left for LESS than the tag which seems to be completely lost on you. Bill didn't even want him for LESS than the tag because he did want to give him a 2 year deal. And now of course Bill looks like a complete and utter clown.

You're killing me with your spin on this. Kraft doesn't run the team. BB didn't offer a deal bc he didn't want to. Do you think for 1 minute that if BB could get 2-3 firsts for TB last year he wouldn't have done it?
Having that no FT clause made TB12 a free agent. That's what he wanted. And it kept BB from tagging and trading him.

Back