Random Thoughts

I am noticing my posting no. is getting way up there, WTF is a matter with you chowdaheads, meh, probably just me. Have a great night.

We rock and you damn well know it. :)

Sometimes having family that works holidays works out for you. Being married to a nurse I'm well accustomed to not having holidays actually on holidays. My wife and her mom both work Thanksgiving night so we have no Thanksgiving plans yet. As of now, I'm working overtime Thanksgiving and the day after for overtime plus holiday pay (12 hours total ot plus holiday). I am putting my foot down and will not be working the Saturday after Christmas as that is the day we plan on having Christmas if I can. I really hope it happens as nothing else seemed to happen this year. Going to miss the big family gathering on one of my wife's side. I'm talking 20 kids and 20 adults if not more. They are not having it this year.

Saw this sunset tonight over my favorite liquor store. Yes, that lighted steeple is a NH State Liquor Store. :)

1.jpg

So, only place to buy liquor in NH is at a state run store? that goes in the negative column for me:(

BUT AWESOME PIC

Yep, that is a strange one but it's very cost effective as the prices are pretty damn great. And we had a Libertarian Liquor Commissioner run win and operate on the policy of eliminating the Liquor Commision and state stores awhile ago.

Sure is interesting here at times. But I would would never live anywhere else. THee freedom of NH is my in my soul.

I think some state run liquor stores in some states are drive through. Which is just weird to me also.

Illinois allows each county to decide if they want to be dry or not. I think one of the neighboring counties to me (I live right on the Indiana/Illinois border) is dry.

I think some state run liquor stores in some states are drive through. Which is just weird to me also.

I don't know if they still do but CT did.

And on the main highway in and out of NH we have huge stores on either side of the road.

Yeah, we like our booze here but also all the tourist stock up on the way in and out.

1.jpg

Don't rightly know how I made it to 48?

Holy crap! What a ride!

I may have slid into 48 in epic style but 2020 hates my body. I hurt in some places, I'm sick again for 3rd time in a month. This time sinus infection, I think. WTH?

So, only place to buy liquor in NH is at a state run store? that goes in the negative column for me:(

BUT AWESOME PIC

Oh and also beer and wine is sold at private stores.

ok
Oh and also beer and wine is sold at private stores.
ok moving back into my other column again. But these state liquor stores, hours and abundance? Asking for a friend.

Come to think of it, I remember them at the border... friend wants to know just how far one has to travel to find one and will it be open.

Last edited:
ok

ok moving back into my other column again. But these state liquor stores, hours and abundance? Asking for a friend.

:). They are like freaking everywhere man. Hours vary but typically 9 to 7.

I had a girlfriend that I visited down in NC before she moved up here a few years back and they got some bullshit going on down there. They have they these liquor stores called ABC. State run like but still a bit private. Typical crony operations And all arel open at like 11 and close at 4. THat's some bullshit.

You can by beer and wine in private stores in NH from 6 am or so to 11:30 PM. And some amazing craft breweries here. Not my style but everyone seems to love them.

craft breweries?

in heaven here.

But I have been sticking with hard seltzers. carbs you know.

decent burp.

Last edited:
No Idea, that is 3 hours north of me and I've only been there once for a concert.

Are you in me and Jags NFL Clique group on FB? We have tons of Colts fans and I have so many epic and longtime friends rom Indiana there that I met about 12 years ago at the height of the Pats /Colts rivalry from another messageboard. Really great group.

Edit: Nevermind. Duh. Just checked. Had a Boston Tim moment. :banghead: :LOL:

Disney announces they have 73.7 million subscribers. Assuming they all signed up, at a minimum, for the 6.99/month plan, that is 515 million a month. Almost 6.2 billion a year, for just streaming.

Their ROI on buying the Muppets, Star Wars, and Marvel are paying off big time.

Back