Random Thoughts

Not this weekend but the following two weekends are going to be nice. Will be "training" the "new guy", I used quotes because the new guy is the guy I replaced two years ago and training will be him doing the shift to learn how it goes. Normally that is two months in with the greenies (new people who never done this job before). That means probably by March, training will be over, we will be fully staffed again, and I might have one straight shift and not three different shifts in a week.

This reminded me of a day while working at the Transfer Station (the dump), I was operating the hopper to push the trash into the trailer, and saw 3 beautiful live pigeons among the trash. I stopped the hopper and radioed a co-worker, who jumped into the hopper and rescued them. He drove his excavator to the garage, and about an hour or so later, came back with all pigeons in a newly-made wooden cage. He called a man who had pigeons of his own, who came immediately to take them home.

Few days at work have been as rewarding to me.

Met a girl tonight at a friend's game night We'll see but she is fascinating.

I know the heartbreak of losing a dog you consider more than a pet, more than a family member, even. I consider my dogs to be a part of me; they are essential to my well-being.

Mine was a two-dog house for years, until two years ago. After Hank died, I adopted another beagle for Lacey, who I named Freddie. Lacey passed five months later. Freddie is my only dog now, though my cat Punky is still with us (he will be 17YO in June).

I changed my viewpoint on adopting pets about 10 years ago. Instead of thinking about my pain and my loss, I think of those beautiful creatures in need of a home, waiting for people like me to offer one to them. I've come to think of any time I spend pondering about adopting another as time wasted.

Follow your heart, but remember some little fur ball somewhere is waiting patiently for you to bring them home.

Peace.

Some people are creators, others are destroyers. Still more are observers.

I sincerely wish to be in the first, am probably mostly in the last, and have no comprehension of why the second exists at all.

Everyone is different. Very few rush out right away. Those that do often have a child or another pet in need of companionship.
Most wait at least 6 months and I've had some wait as long as several years...some never.
When the time is right for you, you'll know it so trust your own feelings on it.

So sorry man.

As to your question, it was about 3 years between losing my friend Seamus and getting my baby BreeZ, my 2 boxers. He went everywhere with me even to my job sites and my customers and guys loved him. We ate the same things sometimes. He would eat steak off my fork for crying out loud. He was my bro.

I would have gotten another one within 6 months but circumstances didn't permit. When I got BreeZ, she was a 4-year-old show dog with a much different personality than Seamus, and I just loved her so much, just in a different way.

Let me say it this way. Every being is different and holds different places in our hearts. I mean my ex Melissa is the love of my life, always will be, My ex Chara is my passion and Jo is my BFF. I love them all deeply just in different ways.

My friend from 5 years old til now Amy, was just passionate about her dog Bear. He was, no bullshit, the love of her life. His passing has devasted her even though she knew it was coming. She got her new dog Baily a year before bear passed to ease things. Got no boyfriends and doesn't want one, just wants her Bear back.

My roommate lost his rotty of 15 years and it was so sad to watch her go. But then 2 months later he was so lonely and sad that we took him 3 hours to Maine so he could pick up a beautiful 2-year-old female rotty. And now he's whole again. Still an asshole but whole again. :)

Like Chevss said everyone is different. You'll know when the time is right. Follow your heart on this one.

Hope that helps man.

Last edited:
Met a girl tonight at a friend's game night We'll see but she is fascinating.

Blonde with the most amazing blue eyes and like I said is just fascinating. We spent the whole night talking ideas, passions goodness, human greatness, drinking, smoking, and a little kissing, just cuz. :) Was an amazing night.

Blonde with the most amazing blue eyes and like I said is just fascinating. We spent the whole night talking ideas, passions goodness, human greatness, drinking, smoking, and a little kissing, just cuz. :) Was an amazing night.
John, you ignorant slut!

(I know you're not ignorant) :p

John, you ignorant slut!

(I know you're not ignorant) :p

Thank you for laugh. I love to laugh. :)

:) And I am not a slut or manwhore type at all, like not ever been, and sometimes that screws me that I'm not all that forward. Have lost out on some good things because I'm not, I think.

I do have a ton of wonderful women in my life and last night was spent with 6 of em. LOL. But it's cuz I relate very well with women cuz I grew up with mostly women in my world. Strong male figures like my dad but I'm a perfect combo of anima and animus. Male and female. But, my god I slept with one woman in 7 years. A lot. :) but just 1. My BFF. We kinda got it like that sometimes.
However, this girl did it for me last night with her personality and mind, and view of the world. The kissing didn't hurt either. :rofl: :high::beer:

Just a really nice night.

Bought a chair for work because theirs suck. Glad I got a deal on it. Bought new wheels, the old ones are okay but there was room for improvement. The piston is wore out already. It was rated for 270 pounds for 5 hours a day. I weigh over that but I sit for 8 hours a day mostly. Got one for big and tall guys that is taller and rated for way more then I weigh. I am going to actively try to be more active to lose weight.

Was that the orgy that you were talking about?
The funny thing is we got a bit buzzed. She started kissing me and said we should all hit the bedroom, all women and me. LOL. My female friend whose house we were at has a thing with this girl too. :)

I call my friend Dr. Death, I've talked about her before, I call her that cuz she's a funeral director. She's beautiful too and my BFF was there, could have been a fun night but I just let the comment slide cuz I was taken off guard. But could have been fun and maybe will be in the future. You never know. :banana: :beer::high:❤️

schwing GIF

I haven't eaten in over 24 hours. Last meal I had was a great breakest of a sausage, pepper, and cheese omelet with home fries toast, and sausage gravy.

It's 3 am and I sure could use that.

I wanna write to this girl but it's 3:30 am and I just don't ever seem to know how to seal the deal, relationship wise.

I've got so many amazing women that love me in the best ways but not always the way I want. I think this girl could be it. Just wanna do it right.

Talked to my BFFs daughter, my god is she beautiful and smart, and she said "JL (Mark) you are incredible and absolutely need and deserve an amazing woman walking by your side to help you along your path. "

Just based on how quickly we hit it off, much like with the love of my life on the first day of college, I think it could be something special.

I just don't wanna blow it. This could be something good.

I wanna write to this girl but it's 3:30 am and I just don't ever seem to know how to seal the deal, relationship wise.

I've got so many amazing women that love me in the best ways but not always the way I want. I think this girl could be it. Just wanna do it right.

Talked to my BFFs daughter, my god is she beautiful and smart, and she said "JL (Mark) you are incredible and absolutely need and deserve an amazing woman walking by your side to help you along your path. "

Just based on how quickly we hit it off, much like with the love of my life on the first day of college, I think it could be something special.

I just don't wanna blow it. This could be something good.
Just wonder if there may not be some consequences in tapping into your BFF's little girl

Cheers

Just wonder if there may not be some consequences in tapping into your BFF's little girl

Cheers

Hahahaha!!! I just reread how I wrote that. No, it's not Jo's daughter. :) I do have a little crush on her cuz she's awesome but she's 20 years my junior.

I was talking about the woman I met the other night. :rofl:

Last edited:
Back