Randy Moss - Heart is with Patriots

No secret he know he messed up big time. when he got traded

Ok, it might be a bit selfish, but I need him to go back to the Patriots, play a couple years and then retire as a patriot.....if not I have a 190 dollar useless jersey hanging in my closet.:banghead:

..... Not with a ten foot pole!

Agreed, although if he could only put his ego aside he could be a great value on short money. Again thats only "if" and he hasn't been able to to do that his entire career.

I've said it before - we should move on this. You now have a humbled Moss with something to prove, practically begging to come back. It would be a great value. All reward, no risk - just like the first go-around. Move on this.

I've said it before - we should move on this. You now have a humbled Moss with something to prove, practically begging to come back. It would be a great value. All reward, no risk - just like the first go-around. Move on this.

Early in Randy's first go around, he developed into the most complete receiver he had ever been; running crossing routes, slants, stops, comebacks etc. He ran most of the route tree and ran it well. This Randy is worth a roster spot.

The Randy we saw at the end, who was only comfortable running Go Routes, Over Routes and Seam Fades vs single man, isn't. He couldn't shake anyone on the short stuff, he telegraphed his double move routes and double coverage took away most of his deep throws. Even when he was open deep, he and Brady were connecting at a dismal rate. This leads to turnovers and punts.

I like Randy but I don't think he fit's in with the ball control philosophy they went to last year. I'd be surprised to see him back in a Pats' uniform at any price. But then again, I've been fooled before.

If he comes cheap and with little, or no signing bonus, then it's a no brainer to add him. If only it's to use him when we get into scoring position .......

Aside from proving that he is incapable of keeping his mouth shut when everything isn't going perfectly.....

...the biggest dropoff that I noticed from Moss, is that he was no longer going up in a crowd and coming down with the ball. In 2007 and 2008 he did that regularly....especially in the end zone. In 2009 and 2010, he was still going up after jump balls, but he was no longer coming down with it.

It's not for nothing that he played little and produced less after he left here. You were watching the downside of a career, from an elite athlete who lost his edge. The great ones tend to lose it faster than the over acheivers.

Aside from proving that he is incapable of keeping his mouth shut when everything isn't going perfectly.....

...the biggest dropoff that I noticed from Moss, is that he was no longer going up in a crowd and coming down with the ball. In 2007 and 2008 he did that regularly....especially in the end zone. In 2009 and 2010, he was still going up after jump balls, but he was no longer coming down with it.

It's not for nothing that he played little and produced less after he left here. You were watching the downside of a career, from an elite athlete who lost his edge. The great ones tend to lose it faster than the over acheivers.

Makes sense, I don't think he's one of thoses WR that is going to be able to deal with the fact he can't play just on pure talent anymore and then change the nature of his game to still be productive. Based on what I've seen, if he can't play on his skill alone, he may just flame out.

Makes sense, I don't think he's one of thoses WR that is going to be able to deal with the fact he can't play just on pure talent anymore and then change the nature of his game to still be productive. Based on what I've seen, if he can't play on his skill alone, he may just flame out.

He already did.

Sign him up, it's not like he's going to be the number one receiver in fact he probably wouldn't even be on the field for 50% of the snaps but when you go to a three wide set or a PA pass we have no proven guy who can stretch the field and beat his defender one on one consistently, yeah Randy might not even be that guy anymore but he is still Randy Moss and just because of that DB's will be extra careful, DC's will still hesitate at putting him 1 vs 1 and that is all the advantage our offense needs, some guy who is a THREAT who defenses know that if they don't defend him properly he will burn them.

I love Moss But he going to have to run more than just go routes and slants. If he wants the Patriots to Resign him.

If all the felons who are still playing in the NFL can be forgiven, certainly Randy Moss deserves more love than he is currently getting.

A problem...

If all the felons who are still playing in the NFL can be forgiven, certainly Randy Moss deserves more love than he is currently getting.

Heard some doctor babbling on TV a while ago about Charley Charlie Sheen's ego, impression of his own skills and belief in his own brilliance. It might be that if Randy Moss got additional external love in addition to his self love there might be a grave danger of overdose.

Sign him up, it's not like he's going to be the number one receiver in fact he probably wouldn't even be on the field for 50% of the snaps but when you go to a three wide set or a PA pass we have no proven guy who can stretch the field and beat his defender one on one consistently, yeah Randy might not even be that guy anymore but he is still Randy Moss and just because of that DB's will be extra careful, DC's will still hesitate at putting him 1 vs 1 and that is all the advantage our offense needs, some guy who is a THREAT who defenses know that if they don't defend him properly he will burn them.

That's just the point, what has Randy ever done the shows he's willing to be just a piece of the puzzle? He may do it for a week or even a month but his true stripes always show through. He wants to be the star, not the player.

I'd sign him to a one year deal, if the money was right.

Assume Moss is humbled, motivated, and willing to do the little things again.

Let's Play "UBtheDC"

1st and goal at the 9. Patriots come out with Head, Welker, Moss, Hernandez, and Gronk.

On set, Head is at tail, Moss is split out with Welker in the slot, Gronk is Tight with Hernandez flanking him. Hernandez motions and lingers inside the tackles as a functional FB, but with momentum to the Welker/Moss side of the formation on snap of ball.

So you have a power run formation that you shouldn't defend with a power run defense even assuming you could garuntee a run because the back is a slippery crease-finding scat back. You have 5 legitimate receiving threats, 3 guys who are height problems, 4 guys who are threats underneath, 2 of whom you shouldn't be covering with just a LB.

What have you taught your guys to do to defend that? Go.

What's the risk? The team knows he's expendable, so there's no risk of contaminating the water. After his last 2 teams, there's no risk of having him be expensive, and he'll obviously take a discount to sign with you anyway.

Maybe he even gained enough perspective to mentor Tate & Price?

I love Moss, always have, but bought the trade almost immediately.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back