Re: Loss to Bills

Plain and simple, the Pats fell for the Bills "secret plan" to spot teams a bunch of points and lull them into letting down their guard. Then, when they stop "fearing the beard", the Bills come alive.

Seriously, this wasn't the Pats' best game, but that was partly because the Bills played their hearts out, as they have every single game since Chan Gailey has been their coach even though for most of last season they were seriously overmatched, especially by good teams like the Pats. This season, they have more talent, and they're winning games because they don't quit, whether they're down by 21 or up by 21 (KC).

I think that Gailey out-coached Belichick. He said before the game that they didn't expect to stop the Pats, but they hoped to outscore them, which they did in the end. He prepared his team for adversity and didn't allow them to get down on themselves or lose their collective cool. Belichick didn't prepare his team as well to handle the Bills' relentless attack -- and when shit happened (like the INT off Marcell Dareus' helmet), the Pats didn't respond very well. When the Pats lost their momentum, they never got it back.

All that said, damn does 3-0 feel GREAT! (Sorry, no more gloating but it's been a LONG time!) :dbanana:
The Bills got lucky, but as the saying goes "good teams make their own luck". Today, the Bills were the better team. Another day, probably not, but it's been a long time since the Bills could compete with the Pats.

Congrats. I said before the game that NE was either going to walk all over them.... or lose. Ended up being a little of both. :facepalm:

Well here is a fact until things change....the pats cannot make any mistakes on offense, that goes without saying, its just how it is. Usually mistakes on offense do not happen, but they did today. So with that said, its a loss, they do happen, I am not going to freak out, if it takes brady having 4 ints to lose by 3, then I will take it, its not going to happen off, the ball just bounces weird ways sometimes, and thats really it. So everyone take a breath and lets move on to the raiders.

I was confused why the defense kept having the CBs jam the WRs, even after they kept getting beat.

We need a pass rush. With a legitimate pass rush, then we can go into man coverage, IMO.

Running the ball is key, and with Stevan Ridley. BJGE seemingly got stopped every time.

Let me guess....that "principle" would be the "I want to act like a 4 year old" principle? Well done...mission accomplished :thumb:
As for never saying a number (from your post #36 in this thread and I quote):

"We have a defense that allowed their offense to put 31 points on the board."
quote] Yes, you are right. I did say that. I was wrong when I disagreed because I did say that. So, once again, because I know you want to hear this so badly, you are right.

I would think that you would be used to being wrong by now but ok....I guess not.

Seriously, RIPF, how you could possibly say this is beyond me. You're barely here for any football talk. You come here mainly for the religious and political forum where you've run so many people away that it amazes me. And lastly, because you are so entrenched in your beliefs in everything that you refuse to acknowledge that other people have OTHER BELIEFS AND OPINIONS.

So, really, you want to start a beef with me, I'm here. I'll take you on. But I'm not getting banned over you.

Are you saying those numbers say that the Pats haven't pretty much said screwed the running game, in a lot of their games the past few years?

I'm saying that your claim isn't substantiated by the numbers. When you're the 16th ranked rushing team in the NFL, then you obviously are not totally disregarding the run.

I'm saying that your claim isn't substantiated by the numbers. When you're the 16th ranked rushing team in the NFL, then you obviously are not totally disregarding the run.

Partnered with a historically efficient passing offense, 16th ranked is disregarding it. There is no reason why they can't run an anyone anytime they want to.

Let me guess....that "principle" would be the "I want to act like a 4 year old" principle? Well done...mission accomplished :thumb:quote] Yes, you are right. I did say that. I was wrong when I disagreed because I did say that. So, once again, because I know you want to hear this so badly, you are right.

Seriously, RIPF, how you could possibly say this is beyond me. You're barely here for any football talk. You come here mainly for the religious and political forum where you've run so many people away that it amazes me. And lastly, because you are so entrenched in your beliefs in everything that you refuse to acknowledge that other people have OTHER BELIEFS AND OPINIONS.

So, really, you want to start a beef with me, I'm here. I'll take you on. But I'm not getting banned over you.

Take me on???.....lol.
Lisa, you really might want to talk to someone about that anger issue of yours.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this team seems to make a lot of stupid mistakes that end in penalties. Am I wrong?

Partnered with a historically efficient passing offense, 16th ranked is disregarding it. There is no reason why they can't run an anyone anytime they want to.

Especially considering the huge leads they have built in a lot of games.

We need to get better in all three phases of the game; offense, defense, special teams.

I dont understand why we got rid of James Sander.. hell at this point i wish we still had Merriweather. Our safeties are a bunch of scrubs.

Back