Rebuilding The Patriots For 2021 And Beyond

March 19

(Day 3 of 2021 League Year)

Chiefs: Multiple players have salary guarantees activated. Quarterback Patrick Mahomes' $5.5 million 2023 base salary and $34.4 million third day of the 2023 League Year roster bonus are fully guaranteed. Both were guaranteed for injury at signing. Defensive tackle Chris Jones' injury guaranteed $18.124 million third day of the 2022 League Year roster bonus is fully guaranteed. Wide receiver Tyreek Hill's $2,135,500 2021 reporting bonus and $9.75 million of 53-man/injured reserve/physically unable to perform 2021 per game roster bonuses are fully guaranteed. $835,000 of his $990,000 2021 base salary is also completely secure. The $12,720,500 was guaranteed for injury at signing. $2 million of offensive tackle Mitchell Schwartz's $5.905 million 2021 base salary is fully guaranteed. $1 million of kicker Harrison Butker's $3.09 million 2021 base salary is fully guaranteed. A separate $1.61 of this base salary was fully guaranteed last March. The $2.61 million was guaranteed for injury at signing.

Patriots: $4 million of Patriots safety Devin McCourty's $8 million $2021 base salary is fully guaranteed.

Unless the NFL sets the cap I expect the FT date to be extended
If it isn't set by March 17, will the start of the league year be extended to match? Be quite a mess if FT is later than league year start.

Jim Nagy on Minshew

Ev_fyVzXcAIK4GW

It seems possible that one of Hunter Henry, Zach Ertz, or Kyle Rudolph may be coming here.

Rudolph seems to be the one that has the best history of staying on the field - from 2015-2019 he didn't miss a game, but he's also the least productive (that could be due to how he's been used).

Do you have a preference?

I would love a gilmore for OBJ trade. Swap 2nd round picks . See if they can get waddle at 15 to solve issues at WR. I can't see BB not trying to get something for Gilmore

I would love a gilmore for OBJ trade. Swap 2nd round picks . See if they can get waddle at 15 to solve issues at WR. I can't see BB not trying to get something for Gilmore

Me, too, but I'm hearing TBay may make a play for OBJ.

I thought they were going to keep Goodwin. AB will resign for cheap. TB has a lot of FA.
Not really that many, no more than anyone else. I am not sure they will go after OBJ, but he would come there Cheap to Play with Brady if they want him over Brown.

Not sure if I agree; JC was nowhere near as good when Gilmore was out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It seems possible that one of Hunter Henry, Zach Ertz, or Kyle Rudolph may be coming here.

Rudolph seems to be the one that has the best history of staying on the field - from 2015-2019 he didn't miss a game, but he's also the least productive (that could be due to how he's been used).

Do you have a preference?
Smith (Titans). :coffee:

New England could steal Jonnu Smith in free agency​

The Patriots are rebuilding this offense. Yes, they spend picks in 2020 on tight ends, but how long are they willing to wait to see if they develop? Also, how often do you see Bill Belichick talk glowingly about a player on another team? Belichick said this before the team’s playoff game last year.

“He’s just a really good tight end,” Belichick said. “He can do a lot of things: blocks well, runs well, is a good receiver. I mean, hell, they played him at tailback. He looked pretty good back there. So, he’s a very athletic player, hard to tackle, catches the ball well. He’s great after the catch — probably the best in the league. I mean, I can’t imagine anybody better than him after the catch. No, he looks like a tight end to me. And a good one.”

He doesn’t even say that about guys on his team, let alone an opponent. They have the cap space ($63.17 million) and the need for talent. Jonnu Smith coming to New England in free agency makes a lot of sense.

I'm fine with the best value of Smith, Henry or Rudolph.

New England could steal Jonnu Smith in free agency​

The Patriots are rebuilding this offense. Yes, they spend picks in 2020 on tight ends, but how long are they willing to wait to see if they develop? Also, how often do you see Bill Belichick talk glowingly about a player on another team? Belichick said this before the team’s playoff game last year.

“He’s just a really good tight end,” Belichick said. “He can do a lot of things: blocks well, runs well, is a good receiver. I mean, hell, they played him at tailback. He looked pretty good back there. So, he’s a very athletic player, hard to tackle, catches the ball well. He’s great after the catch — probably the best in the league. I mean, I can’t imagine anybody better than him after the catch. No, he looks like a tight end to me. And a good one.”

He doesn’t even say that about guys on his team, let alone an opponent. They have the cap space ($63.17 million) and the need for talent. Jonnu Smith coming to New England in free agency makes a lot of sense.
He does not say that about guys on the team, but opponents, he makes them sound like hall of famers.

Malcolm Butler has been released by the Titans.

Back