Report: Patriots moving on from Belichick per Tom Curran

I've seen this report. I don't know what to think about it. If it was the Tom Curran of a few years ago, I'd give it some credit.
But I noticed a couple of years ago that Tom has seemed to be joining the race with the younger media to throw out things that have not been totally vetted.
He could be right or he could be wrong, either way he's getting the clicks and attention right now, which seems to be all important in today’s media.

I've seen this report. I don't know what to think about it. If it was the Tom Curran of a few years ago, I'd give it some credit.
But I noticed a couple of years ago that Tom has seemed to be joining the race with the younger media to throw out things that have not been totally vetted.
He could be right or he could be wrong, either way he's getting the clicks and attention right now, which seems to be all important in today’s media.
Yeah, I was hesitant to post this, but you never know if it's clickbait or genuine.

I won't take his word for it. Curran has gotten a number of things wrong the past few years. He was fuming when Tom Brady did that podcast where he heaped praise on Bill, and Bill did the same as it torpedoed Curran's claim that the Brady departure had been acrimonious. I remember when Peter King interviewed Curran, and he was literally fuming about this.

I get the impression that a few people in the Pat's building give Curran wrong info deliberately and allow him to put it out there.

Last edited:
Curran is getting his name dropped on every sports talk show today over this. either Pats are moving on or they are not, so kinda 50-50, and he gets the attention now.
if he happens to be right, then he can gloat how he "had the story". if he's wrong then they he will ignore it.

I call this the "National Enquirer Psychic's predictions for (year)".... remember my mother would buy this when I was a kid and they'd have all these wacky predictions. if even one came true in even the vaguest of ways, they'd be crowing how "they predicted it" (and ignoring all the ones that were completely wrong)

Like most of you, I have next to no faith in Curran. However, I also think he is right on this one. Call it the broken clock is right twice a day.

If Tom Curran described in detail the shape, girth, and taste of the penis of Tom Brady Sr, I would believe him on that. He sure loved him some Brady Sr.

Like most of you, I have next to no faith in Curran. However, I also think he is right on this one. Call it the broken clock is right twice a day.

If Tom Curran described in detail the shape, girth, and taste of the penis of Tom Brady Sr, I would believe him on that. He sure loved him some Brady Sr.
I regret that I can't unread what I just read.

Curran is getting his name dropped on every sports talk show today over this. either Pats are moving on or they are not, so kinda 50-50, and he gets the attention now.
if he happens to be right, then he can gloat how he "had the story". if he's wrong then they he will ignore it.

I call this the "National Enquirer Psychic's predictions for (year)".... remember my mother would buy this when I was a kid and they'd have all these wacky predictions. if even one came true in even the vaguest of ways, they'd be crowing how "they predicted it" (and ignoring all the ones that were completely wrong)

You know, if Phil Perry had co-signed this I might be more inclined to believe it but he didn't. All Perry would say is that "It would be right of them to ask if BB is the right guy to lead the team in 2024 and beyond".
I don't think Curran or any other media member knows anything about Kraft's plans. I've asked my buddies if they've heard anything and all I get are shrugs & "I haven't heard a thing".
HS is absolutely correct that no one would drop this to the media and certainly not to Tom E.
People/fans who want BB gone will believe his story. People who don't, won't. 50-50. Meanwhile Curran gets the clicks he's after. If BB stays "they changed their minds", big deal.

I continue to believe that Kraft thinks and feels BB has earned the right to decide for himself about his future after guiding Kraft's team for 20+ historical years of unparalleled success and monetary gain for the Kraft family. Besides, and this what people are forgetting, they know too much about each other after 20 years & there's too much at stake for them to parts ways angry with each other. BB will decide his future. That's been my position all year and I'm sticking to it despite Curran's claim.

View: https://twitter.com/bostonradio/status/1734919924449996890

Last edited:
You know, if Phil Perry had co-signed this I might be more inclined to believe it but he didn't and he didn't for good reason.
I don't think Curran or any other media member knows anything about Kraft's plans. I've asked my buddies if they've heard anything and all I get are shrugs & "I haven't heard a thing".
HS is absolutely correct that no one would drop this to the media and certainly not to Tom E.
People/fans who want BB gone will believe his story. People who don't, won't. 50-50. Meanwhile Curran gets the clicks he's after.

I continue to believe that Kraft thinks and feels BB has earned the right to decide for himself about his future after guiding Kraft's team for 20+ historical years of unparalleled success and monetary gain for the Kraft family. Besides, and this what people are forgetting, they know too much about each other after 20 years & there's too much at stake for them to parts ways angry with each other. BB will decide his future. That's been my position all year and I'm sticking to it despite Curran's claim.

AKA, FUCK Curran.

The two guys with the longest tenure at Patriots.com, Perrilo and Kirsch, think BB is gone. Both claim not to have any inside knowledge. Kirsch reports directly to RKK.

Also think it's common knowledge how much effort the Patriots made to make a good showing in Germany but then laid a stinker.

There's a lot of smoke.

The two guys with the longest tenure at Patriots.com, Perrilo and Kirsch, think BB is gone. Both claim not to have any inside knowledge. Kirsch reports directly to RKK.

Also think it's common knowledge how much effort the Patriots made to make a good showing in Germany but then laid a stinker.

There's a lot of smoke.

FTR, I'm not arguing that BB is staying. I'm arguing that Kraft will give BB the courtesy to make the decision.

I'm voting with the, "Yes, he'll be gone" crowd. And I agree that the decision was made some weeks ago.:eagerness:

it wouldnt surprise me

but Curran hasn't been relevant or credible in a long time and is now part of the click bait brigade.. its more important to be first than it is to be right

Back