Retractions

INPatFan

Reaction score
Not that I expect any, but have any "reporters" addressed in any way the inaccuracies they have reported as facts?

Number one in my mind is the report (Mortenson?) the the Colts' linebacker (Jackson) brought the ball intercepted in the 2nd qtr to the sideline and told his coaches it felt light or underinflated. Jackson has completely refuted this, saying he only wanted the ball as a memento.

Has Mortenson commented? Has anyone pressed Mortenson on this?

Hahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah!!!!!!

Apparantley, as pointed out in the ball thread, The articles said jackson handed it to staff who noticed..

Not that I expect any, but have any "reporters" addressed in any way the inaccuracies they have reported as facts?

Number one in my mind is the report (Mortenson?) the the Colts' linebacker (Jackson) brought the ball intercepted in the 2nd qtr to the sideline and told his coaches it felt light or underinflated. Jackson has completely refuted this, saying he only wanted the ball as a memento.

Has Mortenson commented? Has anyone pressed Mortenson on this?

Mortenson tweeted yesterday that he believes Belichick

I doubt it, and honestly I wouldn't hold your breath on bad reporting being held accountable.

Has anyone from the Colts organization stepped up and said that they requested the officials to look at the footballs?

The only two things I've heard from the Colts is Pagano saying he had no idea about this and a similar statement from Jackson. The only thing I've seen linking this to us at all are various "reports."

Like I said in the main thread, I'm not convinced we were even involved at this point.

Somebody said D'Qwell noticed that the ball was under inflated. It may not have been Mortensen, but I specifically remember reading that

Somebody said D'Qwell noticed that the ball was under inflated. It may not have been Mortensen, but I specifically remember reading that

Yeah I believe that was Mort's initial finding.

Which is aparently nonsense unless you think Jackson was just making up his statement (which I can't really think of a reason for him to do so)

Jackson is now on record as stating he did not notice anything wrong with the ball.

The only other thing I've heard from a member of the Colts was Pagano which was basically "hear no evil, see no evil." Everything else has been "reports."

Like I said, I'm not convinced at this point we're even involved.

The only other thing I've heard from a member of the Colts was Pagano which was basically "hear no evil, see no evil." Everything else has been "reports."

Like I said, I'm not convinced at this point we're even involved.

Nothing confirmed, no. Jackson says that he INT'd the ball, gave it to the ball boy to hold so that he can keep the ball. I'm thinking the ball boy noticed the ball was under inflated and reported it. Totally believable to me.

It was clearly reported that Jackson started this.

NEW YORK —Sources tell SportsCenter 5's Mike Lynch that D'Qwell Jackson, of the Indianapolis Colts, intercepted a pass before the end of the first half of the AFC Championship game against the New England Patriots Sunday night and told his equipment manager that the ball felt under-inflated, leading to the so-called 'deflategate' controversy.

According to sources, the equipment manager then informed the Colts' head coach, Chuck Pagano, who then informed the team's general manager, Ryan Grigson.

Grigson then called the National Football League's director of field operations, who then called the locker room and spoke with the officials on the field at halftime.

During the first play coming back from halftime, there was a delay to the game while official changed the football being used on the field.

Sources told Lynch that several footballs were taken out of play during the game Sunday night, but that's not unusual and there have been times in previous games that officials have changed footballs during play due to factors such as air temperature changed that cause the ball to over or under inflate.

Which has been refuted by both Grigson and Jackson.

:shrug:

Keep in mind it's also been reported the league already knew about this and was planning to check the balls at halftime anyway. Hell, lots of things have been "reported."

Nothing confirmed, no. Jackson says that he INT'd the ball, gave it to the ball boy to hold so that he can keep the ball. I'm thinking the ball boy noticed the ball was under inflated and reported it. Totally believable to me.

Its that kind of attention to detail that gets you promoted to Gatorade guy.

:D

Which all leads me to beleive the balls used in the first half were exactly as they were approved by the responsible NFL official.

I know the pump is supplied by the home team, but is the gauge used by this official an NFL gauge or a Patriots guage. Does the official simply trust the gauge on the pump? What gauge was used to check the balls later? Are all gauges calibrated correctly. If the same gauge was used in all cases, then there's no way in my mind the balls were tampered with. There would be video eveidence of a ballboy or other person handling at least 11 of 12 balls in that bag, in the few minutes the Patriots had access to them before the game started. IMO, the balls used in the first half were as approved by the official.

Which has been refuted by both Grigson and Jackson.

:shrug:

Keep in mind it's also been reported the league already knew about this and was planning to check the balls at halftime anyway. Hell, lots of things have been "reported."

So, you are saying that the NFL was in a sting operation during the AFCCG which determines the team going to the Super Bowl?

No, I'm saying that was reported to have happened not that it did. I don't know what the **** happened.

If that was true, I really don't know if I could watch non-Patriot NFL games again. And I'm a football freak.

Back