RG3 to the Skins

chef

4th Dimensional Guitar Hero
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Washington Redskins traded three first-round draft picks and a second-round pick to St. Louis for second overall pick in a trade first reported by @JayGlazer.

Pretty big news. Happy with that, RGIII goes to the NFC.
3 firsts? Rams did pretty dam well

edit: can someone edit the title to say Redskins

Pending the Colts decide to not go with luck and go with him instead. That would put a monkey wrench in that idea. Of course, who knows what will happen.

As soon as I heard this my first thought was I am so happy the Pats do the opposite of this every year. The RG3 had better have the skills of Vick and Brady put together for this to work out for the Skins. He may be that good, but looking at him I really don't think he will be able to take hits at the NFL level. I would not be surprised to see him miss multiple games a year due to injury ala Vick, allthough he does have some size on Vick. Lets say he is Cam Newton status. How the hell do you build a team around him? If I were a Rams fan I would be thrilled right now.

Lol same old Skins.

3 firsts? Holy shit! Herschel-esque trade by the Rams there. good work from their front office.

And if Griffen is going to be as good as I think he is (although now that he's with Shanny that might destroy that theory), it just might work out for the Redskins too.

Rams struck gold with that trade. :coffee:

Checking out Extremeskins and about 95% love the trade.

Sorry, but I'm siding with the 5% who thinks that was way too much. RGIII BETTER be a franchise QB and pretty damn quickly for the Redskins just to break even. They are not only giving up three #1 picks, those picks are very likely to be very high #1 picks.

Rams fans should be ecstatic; if BB did something like that I'd be suicidal.

If RGIII is not a franchise QB the Redskins set themselves back for a full decade.

3 firsts? Holy shit! Herschel-esque trade by the Rams there. good work from their front office.

And if Griffen is going to be as good as I think he is (although now that he's with Shanny that might destroy that theory), it just might work out for the Redskins too.

3 Firsts plus there second rounder this year, if the Rams draft smartly they just put themselves in a position to contend for the next decade.

This just in....Commissioner Goodell has ruled that, due to their Bountygate participation when Greg Williams was their DC, the Redskins will forfeit this year's #1 pick.

>) :stirpot:

If i were a skins fan id be elated. I cant like this guy enough.
Really it wasnt 3 firsts, it was two and a second. I dont like how everyone says 3 firsts makes it sound a lot more than it actually is - two 1sts and a second to draft RG3.

I also like the move - chances are he will explode in that skins offense, i really hope he does well. Unless playing the pats.

If i were a skins fan id be elated. I cant like this guy enough.
Really it wasnt 3 firsts, it was two and a second. I dont like how everyone says 3 firsts makes it sound a lot more than it actually is - two 1sts and a second to draft RG3.

It's 3 firsts AND a second

2012 first and second, 2013 and 14 firsts

He seems to be a god kid, so I whish him the best of luck too. It's a risky move by the Skins. They are putting a lot of eggs into the RG III basket, so Griffin better becomes a franchise qb for them. They'll have to give him some help on offense where they don't have much outside of Fred Davis. Maybe one of their many RBs will step it up and provide some help running the ball, but they'll still need another receiving threat. Since they don't have the picks to draft one, they'll have to look for one via free agency. Maybe Vincent Jackson. He would fit the typical big name they ususally go after.
Posted via Mobile Device

I like RG3 and I think he'll be a top tier QB one day but I don't ever think he'll be an elite QB unless his pocket presence improves at a much faster pace than has Vick's. The Rams just pulled a massive sting operation on the Skins and ironically, the Rams had the Skins full permission to do it. I mean, damn, didn't we get BB for 1 first from the Jets?

But they also get a first in return, so they 'only' lose two first rounders and a second.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't know how i forgot that. Still a hefty price. 2 firsts and a second to move up 3 spots

Back