Rollercoaster death

I always though the bigger places like Six flags and such were ran by the state so that the rides and everything can be tested and passed by engineer's and such, but its actually the park that manages its own safety regs and process. I was a bit surprised by that.

I am not sure how they inspect rides in Texas, but in Indiana, the parks that Six Flagsish (don't move every week) are inspected once a year. The park has workers who walk the track and run the rides before the park opens and the regular ride ops come in. If the workers testing the coasters see any issues, they will not open the ride (this could be as simple as a bolt loose or as complicated as replacing part of a wooden track if the park desires to). I am not sure how the traveling carnivals work, but I imagine there is a certified inspector hired by each of the carnivals to look at rides.

yeah you will not catch me near that...that room that spins around with everyone against the wall.....there is not enough money to get me on that thing.

That thing was the worst ride ever. My friend says no it's not that bad i promise. Yeah well she's lucky my stomach kept it all in. HORRIBLE.

I am a huge fan of ruler coasters although my stomach can't seem to handle them like it used to. There is just something about the rush that makes it so much fun. Same reason why I'd wanna go sky diving, but i promised the future hubs i won't do it.

That being said I've got a season pass to six flags and will continue using it. I have the same chance of dying in a car crash, or a heart attack. I mean you just don't know so you might as well enjoy life a little bit! That's if you like those things. I still refuse to go on a motorcycle lol tried it once and I'm all set!

That thing was the worst ride ever. My friend says no it's not that bad i promise. Yeah well she's lucky my stomach kept it all in. HORRIBLE.

I am a huge fan of ruler coasters although my stomach can't seem to handle them like it used to. There is just something about the rush that makes it so much fun. Same reason why I'd wanna go sky diving, but i promised the future hubs i won't do it.

That being said I've got a season pass to six flags and will continue using it. I have the same chance of dying in a car crash, or a heart attack. I mean you just don't know so you might as well enjoy life a little bit! That's if you like those things. I still refuse to go on a motorcycle lol tried it once and I'm all set!

My fear is not dying on a roller coaster, my fear is being strapped in something I do not want to be on and hurled around a track with no control until its done....

My fear is not dying on a roller coaster, my fear is being strapped in something I do not want to be on and hurled around a track with no control until its done....

Sounds like your not a bondage type of guy:coffee:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/baFQEX6SrVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D873BvetoWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I spent many summers riding the coasters at Lincoln Park and Rocky Point. I love 'em!

The old wooden coaster at Paragon Park... loved that place...

Sounds like your not a bondage type of guy:coffee:

I have control issues, it probably came from the navy. I do not like being on something I cannot get off of...its a mental thing. I have to be able to control something or stop and get off when I want....therapist said it was from when I was out at sea and away from my family and long times away from land. I happen to do something not many people did. I was did two med cruises in 4 years, usually you only do one, but a war broke out and such, and well thats a different story. Anyway...yeah I have some issues.:coffee:

My favorite wooden coaster.
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JtUj-sEq3JE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Favorite steel coaster.
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Eiw0q1XI8F8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Favorite wacky coaster (this used to be a powered dark ride and they converted it into a coaster).
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pmwbwdSSKys" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Back