sauce: mac-jones-hit-me-in-my-private-parts

On PFT Florio thinks Mac deserves the electric chair. What a fucking dink...LOL...
You spelled "fucking dink" wrong.

The correct spelling is "absolute, complete, totally biased, moronic, chowder-headed, lying, cheating, sniveling weasel and corporate-sellout fucktard."

But you were close. :biggrin:

On PFT Florio thinks Mac deserves the electric chair. What a fucking dink...LOL...
Never has there been a more stark contrast than exists right now between Detroit sports radio (97.1 The Fan you can test me the station is available on Apple radio) and the absolute garbage on Boston sports radio. I have to ask those of you still local to the Boston market a question:

What is it about Boston sports fans that they flock to the stations that rip on their teams the most? Clearly it works because each of the two stations are fighting over who can be the biggest idiots when it comes to the Patriots. it’s kind of a serious question. What is the psychological issue?

For the 30 years I have lived in Michigan, the Lions have sucked, but the local sports jockeys have been honest about it. They try to have fun even when the team is terrible. Yes, they’re having orgasms right now on the radio but the crying out loud they flipping deserve it. The fans deserve it.

And with a few exceptions on here, I’m not referring to any of you.

Never has there been a more stark contrast than exists right now between Detroit sports radio (97.1 The Fan you can test me the station is available on Apple radio) and the absolute garbage on Boston sports radio. I have to ask those of you still local to the Boston market a question:

What is it about Boston sports fans that they flock to the stations that rip on their teams the most? Clearly it works because each of the two stations are fighting over who can be the biggest idiots when it comes to the Patriots. it’s kind of a serious question. What is the psychological issue?

For the 30 years I have lived in Michigan, the Lions have sucked, but the local sports jockeys have been honest about it. They try to have fun even when the team is terrible. Yes, they’re having orgasms right now on the radio but the crying out loud they flipping deserve it. The fans deserve it.

And with a few exceptions on here, I’m not referring to any of you.

I don't live in Boston, but I can take a guess that it's a combination of a few things.

1. Envy from reporters who are die-hard Red Sox reporters at heart and resent the rose of the Patriots for some reason.

2. The success of Boston as the number 1 sports city In the US is unquestionable and has driven insane expectations, so when the teams don't meet those, the reporters let rip, as do many fans. Every year, a Boston sports team does not compete for a championship in the end, is a disaster.

3. Bill Belichick. Bill just does not play the game they would like. He gives them nothing, is not intimated by them, doesn't care about them and the egos in the media cannot stand that. You clearly see that with the likes of Curran, who doesn't hide his distaste for Bill at all.

The lone exception continues to be Mike Reiss.

I don't live in Boston, but I can take a guess that it's a combination of a few things.

1. Envy from reporters who are die-hard Red Sox reporters at heart and resent the rose of the Patriots for some reason.

2. The success of Boston as the number 1 sports city In the US is unquestionable and has driven insane expectations, so when the teams don't meet those, the reporters let rip, as do many fans. Every year, a Boston sports team does not compete for a championship in the end, is a disaster.

3. Bill Belichick. Bill just does not play the game they would like. He gives them nothing, is not intimated by them, doesn't care about them and the egos in the media cannot stand that. You clearly see that with the likes of Curran, who doesn't hide his distaste for Bill at all.

You might be on to something with #3.

I think there is definitely Bill Belichick hate amongst the media. But I think number 2 more closely answers my question. The fans drive the content on the sports radio programs when they decide which to listen to. And the fans that call in are just as idiotic as the sports jockeys on the radio. It's weird. It's like they're not fans at all. When I hear fans call and to the local station here in Detroit, there is joy and passion and hope and nowadays a little bit deliriousness. But that was going on all along here. It's totally void in Boston on the radio. I know there are diehard Boston sports fans in New England. But they're not the ones that are listening to these idiots and calling in. I do think there's some sort of psychological issue tied to the area.

I stopped tuning in to either station a few years ago. The desire among local media to bury Belichick is very real and almost universal. As others have stated, he's never been willing to play their silly games and his disdain for them, in some cases very open, have made them genuinely despise him. Now that the team is no longer dominating, they view him as vulnerable and revenge is on their minds. Finally, the theory that the blowhard "fans" who repeatedly call both stations are representative of the feelings of most fans is false. Sports talk radio here is absolutely a shitshow.

Back