Saw Randy Moss today

Akrobatik

Oh crikey!
Reaction score
Randy Moss was eating dinner next to me at Long Horn at North Attleboro.

He was eating with a steeler player. Anyway, he is one tall ass dude. Looks mad chill.

Box_O_Rocks on 12-08-2007 at 01:10 AM said:
I wonder if it was the safety who used to play with him in Minnesota? Did he recommend any dish that would give his buddy the screaming runs? :fire:

lol, Tyler Durden recommends the clam chowder. >)

co9.jpg
new_england_clam_chowder250.jpg

That's pretty cool. I'm always taken aback when I see a star athlete in person. And sometimes they are so tall! Once, I got to meet Bill Walton, when he was with the Celtics in 1986. Anyway, he was unbelievably tall to me, and skinny looking for his height. When he bent over to sign autographs, it looked very unnatural.

I kind of hope there weren't alot of people bothering him, although we all love what he's doing with our local team. Gotta give a person some time to just relax.

Akrobatik on 12-08-2007 at 12:58 AM said:
Randy Moss was eating dinner next to me at Long Horn at North Attleboro.

He was eating with a steeler player. Anyway, he is one tall ass dude. Looks mad chill.

Details, please! (1) I'm from CA - is Long Horn a steak house or something? (2) How did you know it was a Steeler player? Did you recognize him or was he flying his team colors? (3) I'm from another time zone - what does "mad chill" mean? and finally (4) Did Randy ask about me?? :D

Box_O_Rocks on 12-08-2007 at 01:10 AM said:
I wonder if it was the safety who used to play with him in Minnesota?
I bet it was Anthony Smith.

:)

Thats sick, James Blake ate dinner at my house a couple times but hes a tennis player so i doesn't count

My daughter-in-law (a denist with her own practice) worked on Troy Brown's teeth 3 or 4 summers ago. When she told him what a big fan her father-in-law was of him he autographed her business card for her to give to me.
I've seen Troy, Randy Moss, Chad Pennington, Byron Leftwich, and most of the other more than 20 ex- Marshall Univ. current NFL players (I think 4 of them are PATS) both on and off the field during their days in Huntington. The 4 I mentioned make visits to the area on a yearly basis. Troy has a residence here.
Speaking of Randy: He is a moody, sometimes mad at the world, type of guy when dealing with adults (especially sports reporters and commentators). But he is great with children. He makes nearly annual visits to the Charleston, WV area where he signs autographs for young children (just keep the adults out of the line). He usually then takes a large group of underpriveledged children and parents on a day long outting to an amusement park or some other activity hundreds of miles away at his expense. He really is patient and giving when children are involved. The RAND University deal is a "shout out" to his friends in Rand, WV where he was born and raised. Randy played at Dupont High in Rand and spent 2 years at Marshall Univ. before going pro.
He is the most graceful athlete I've ever seen in person. He makes the impossible look routine and does so in what appears to be an effortless way. He gets a bad, undeserved, rap from the scorned sports media about not going all out. Randy IS a competitor and as long as those around him are giving their best you can count on him doing the same. His career numbers are not those of a slacker - they speak for themselves.

blevins29 on 12-08-2007 at 10:37 AM said:
My daughter-in-law (a denist with her own practice) worked on Troy Brown's teeth 3 or 4 summers ago. When she told him what a big fan her father-in-law was of him he autographed her business card for her to give to me.
I've seen Troy, Randy Moss, Chad Pennington, Byron Leftwich, and most of the other more than 20 ex- Marshall Univ. current NFL players (I think 4 of them are PATS) both on and off the field during their days in Huntington. The 4 I mentioned make visits to the area on a yearly basis. Troy has a residence here.
Speaking of Randy: He is a moody, sometimes mad at the world, type of guy when dealing with adults (especially sports reporters and commentators). But he is great with children. He makes nearly annual visits to the Charleston, WV area where he signs autographs for young children (just keep the adults out of the line). He usually then takes a large group of underpriveledged children and parents on a day long outting to an amusement park or some other activity hundreds of miles away at his expense. He really is patient and giving when children are involved. The RAND University deal is a "shout out" to his friends in Rand, WV where he was born and raised. Randy played at Dupont High in Rand and spent 2 years at Marshall Univ. before going pro.
He is the most graceful athlete I've ever seen in person. He makes the impossible look routine and does so in what appears to be an effortless way. He gets a bad, undeserved, rap from the scorned sports media about not going all out. Randy IS a competitor and as long as those around him are giving their best you can count on him doing the same. His career numbers are not those of a slacker - they speak for themselves.

Thanks for this great post. It is always a pleasure to get information about our guys from sources other than biased media types. I was curious as to what that "RAND" intro was - now I know. ps - yr D-in-Law must be a good dentist b/c Troy has a great smile! :D

Re: Re: Saw Randy Moss today

oldbagfan on 12-08-2007 at 08:30 AM said:
Details, please! (1) I'm from CA - is Long Horn a steak house or something? (2) How did you know it was a Steeler player? Did you recognize him or was he flying his team colors? (3) I'm from another time zone - what does "mad chill" mean? and finally (4) Did Randy ask about me?? :D

I can only answer that longhorn's is a steakhouse ;) think of it as a little better than an Outback's but less than a Ruth Cris steakhouse :thumb:

blevins29 on 12-08-2007 at 10:37 AM said:

Excellent post. This Appy State team is about as good as the Randy Moss Division I-AA Marshall team, but not quite. That was the greatest Division I-AA team ever, by a long shot.

Re: Re: Saw Randy Moss today

oldbagfan on 12-08-2007 at 08:30 AM said:

Long Horn is a steak house. I knew it was a steeler because he was wearing all Steeler gear.

Re: Re: Re: Saw Randy Moss today

Akrobatik on 12-08-2007 at 02:23 PM said:
Long Horn is a steak house. I knew it was a steeler because he was wearing all Steeler gear.

Well that explains that then. But why the fork would Randy be fraternizing with the enemy! Do you think he was selling out our playbook :eek: or paying off the rival for theirs :D

Re: Re: Re: Saw Randy Moss today

Akrobatik on 12-08-2007 at 02:23 PM said:

If he was wearing Steeler gear, it probably wasn't a player. I remember reading the NFL has some sort of rule against wearing team colors in public due to security issues. Isn't Moss from West Virginia? Maybe it was a relative or friend from WVA who happens to be a Steeler fan.

Steve-o on 12-08-2007 at 01:52 PM said:
It was lobster bisque. :thumb:

Near the end of the movie there was a joke about Marla Singer not ordering the clam chowder, thats what i was refering to. Plus its a little more geographic appropriate.:thumb:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Saw Randy Moss today

EasyBigFella* on 12-08-2007 at 02:55 PM said:
If he was wearing Steeler gear, it probably wasn't a player. I remember reading the NFL has some sort of rule against wearing team colors in public due to security issues. Isn't Moss from West Virginia? Maybe it was a relative or friend from WVA who happens to be a Steeler fan.

Well, Moss was wearing a Giants cap... lol

One player on the Steelers (sorry, can't remember who) said he is 'best friends' with Randy Moss. Just read that in an article. So it could have very well been a Steeler player.

As for meeting players. I've met alot of the Pats. I dated a girl who worked at the Dunkin Donuts on Rte 1 in the direction toward 495. Tom Brady was without a doubt the thrill of a lifetime for me. He came in with Koppen and Light and ordered a large hot chocolate and 4 cookies. He was very polite and gave a good tip. The girls behind the counter were dying and you could tell he was embarrassed and seemed a little uncomfortable with a few squeales. I have to admit, he is a very good looking guy and is alot taller and bigger (broader) than I would have thought.

I wondered why he didn't use the drive thru and all of a sudden more players showed up, sat for a few minutes and took off. They were in pretty good moods and seemed to have plans to follow each other somewhere.

The other players besides Koppen, Light and Brady were Cassel, Dave Thomas, Ben Watson, Kaczur, Josh Miller and Caldwell.

DrewWho on 12-08-2007 at 05:31 PM said:
One player on the Steelers (sorry, can't remember who) said he is 'best friends' with Randy Moss. Just read that in an article. So it could have very well been a Steeler player.

As for meeting players. I've met alot of the Pats. I dated a girl who worked at the Dunkin Donuts on Rte 1 in the direction toward 495. Tom Brady was without a doubt the thrill of a lifetime for me. He came in with Koppen and Light and ordered a large hot chocolate and 4 cookies. He was very polite and gave a good tip. The girls behind the counter were dying and you could tell he was embarrassed and seemed a little uncomfortable with a few squeales. I have to admit, he is a very good looking guy and is alot taller and bigger (broader) than I would have thought.

I wondered why he didn't use the drive thru and all of a sudden more players showed up, sat for a few minutes and took off. They were in pretty good moods and seemed to have plans to follow each other somewhere.

The other players besides Koppen, Light and Brady were Cassel, Dave Thomas, Ben Watson, Kaczur, Josh Miller and Caldwell.

Nice that you guys get to "bump into" these people.. Up here, I got to meet "Tewks" at a Portland Sea Dog game lol.. My one brush with greatness!

Back