SB LI adult beverages - NE style

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Neighbors are hosting this years SB party, they are from Iowa but are converted DIE HARD Pats fans, they even brough us back some Pats gear from Aruba! We are looking for something specific to NE or Boston, preferably something with either rum or vodka but we're open to whatever(not beer). Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Neighbors are hosting this years SB party, they are from Iowa but are converted DIE HARD Pats fans, they even brough us back some Pats gear from Aruba! We are looking for something specific to NE or Boston, preferably something with either rum or vodka but we're open to whatever(not beer). Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Jameson:shrug_n:

~Dee~

~Dee~

I should have been more specific, we're looking for something mixed, as in Mai Tai, Margarita, etc, etc. If anyone can help me out it's youse guys.

I should have been more specific, we're looking for something mixed, as in Mai Tai, Margarita, etc, etc. If anyone can help me out it's youse guys.

Irish coffee I got nothing.

~Dee~

Finding a few on the net, Boston Sidecar, Cape Codder, anyone tried these?

You mean vodka and cranberry yeah I may have had a few in my day.

The sidecar no.

Drew Bledsoe has a winery not sure if you'll be able to get any but…….

~Dee~

You excluded beer, so I'm out.
For the record, I will have a strictly Boston based beer assortment for the game:

Sam Winter
Sam Cold Snap
Sam Hopscape
Wachusett Winter

I was going to say cape codder simple to make.

You mean vodka and cranberry yeah I may have had a few in my day.

The sidecar no.

Drew Bledsoe has a winery not sure if you'll be able to get any but…….

~Dee~

"Sangaree was the colonial-era precursor of sangria, the Spanish wine-based drink. Though six versions of sangaree would appear in Jerry Thomas' Bar-Tenders' Guide of 1862, the drink's roots stretched further back: Sangaree supposedly originated in London in the mid-1700s, long before the term "cocktail" was in use. Sangaree became popular in the West Indies and later, the colonies.

Instead of Rioja or some other Spanish red, this wine-based punch drew on fortified wine such as Madeira or port. Combined with lemon juice, sugar, and nutmeg, it was served singly in its own glass, rather than from a communal bowl. Using fortified wine lends the drink a slightly more brooding quality than sangria. "

or try this link

Here's 6 options:

The Green Monsta. A popular version consists of two parts Pernod Absinthe, one part simple syrup, and a splash of soda water, served in a martini glass and topped with mint leaves. You can try it at Red Sky Restaurant and Lounge (16 North St., Faneuil Hall/Government Center).

The Boston Cooler. According to The Fine Art of Mixing Drinks author Dave Embury, this drink is a Horse's Neck with a kick. Mix 2 oz. rum, 1/4 oz. simple syrup, 1/2 oz. lemon juice, and soda water or ginger ale. Shake the first three ingredients, and serve in a highball glass garnished with a spiral of lemon or orange peel.

The Ward Eight. Also known as The Ward 8, this most famous Boston cocktail originated in 1898 in Boston at the bar of the Gilded Age restaurant Locke-Ober, according to San Francisco-based bartender Jennifer Colliau, and is still served there, too (3 Winter Place, Downtown Crossing). Combine 2 oz. rye whiskey, 3/4 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice, and 1/2 oz. real pomegranate grenadine. Shake and strain into a (preferably chilled) cocktail glass.

Boston Sour. Drink (348 Congress St., Fort Point/Innovation District) is menu-less, but the bar serves the best kind of its namesake. Their Boston Sour recipe first appeared in Burkes Complete Cocktail and Tastybite Recipes in 1936: Pour 2 oz. rye or bourbon, 1 egg white, 1/4 oz. simple syrup, and 1/2 oz. lemon juice into a Collins glass and fill with soda water.

The Bostonian. Its a drink for both gin lovers and haters. I'm not a huge fan of gin, but when this is done right, it's delicious, said Boston resident John Galvin. It's made from 1 1/2 oz. gin, 3/4 oz. Italian vermouth, and 1/2 oz. lime juice, and typically garnished with a pickled onion.

The Boston Mule. This cocktail varies from location to location, but it's always sweeter than the name makes it sound. Woodward's (1 Court St., Faneuil Hall/Government Center) makes an attractive version with Absolut Wild Tea, AJ Stephans ginger beer, and spearmint leaves.

http://archive.boston.com/lifestyle...n/2011/11/toast_of_the_town_6_boston-the.html

For the record, I will have a strictly Boston based beer assortment for the game:

Sam Winter
Sam Cold Snap
Sam Hopscape
Wachusett Winter

Dear Mr. Bedeau,

I am writing to call you out on your recent post that exhibits beer snobbery inaccuracies, as well as geographical ones.
!. Your post clearly states that you will have a "strictly Boston based beer assortment". This is completely untrue, since you listed Wachusett Winter, which is brewed in Westminster, MA which is NOT strictly located in Boston. This brings up the issue of why you would not include fine beers brewed in Cambridge, Monson, South Deerfield, and other locations in the state of Massachusetts. This also begs the question of why you wouldn't include some of the excellent choices of beers produced throughout New England, even though you are hosting a party celebrating the on-field dynamics of the NEW ENGLAND Patriots, which do not, in fact even play their home games in the city of Boston.

2. If you were limiting your selections to the brewers of Boston, it seems remiss that you'd only include selections from the (albeit honorable) large producer of beers, Sam Adams, and then ignore the contributions of other Boston producers, such as Trillium and Harpoon.

Yours in beer, bishbash

Dear Mr. Bedeau,

I am writing to call you out on your recent post that exhibits beer snobbery inaccuracies, as well as geographical ones.
!. Your post clearly states that you will have a "strictly Boston based beer assortment". This is completely untrue, since you listed Wachusett Winter, which is brewed in Westminster, MA which is NOT strictly located in Boston. This brings up the issue of why you would not include fine beers brewed in Cambridge, Monson, South Deerfield, and other locations in the state of Massachusetts. This also begs the question of why you wouldn't include some of the excellent choices of beers produced throughout New England, even though you are hosting a party celebrating the on-field dynamics of the NEW ENGLAND Patriots, which do not, in fact even play their home games in the city of Boston.

Westminster is close enough to Boston (I'm a Fitchburg native). I do like BBC, but hard to find in many places.

2. If you were limiting your selections to the brewers of Boston, it seems remiss that you'd only include selections from the (albeit honorable) large producer of beers, Sam Adams, and then ignore the contributions of other Boston producers, such as Trillium and Harpoon.

Harpoon Winter sucks big time. Harpoon IPA is not nearly as good in the bottle as it is on tap And my local packie is somewhat limited in choices.

Yours in beer, bishbash

:toast:

~Dee~
this

Jameson and ice?

this

Sam Winter
Sam Cold Snap
Sam Hopscape
Wachusett Winter

Normally I would go this route, but there is a very special treat in the O.Z.O. man cave refrigerator-

a 6-pack of Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout provided by an honorable member of this forum.

25 oz. bottle as well.

Not a big mixed drink guy but this would work.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aaron-mccargo-jr/spiked-apple-cider-cocktails-recipe.html

I'm a huge bourban fan. If it was me, I would go outside of the box and make a big batch of mint juleps.

We save the mint juleps for the KD plus it's a southern drink and the Atlanta Falcons are representing that area. Keeping this strictly NE or Boston based but thanks for the link and info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Mr. Bedeau,

Yours in beer, bishbash
Westminster is close enough to Boston (I'm a Fitchburg native). I do like BBC, but hard to find in many places.

Harpoon Winter sucks big time. Harpoon IPA is not nearly as good in the bottle as it is on tap And my local packie is somewhat limited in choices.

:toast:
trillium is in my town. I need to hit there some day next week after work for a tasting.

I'm trying to find some Mass breweries that ship to Indiana other than Sam Adams. Sam is fine, but just looking for something different. Clown Shoes is the only other I've been able to confirm so far.

Back