Shannon Sharpe Special

CleatMarks

Reaction score
Watching the special on NFL network. I know we like to bust his balls but what a story! All of that bravado being a cover for his fear that his family would end up poor again. It really gives you a different view of the man. If you missed it, you should try and catch it.

Watching the special on NFL network. I know we like to bust his balls but what a story! All of that bravado being a cover for his fear that his family would end up poor again. It really gives you a different view of the man. If you missed it, you should try and catch it.
Last night was Sabol - just fabulous. I'm dvr'ing them all. Haven't watched Sharpe yet. Faulk and Sanders tomorrow, Don't know if I'll actually watch the Faulk - I sorta doubt it.

Cheers

Last night was Sabol - just fabulous. I'm dvr'ing them all. Haven't watched Sharpe yet. Faulk and Sanders tomorrow, Don't know if I'll actually watch the Faulk - I sorta doubt it.

Cheers

I missed that one...I'll catch it next time it's on.

I thought I might end up turning off the Shannon Sharpe one but man, what a story.

I missed that one...I'll catch it next time it's on.

I thought I might end up turning off the Shannon Sharpe one but man, what a story.

First of all, Sabol is in that rare school of GoofBall/Genius. He spent his life (when he wasn't filming football) filming himself and his "self" stuff is amazing, a real trip.

2nd, he basically shot his own documentary. All the football footage and most of the "Big Ed" Sabol footage.

3rd, It's amazing that this driven, self-promoting, PT Barnumesque character almost singlehandedly turned this third place male only pro sport into the farking behemoth that it is today.

No non-player ever deserved the HOF more.

You'll love it.

Cheer, BostonTim

I like Shannon Sharpe. I know he's a Pats hater, etc., but I separate that and think he's a pretty funny dude. Maybe it was the first Hard Knocks with the Ravens that made me like the guy.

I usually can't understand a word he says, but that's probably why he doesn't bother me. I like Sterling much better, though.

The Sabol one was OUTSTANDING.
On the Sharpe one, they talked about it a little on NFLTA before it was on and they showed the clip of his (in) famous "phone call" to the national Guard about "killing the Patriots."
Then they went back to the studio where Willie Mac was one of the guest hosts and he said, yeah they killed us that day but WE were the ones who went to the SB that year after they lost in the playoffs.

I watched it late last night. It was good . But I just I KNEW his National Guard rant at Foxboro would be in there.

They brought it up in discussion (big ha-ha) on all access, and Willie was kind enough to remind them that that was in '96 - When, in the end, Denver got bumped in the 1st round while the Pats went to the Prom.

Cheers, BostonTim

Deon was great too. Jerry (not for long) Glanville related a story: Deon's guy gets wide open - no way can Sanders can recover. Jerry's yelling at him. The QB sees the guy, lets loose, Deon jumps it. "Of course", say Jerry "Deon's coming back with the Ball." After the play JG asks him how in hell the guy got that open.

"I gotta let him get open, coach. If i don't I won't get no work."

Cheers, BostonTim

Wow. Watching the Shannon Sharpe one. Wow.

Always liked Sterling better, but it just got a whole lot closer.

No doubt gonna need a tissue to watch that induction speech.

I like the part where the team was visiting the White House and he didn't go because he felt he needed to work out because he didn't want to lose his job. He was a guy who was driven by his fear of failure and all that talk was covering his own in securities...

I always liked Sterling as well. He's a very articulate and bright guy. He comes off that way in this special as well.

Iba likeba thank allba yizdat belief inba meba...

amoeba.jpg

Cheers, BostonTim

Wow, he nailed the speech, talking about his brother....

Paraphrasing his very first words:

You all know I can't shut up. F*** the 8 minute rule.

I didn't put a clock on it - 35-40 minutes??? Not sure. IMO - Very disrespectful

Great taste - "I'm just the second best player in my own family."
Bad taste - "Hey HOF voters, next year think about my brother will you."

Big mixed feelings about his speech.

Cheers, BostonTim

Edit: "Only" 26 minutes apparently

There I was complaining about Sharpe, and here is Fauk going way longer. And I know I'm biased, but imo his speech was boring.

Cheers, BostonTim

Back