Shopping in person at a store or online?

Annihilus

Zen Powered by Death Buddhists
Reaction score
The only time I ever shop in person at a store anymore is if I'm looking for gift ideas or something I need right away (or sh!t like groceries, obviously). If I need something and do some digging online and find something I'm not quite sure about, I'll go to the store and check it out in person, then buy it online. Now, with in-store pickup, there's an even better option:

For example: I needed a nice, but not too expensive suit jacket so went to Macy's to check out their selection. I found one that I liked which was on sale for $140 as a Thanksgiving door buster. While still in the store, I took out my phone and found the exact same jacket on macys.com for $96.50. I placed my order utilizing their in-store pickup option, ate lunch, then picked up the jacket at the store about an hour after I was looking at it on the rack for $45 cheaper than if I would have gotten it for otherwise. I've lost track of how many times I've run into similar situations.

Does everyone do this, or is it just me?

I rarely if ever shop in stores. I might buy something in a store, but my shopping is done exclusively on-line and almost all of my purchases are on-line (mostly Amazon).

Neither I don't go out on Black Friday. I almost got into a fight in st Augustine mall last year I drove my sister to do some shopping . Some AHole hit me with his cart . I shoved it to where it almost tipped over

We have been 50/50 the past few years. There's still some things that we need to get in the store. But if we can avoid the chaos, we will shop from home.

Neither I don't go out on Black Friday. I almost got into a fight in st Augustine mall last year I drove my sister to do some shopping . Some AHole hit me with his cart . I shoved it to where it almost tipped over

I find this hard to believe. It's so out of character for you. :)

:poke:

For example: I needed a nice, but not too expensive suit jacket so went to Macy's to check out their selection. I found one that I liked which was on sale for $140 as a Thanksgiving door buster. While still in the store, I took out my phone and found the exact same jacket on macys.com for $96.50. I placed my order utilizing their in-store pickup option, ate lunch, then picked up the jacket at the store about an hour after I was looking at it on the rack for $45 cheaper than if I would have gotten it for otherwise. I've lost track of how many times I've run into similar situations.

Does everyone do this, or is it just me?

Curious...have you ever tried to get the store that was charging more the price you see online? If they would do that, it would make things even faster.

only place i knowfor sure that divorces its own online pricing from in store is home Depot. they give a cheaper price online and if you go to the store, they won't give you that price. that seems odd to me.

I do a mix. Basically, I sometimes like being able to go into a store to look at stuff. I also think that if everyone switches to buying everything online, the store will go away, so sometimes I'll give them my business, as long as the price difference isn't too ridiculous. These days, a lot of stores will match internet prices, so it usually works out OK.

I don't do Black Friday though.

I find this hard to believe. It's so out of character for you. :) :poke:
I don't know who was more pissed me or my sister when I said I'm leaving. If you want to continue shopping . you better have your husband pick you up.

Back